Uber Dtalon - Best Possible Weapon?

Valxon

Mar 7, 2008
Uber Dtalon - Best Possible Weapon?

Hey guys. I'm planning on making a d-talon kicker for the ubers and PvM in general and I'm wondering what the best possible weapon would be?

The three best possible weapons I've read about are
Beast
Kingslayer
Last Wish

Last Wish at a glance would appear to be the ultimate weapon largely due to it's insanely high Crushing Blow. But I'm wondering if maybe I'd be better off with one of the other two, and a lot of other Crushing Blow equipment for two reasons:
Last Wish doesnt have an IAS boost which I'm told directly effects your kick speed and
the 6% chance to chat level 11 Fade. I can imagine this would be VERY annoying overall as it would cancel out your level 20 Venom which adds a lot to your kick damage.

Any suggestions or input in this area?

Re: Uber Dtalon - Best Possible Weapon?

The three best possible weapons I've read about are
Beast
Kingslayer
Last Wish

...the 6% chance to chat level 11 Fade. I can imagine this would be VERY annoying overall as it would cancel out your level 20 Venom which adds a lot to your kick damage.

Beast - No. It is nice, but still... no.
Kingslayer - Still no, but still a nice weapon.
Last Wish - Very Very workable.

Best, IMO is a Stormlash, socketed with either a Shael or a Ber. The Static is amazing. Last Wish is slightly better than it for Uber'ing, but for everything else Stormlash is the way to go.

Fade will never cancel Venom. It will however cancel BoS. The thing is that it is easy to get a level of Fade higher than 11, so Last Wish may actually lower your resists when it procs.

Laz

There's always Azurewrath. You get fantastic speed (only 20 IAS away from 7/3 kicks) plus high cold and magic damage. Plus a skill point. Plus the all attributes bonus. Put a Ber in it if you need more CB. I decided against Stormlash for my hybrid build because I'm already getting tons of lightning damage from the traps, and I wanted to be able to kill everything without swapping weapons.

I heard many swear by a Fleshripper. Ever seen the mods on that little dagger? Yowzah.

I have both Fleshripper and Stormlash both are super fast killers. I have not yet attempted to solo the ubers but will shortly. (need to upgrade my armor to COH) I think there is no need to spend several Hr's when you can aquire these weapons at a fraction of the cost.

Does anyone know if there is a significiant difference between 83% CB vs 103%. I wanted to socket my stormlash with a Jah but I guess Ber could be an option to consider.

There are several weapons that can be used on switch for PIs or ways to take off immunity from monsters (Decrepify, Amp). So I think Fleshripper is still a viable weapon.

Does anyone know if there is a significiant difference between 83% CB vs 103%. I wanted to socket my stormlash with a Jah but I guess Ber could be an option to consider.
For everything except bosses/uniques, Jah will mean you miss less kicks meaning you will proc more CB even if you have 83% as opposed to 103%, just because you will not miss vs regular monsters, and this makes overall pvm a lot quicker. Regular monsters dying faster usually results in death sentries clearing the room faster which speeds things up.

In my experience when I started out building my pvm kicksin, I actually found I got faster dungeon clearing speeds using a Cresent Moon Phase over an unsocketed Stormlash. I put a Stormlash on when I hit 82 and noticed myself get slower at clearing areas. I did a few tests on sp afterwards comparing different weapons, and found itd makes quite a bit of difference.
Jah'd Stormlash did outperform everything of course. (not counting vs PI, for which my solution was a Jah'd Azurewrath switch, although players have found other counters viable vs PI as well)

for PvM kicker
Stormlash with Azurewrath on switch kick all other weapons ***

high speed with decent cb sf and Ice/Magic/lightning dmg
deal with almost every situation on solo(except im imo)
crowd-weakening anti-undead/pi boss-killing

make this combination super strong

runs into thread

STORMLASH!!

runs out of thread

omg sambo. you have to liek.. justify your opinion, and type out an essay (double space plz) as to why you think Stormlash is the best. Just cause you did it 20x before in other threads doesnt mean anything.

<.<
>.>

:prop::prop::prop:

in uber, I quite liked azurewrath. purely for...u know the aura.

but in general pvm, stormlash. although meaking corpse then DS for kills, storm lash just does it better.

in uber, I quite liked azurewrath. purely for...u know the aura.

but in general pvm, stormlash. although meaking corpse then DS for kills, storm lash just does it better.

I'm currently using a Lawbringer CS (had it on a mule) and I must say it's a awesome weapon for kicking. Only thing I'm missing is just a tad more ias but I guess that will fix itself if I change to a pb.

Eth Fleshripper and Stormlash coming up soon.. can't understand how you can wreck more carnage then I already do :rolleyes:

just wait for azure...lawbringer is nothin' compared to this baby! XD

atm my kicker is fastest at clearing monsters among my ladder chars...even tho I have fully equipped bo faithzon and frenzy, they just don't cut it vs stormlash.

ofc, not comparing with hammer or any of sorc, since I don't have sorc that#s working atm :p, but for melee char its sure still damn fast

just wait for azure...lawbringer is nothin' compared to this baby! XD

atm my kicker is fastest at clearing monsters among my ladder chars...even tho I have fully equipped bo faithzon and frenzy, they just don't cut it vs stormlash.

ofc, not comparing with hammer or any of sorc, since I don't have sorc that#s working atm :p, but for melee char its sure still damn fast

Didn't even think about "RIP" mod on the lawbringer..it does prevent the monsters from exploding with DS right? (If AS is correct for once)

Guess I'll have to get yet another weapon. Azure sounds like the best choice for cs/wsk runs to me. The aura is nifty to say the least.

Well, trying 'Rift' Cade + NW + Dream shield and a Crescent moon / Phoenix switch (lvl 75 and going). Can't see **** with either switch so might tune down the ctc a notch. Again, awesome damage with both equips.

Hell upcoming with the addition of infinity.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High