Dual Element Blizzard Sorcs?

IntellectSucks

Feb 20, 2008
Dual Element Blizzard Sorcs?

I rarely ever see people talking about Blizz/FB, Blizz/Meteor, or Blizz/Lite sorcs. Are there huge disadvantages to these builds? I've made a few that used to kick some real tail in Hell difficulty, even with lots of players.
Thoughts?

Re: Dual Element Blizzard Sorcs?

The reason is simple - if you invest skill points into a secondary attack, Blizzard loses out on damage - much more than, say, Fireball or Meteor does. At least, the consequences are more "disastrous".

This is especially true if you invest into FB, Meteor or Light as a secondary attack for a blizzsorc. Such skills need to be heavily synergized to be effective, but you've already got Blizzard synergies to spend your skill points on!

Actually a Blizzballer is a fairly common build. And yeah, they can work ok.

I love playing dual element blizz sorcs, my favorite is a blizzbolter. As far as pvm goes I think they work very well and are fun to play, the disadvantage imo comes when used as mfers. Their killing speed vs. bosses isn't up to par with some other builds, but maybe with optimal gear they could be ok to use, I've never had optimal gear for them so I don't really know. Another of my favorite dual element sorcs is a boltballer, with the gear I have I can get 5k fireball with 500+ damage bolts. I love unusual builds. :prop:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High