minor MF on Socketablefinder

Borje

Banned
Mar 13, 2007
minor MF on Socketablefinder

Hello!

I have a hybrid amazon that I use for running pits, CS and WSK. I wear no MF in order to get good socketed drops (I have a light-sorc for MFing). The problem is that I can find no good boots that isn't WT's to use, but will a low MF WT mess up my socketable/socketed drops?

thx in adv.

I really wouldn't aim for any amount of MF. Just wear your magic finding gear. The typical monster has a crap chance of dropping anything worthy in the first place, so, you're not going to wear 0 MF and suddenly have eth berserker axes dropping off of every fallen, oblivion knight or gloam you encounter. :undecided:

hehe, ok, I didn't say it quite right. What I meant was, I can't find any boots I'd rather have than War Travelers. The question is if those 3X% MF will make a huge difference for how many items that come out blue/yellow rather than white/grey...

EDIT: MYK, I know that, just like you won't drop unique berserker axes off of every fallen, OK or gloam with 500% MF. The thing is that I don't like the whole making thing with making a char and once it's done stop using it, so I wanted to use her to simply do as fast killing a spossible. My MF char can't quite handle CS/WSK since she doesn't have a griffon so instead I clear CS and WSK with my zon and then teleport to DIA/BAAL to get the MF from my sorc (I do some other runs with her too..). But since I don't want to equip her some real MF but instead be the fastest killer possible (for this char), so I figured a socketable/charms/bling bling/pgem collector could be cool.

Last edited:
if killings speed is you target, you only have two options. War trav or gores. All the other don't add (much) extra damage. (Or if your damage is really bad, goblin toe of the nice crushing blow, though you probably have faith so gore or war trav.)

P.S. would you mind if a good unique dropped? Just like with mf, there isn't a reason to go grazy about no-mf. The difference will be small with only a bad war trav.

3X MF is no big deal. Out of 100 items, instead of getting, say, 78 normal items, 20 blues, and 2 yellows, you'll get 70.5 normal items, 27 blues, and 2.5 yellows. It's no big deal, really, and certainly nothing to be overly concerned about. (Disclaimer: Item type ratios in this post are fictional :thumbsup: )

I am using Gores currently but since I find myself using Multi shot more than Strafe the CB/OW/DS isn't making that much difference.

Well, the reason I thought I had to ask is because of the diminishing returns of MF. There is no point in going "over board" on MF if that means loosing killing speed/survivabillity for another 50 MF from 400 to 450. But the very first 50 MF does a lot bigger difference since it isn't affected very much by the dim. returns. Also, ofcourse I don't mind an occassional unique but if it at the cost of some Sup Archon Plates turning into a blue item. So how much of my whites will get blue?

EDIT: Ok, zinc, if it isn't a bigger difference than that it would be fine.. thx.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High