weapon for a fire claw druid

bergeron

Jan 30, 2007
weapon for a fire claw druid

I am thinking of making a fire claw druid and I realize I have no idea about what to use as a weapon. With all of the elemental damage, it's obvious that I would want something fast, but with all of the fire immune monsters in hell, I probably want decent physical damage as well.

So basically I need a perfect fast-and-powerful weapon :rolleyes:

Any ideas?

6-socket phase blade with as many shaels as needed to hit minimum FPA (IIRC it takes all six sockets full of shaels, but definitely look it up in a guide/calc) and if there's any sockets left, put eths in them. Put something on switch for the FI's. Ribcracker would work if you want physical damage.

-CG

The amount needed is 110% IAS for 4 fpa - from the weapon, as CG already said. With off-hand IAS you can only reach a maximum of 9 fpa.
That means: 4 Shaels and 2 IAS jewels would also get the job done :)

You won't need any other IAS gear than that - 4 fpa is the maximum attack speed for Fire Claws.

I used the 6-socket phase blade on my FC bear & he rocked.

I'd recommend getting a 3-4 second stun on your shockwave, 10 or so in Lycanthropy & the rest in FC synergies (I only had about 30 pts in synergies & my dmg was on the low side)

offtopic: Is Patrice back yet? Bruins have sure been struggling without him
/offtopic

Other options are a giant thresher or a champion axe (or their normal and exceptional counterparts) with 120IAS (or IIRC 105%WIAS and 10%OWIAS). The polearms give you extra range and the axes save you from the awful block speed werebears have. I'd recommend CB as a way of dealing with PIs, ribby on switch is a definate option. If you can get enough CB from your normal gear then you won't even need to switch weapons (Duress, Goblin Toes/Gorefoot and Guilarms Face should do the job nicely) and you can still attack with Fireclaws to benefit from the AR.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High