SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

Re: SUTC4: The "Pick Your Poison, and Pass It On!" Tournament

@Sirpoopsalot: Nice to have found the runes for insight already... in any case, nicely done

As for me, Parvati cleared the deserts up to and including the viper temple. I wasn't impressed with her attack (fists of fire) but she has good potential with Phoenix Strike. She does seem low on life, but otherwise fairly workable, and is another char that doesn't have a lot of wasted skill points. So I went middle of the road with p5, and hope to get to the rest of Act II early this week.

CB

Quirrell has cleared out Halls of the Dead. His merc faced (Holy Freeze) Bloodwitch and her pack when he was perfectly placed in a doorway. He still needed Life Tap help (as he seems to do quite often...man, that Tannr Lance is slow...)

I am still in a 'Baldur´s Gate period' now, but I will try to get Quirrell through 1-2 areas a day this week. That should have him ready in time.

Kingsley has killed the Summoner. All I can say about the AS is :thumbsdown:. No decent drops, and with the buggy AI for my merc and summons there was a lot of recasting and slow killing. Hopefully the false tombs will be kinder. Barring any craziness I should finish this weekend, the rest of this week will be all school/work.

mv

Yaxley has gotten the staff and amulet. A nice rare circlet dropped for the merc, other than that little of use. I'm still hoarding white and grey class-specific items as there are a lot of characters I haven't seen and I'm not sure what gear will serve them well. Yaxley has almost no use for the crafted gloves I personalized but at least he can wear them instead of plain white ones.

Code:
Storm Mask
Circlet
Defense: 60
Durability: 31 of 35
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x935f5851
Item Level: 47
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Properties: 
96% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +12%
5% Life stolen per hit
30% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +17

(I'm found the connection to the forums flaky recently, but it may be my internet connection...)

Aragog has killed Diablo and moved on to the Docks at Kurast. The battle with Duriel was easy (P7). The Valkyrie never died (hardly took any damage). The merc (act 2) never took a single potion. Aragog used a lot of mana potions, and finally used them all up. She watched her team mates finish off the bug because she wanted to brag about not needing to go back to town:thumbsup:. The key to the easy battle was that Duriel concentrated on the Valkyrie and never tried to attack the merc or Aragog. The whole thing took about five minutes.

Aragog should be one of the last to die in this tournament, as long as no one gets careless.:evil:

Since I have dedicated myself to set/unique/crafted equipment, I am just now getting somewhat comfortable with my equipment. Still no class specific stuff, but good basic equipment. Here is a list of what I have found:

Ethereal Lance of Yaggai (used by merc)
Ethereal Tarnhelm (used by Aragog, but it is down to 8 of 10 durability)
Arcanna's Deathwand and Aracanna's Head
Blade Buckle Unique Plated Belt
Cathan's Visage
Civerb's Cudgel
Cleglaw's Claw (2)
Death's Touch War Sword
Death Spade unique axe
Iratha's Collar
Isenharts case and horns
Manald Heal ring
Rattlecage unique Gothic Plate
Sigon's Sabot
Skewer of Krinitz unique sabre
Steelclash unique shield
The General's Tan Do Li Ga unique Flail
The Jade Tan Do unique kris
Venom Ward unique breast plate
Vidala's Barb bow and Vidala's snare amulet
Whitstan's Guard
Witchwild STring unique short siege bow

ring/gloves/boots/belt/amulet have been crafted.

The Whistan's and WWS are nice finds, especially with as little MF as you must be carrying.....some other decent stuff in there too. Pass some of that luck this way Wolron!

mv

Quirrell has now reached Arcane Sanctuary. He has found some good items lately:
- Amn rune
- 2s Cutlass (super-fast CBs, here I come...well, after I´ve reached level 59 so I´m dextrous enough...)
- Two-Handed Sword with 150+% ED, life steal, cold damage, poison damage. With another Amn, it could make a decent barbarian merc weapon.
- Spellsteal unique Military Axe. What a cool item for this tourney (where you play different characters). Charges of Firestorm, Holy Bolt, Decrepify and Teleport (where the last three are potentially very useful) speedier and with better damage than my Soulflay
- 14% Shimmering Grand Charm

Just a reminder to all that [highlight]Wednesday the 2nd [/highlight]is switch day (would have been Tuesday, but we started a day late).

Ethereal Tarnhelm (used by Aragog, but it is down to 8 of 10 durability)
Nice! It will probably last quite a while, actually. In the It Takes All Kind tourney, I was using ethereal helms and it took a long time, multiple acts generally, for a helm to wear out and that was with a Zealot who has getting hit a fair amount. A caster or ranged character should getter better use of a helm. Even when it gets down to 1 durability, you can still use in it town for prebuffing...

Yaxley is at the Canyon of the Magi WP and I hope to complete the act in one more sitting, once I can get a suitable block of time.

[highlight]Kingsley has finished Act II.[/highlight]

No incredible drops to speak of, but I did find a shael to complete Rhyme. He'll need a way to deal with PIs sometime, but I don't think he's got enough skill points coming his way for anything but a mediocre elemental attack at this point. With better AR he could always get a bow with ctc Amp or a bunch of elemental damage; I got his dex up considerably through the last two acts so he may actually be able to equip a decent bow eventually. With that in mind I put post-grizzly points into HoW. GL to whoever gets him next, he's definitely got a chance to make Guardian.

mv

[highlight]Parvati has defeated Duriel and moved to the Kurast Docks.[/highlight]

Not very many good item drops in act II. I could have squeezed the last few areas (didn't clear all the false tombs) for a few more items, and maybe another level, but low AR issues were making Parvati not so fun to play, so I decided just to finish up.
She was improving, as her points in Phoenix strike increased both that damage and the FoF damage was getting better. A couple of steel charms and she probably would function very well
She did find quite a few runes, a couple of Orts, a sol, shael and io were the top ones. The most interesting item of the drops was this one from Duriel. I didn't even realize +2 skills could spawn at this point in the game, and too bad it isn't an item with with a better base defence with the +165%def.

Dire Crest
Jawbone Cap
Defense: 42
Durability: 23 of 25
(Barbarian Only)
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 43
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 55
Fingerprint: 0x3b8382de
+2 to Life
+165% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +10%
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
Poison Length Reduced by 25%
Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

CB

Quirrell has 4 false tombs and the True tomb left to clear out. I´ve found some good stuff since the last update:
* Amn
* Three Shael runes
* Skystrike
* Sureshrill Frost

Oh yeah, since the character is so solid, I´ve spent plenty of points in Find Item. He had level 4 when I got him...far too low for me. :badteeth:

[highlight]Yaxley has killed Duriel[/highlight] and is ready for his next player. Not much to mention, gear-finding-wise, compared to others mentioned here, but I wasn't playing him at a high player count so the drops are not so dependable. I can't use rares etc. but I did get some reasonable gear for the merc and my rune collection is improving, albeit slowly.

[highlight]Beedle has finished Act 2[/highlight]

A nice strong character- I'd love to play her again!

Oh yeah, since the character is so solid, I´ve spent plenty of points in Find Item. He had level 4 when I got him...far too low for me. :badteeth:

I think that might be as close as you ever get to wasting skill points! :flip:

Quirrel found something unusual, a boss he had to kill all by himself.
OK, I could have bought Waheed a weapon with elemental damage, but I actually wanted to try out how much magic damage Quirrel can deliver. This boss fell quite quickly before the might of Spellsteel. Waheed was still useful, soaking up the damage.

No good finds, but a good shopped item: Amber (33) Chain Boots of Acceleration. That´s about as good as magical 'survival' boots can be.

Only the True tomb left now.

I think that might be as close as you ever get to wasting skill points! :flip:

In a single-pass situation, I can not see how points in Find Item can ever be a waste. You can never know if you´ll hork that Super Item you dream of...

I regret to announce the [highlight]Death of Ginny the Sorseress[/highlight]. :cry:

I got killed in Tal Rasha's tomb, on my way to Duriel. Due to the excessive amount of school work i had to rush through both of the NM acts and as a result i couldn't level up my char as i wished her to. But even then having high vit and one of my favorite sorc spells (firewall) caused me to play carelessly.

Before i even half cleared the tomb, i got myself cornered assuming it to be a safe location with the firewall in front of me. The next thing i saw was a horde of scarab bettles over my firewall =(

Good luck and have fun to all the remainers...
I hope to see at least one of those barbs in front of hell baal :fortuneteller:

R.I.P. Ginny.

[Highlight]Quirrell is in Kurast Docks[/Highlight] waiting for the next player. He should not have much trouble in Act III, I think.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High