Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread

Haha, true that. It will copy the maps and the key as well, right? So I need to manually erase all of the files going by the name of the previouis charachter, right?

Haha, true that. It will copy the maps and the key as well, right? So I need to manually erase all of the files going by the name of the previouis charachter, right?

No idea, probably not.

These files are not important. As far as i'm aware their only influence is to make the parts of the map that you've explored visible. You won't lose your map as it's based on the seed, stored in the D2S. It'll just all be black until you explore it again :)

So yeah, just delete anything with the old name. Make sure it worked first :)

Sorry for bringing it up again, just in case you missed it. :(

Indeed I did miss it :)

RWM is not affecting it, that's for sure.

I dunno. That's my best answer :p

It might well be that the save directory definition is not used, so it just looks at the path defined for the Diablo base, then looks in save from there. Which is annoying.

No idea, probably not.

These files are not important. As far as i'm aware their only influence is to make the parts of the map that you've explored visible. You won't lose your map as it's based on the seed, stored in the D2S. It'll just all be black until you explore it again :)

So yeah, just delete anything with the old name. Make sure it worked first :)

Ok cool, thanks for patiently tutoring the n00b! =)

It'd still be nice if the new charachter had the same key, but I suppose it's hardly the end of the world if I have to assign hotkeys again :p

After a long time of toying with save files and ATMA's 'recent' display function, I've come to the conclusion that regardless of what one does, character names shorter than 10 letters will diplay the dreadful C:\etc. I think I'll just accept it and come to terms with it. Thanks to all who have tried to help my fetish for not wanting to see the save path. :p

Hi,

I'm having an issue with GoMule/Flavie. I've been using it without issue on OS X for quite a while, and it's great.

Recently, I created an XP partition on my Mac so I could run RRM/RWM and experience the game in full 3D glory.

I've copied across GoMule, and my stashes. GoMule itself is working fine, but when I try and run Flavie I'm getting an exception:

error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at randall.flavie.Flavie.<init>(Flavie.java:89)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.actionPerformed(D2ViewProject.java:104)

I installed the latest JRE from Sun.

Any ideas on this? A known problem, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Flavie opens zip files? Interesting.

Ah, it's for the dupe detection. Have you not copied them over? Should be a folder called "dupelists" with a file called "dup.zip" in it.

Best thing to do would be a clean install - Copy your "projects" folder, download GoMule from the sourceforge website, delete all the old stuff, put in the new GoMule you just downloaded, then paste the "projects" folder back into the GoMule directory.

That should sort it :)

Thanks Silospen. That was the first thing I tried, actually. Didn't make any difference.

Rebooting into Mac OS to generate the Flavie report at the moment. Not the end of the world, just a little irritating as I'd like to figure out why it's doing this. Does the JRE have it's own code for handling .zip files or does it rely on the host OS being able to handle them? I've not got anything installed on the Windows partition for zip files.

I got nothing.

Java should be able to handle zips without anything else. Are you 100% sure that the dup.zip is there and it has files in it/is readable/etc?

Yup - it's there and I can open it and read the text files inside. Very strange.

Ok, zip up the whole lot and email it to [email protected].

I'll have a looksie, hopefully it'll break for me too and I can find a solution :)

If it doesn't break for me, then all I can think is that it could be classpaths, it's looking for the zip somewhere it shouldn't.

Do the icons load up for you? Little disk for save, little folder for load? If so, then it's unlikely to be your classpath, since if it can find the icons, it can find the zip. Hell, if it can find all the other stuff like the dat files, it should all be set properly.

Don't mess with the classpath yet (it can be a real pain on Windoze), we'll see what happens when I try your GoMule/Flavie.

Thanks for the help. I did some more fiddling this morning and have managed to get it working. The only thing I did differently was unzip the download under Windows rather than unzipping it under OS X and copying the files to the Windows partition. The obvious point would be file permissions, but I'd checked those beforehand to make sure it wasn't something silly like a file being read only.

Weird one, but it's working now. Ta.

Glad you got it sorted, I was rapidly running out of ideas.

Very odd. Perhaps it was permissions, windows occasionally upsets me with those - the disadvantages of tacking a permission system on top of your operating system instead of having it from the start I guess :p

When I try to run the ATMA_installer.exe, I get the following message:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I've searched on the net and it suggests to click the "unblock" button in the properties menu of the file. There is no such button there. I did however find that button on the zipped file that I downloaded from the ATMA-page, clicked it, unzipped again, but still can't run the installer...

Anybody knows what to do?

P.S. I run window XP

Are you on a school/university computer that you can't write to program files on?

No, I'm on my own home computer.

Admin privilege?

Yup. This is also the only file I have encountered this problem with.

Is there maybe another version I could download? Or maybe just the drop calculator, as that is the only thing I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High