Crafted Item Questions

avm

Jul 30, 2006
Crafted Item Questions

A bit of a newbish question, just getting into crafting, and was wondering:

1) is it possible to put a socket into a crafted item via the socket quest?
2) is it possible to unsocket jewels/runes/etc from a socketed crafted item (via quest or built-in mods) using the cube recipe?

Another question, actually, while I'm here :)

Suppose I wanted to make a blood weapon using a berserker axe (which I do). What would be the best way to procure said axes? I'm assuming I would need a lot of them, and they don't exactly drop often. Do I have a reasonable chance to shop them at any of the vendors?

I did a couple blood gloves the other day just to try crafting out, and was able to gamble magic ones to use from Gheed very consistently, but Anya for example almost never had "heavy gloves" available for gambling. Is there anywhere I could look this stuff up? It seems like there's patterns as to what's available where.

Thanks a lot!

A bit of a newbish question, just getting into crafting, and was wondering:

1) is it possible to put a socket into a crafted item via the socket quest?
So long as the item is unsocketed and the base type can get sockets, a crafted item can get 1 socket from the socket quest.

2) is it possible to unsocket jewels/runes/etc from a socketed crafted item (via quest or built-in mods) using the cube recipe?
Yes. As is standard with the recipe, the socketable will be destroyed.

Suppose I wanted to make a blood weapon using a berserker axe (which I do). What would be the best way to procure said axes? I'm assuming I would need a lot of them, and they don't exactly drop often. Do I have a reasonable chance to shop them at any of the vendors?
I'm not sure how reasonable the chance is anywhere, but the higher your clvl, the better the chance will be.

I did a couple blood gloves the other day just to try crafting out, and was able to gamble magic ones to use from Gheed very consistently, but Anya for example almost never had "heavy gloves" available for gambling. Is there anywhere I could look this stuff up? It seems like there's patterns as to what's available where.
Gambling is completely independent of act and difficulty. It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Thanks for the info. If anyone knows the actual odds for shopping berserker axes, I'd love to hear it.

Gambling is completely independent of act and difficulty. It's just your mind playing tricks on you.

Wow... that's pretty insane. I opened the gamble screen for Anya at least 20 times, no heavy gloves. Got ones from Gheed every other screen, sometimes 2 per. Granted, not a large enough set to draw conclusions, but still seems so unlikely...

its pure luck. i don't have problems finding gloves at anya.

also if you're lucky the crafted item can generate with sockets in it ;)

I gamble for all my base item needs. Gambling a BA will probably take a couple tries, but it sure beats pit running to find some.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm SP so it's probably gambling for me. It'd be ironic to get a good rare while gambling for a magic to craft with :)

Another question - is it possible to craft an eth item? If so, is it random or will it just be eth if your magic is eth?

Thanks again :)

unfortunatly, due to an inexplicable bug, if you craft an eth item, it will become non-eth once crafted.

which kinda really sucks.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm SP so it's probably gambling for me. It'd be ironic to get a good rare while gambling for a magic to craft with :)

I think that shopping is far better, and cheaper. Larzuk, as well as Hratli and Halbu can sell Berserker Axes. Larzuk would be best, since the WP is so close to him.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High