Who here does good bnet deeds?

I stopped giving radom stuff to strangers, for they are ungrateful or tend to become stalkers. When I feel like emptying my mules I put everything on a new created account ( that I will never use anymore ) open a game "Free stuff", drop everything on the floor and leave after the first two or three players joined.

I once joined a game where a relative newbie was helping out a new newbie in acts 1 and 2 (he was level 15 or so necro). I was just starting a new barb and he helped me out. After he helped me get my cube, I left and came back with an old "white" runeword wand for him, not a great one. He flipped out, thought it was the greatest thing he'd ever seen.

Made me feel good.

Having just started playing D2 again, let me say I really appreciate the help I got my second night back.. I wish I wrote his account name down because the gear and rush he gave me really helped :)

i will help if someone asks and can spell properly. it also helps if they use proper grammar. i can rush you through hell, but no way i'm going to give you an english lesson. get back to class.

i'll pretty much help through norm to hell, but refuse to rush act2.. such a pain in the rear rushing Act2. finding the staff pieces, telling people where to run in Lut Gholein, etc.. forget all that. come back to me when you're in Act3 =)

I give away stuff to friends. That's about where my giving stops.

l usually give free cow runs in normal since those are hardest to find, and l give my MF leftovers to people who are genuinely poor. l also never take gold in a duel.

D2 on Bnet seems to be improving a bit now that the game is older - I think a lot of the crap people have moved on. I did help some random people out last night after I got my new sorc to lvl 30 - I tombed fror a while, then helped a pally and necro get through act 3 and 4. To my amazement, most of the people showed gratitude, but maybe it was just my luck that night. Dunno.

A wise man here once told me forumites should stick together so I helped Hucca the other day with some trists. And ofcourse you want more and more people to join, because it's for everyones benefit. After a while we got a full party running for about 10 games in which this guy starts to brag about how gosu he would be. I pointed out it wouldn't be that super out of personal experience. He didn't believe this and eventually threw the usual Bnet stuff out: Noob, loser and whatnot. Easy thing to handle: Hucca and I reparty, the rest got the message and did the same --> guy leaves with some rude words. Peace and quiet afterwards. After the 20th run or so everyone was very glad it went so smooth and stuff.

It's those times I cherish. I remember the times when I worshipped high lvl chars helping low lvls out too, so I understand their position. Those moments really help me enjoying the game.

I do but if I am rushing or doing anchients and someone calls me a noob or something and says "I have perf nimga, shako, maras, ptorch, ect." i just leave

I don't blame you. It seems the whole population is crammed full of people like this. Public or private, I would leave at the slightest hint of an "I-have-perfect-[item list]-I better-than-you" attitude and/or if a cookie-cutter hammerdin shows up. (Hammerdins are a major pet peeve of mine since I mentioned it.)

Anyway, the frequently mentioned also applies to me. It all depends if the people are polite. If they show signs of (above) or some other form of battle.net-prone egocentrism (heh), forget it. For others out there who have been playing for years, I'm sure you understand my drift. :cool:

*Psyrus@USWest

Every time I stop playing (has happened probably 3-4 times now) I play a little while and find someone fairly new that actually seems to be a decent person, and give them a character or so's worth of stuff, then do the same for the next char. The most recent of which was someone who made the game "Brg Zod" or something to that extent, who wanted to make a botd, so I dropped my Eth zerker for him. Now that I'm firing it back up I wouldn't mind having that back, but it would've expired by now, so it's all gravy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High