Fastest normal weapon?

Morathi1

Dec 22, 2006
Fastest normal weapon?

hi guys i come to you today with a question that i cant seem to find.

What is the fastest normal weapon? (This could be a unique or base item)

I am asking this question because with my druid in the no vitality tournament i am finding that when i use fire claw with my bear it is very slow and i dont know which weapon to search for. I no the ideal weapon is a phase blade with 6 sockets, but phase blades can only drop in early hell.

So if you have any idea of which is the fastest normal weapon? or if you have made a fireclaw druid which weapon do you aim to find?

thanks

Morathi

How about a six-shaeled Phase Blade? -30 base Weapon Speed Modifier with 6 Shaels and I don't think that can be beat.

I assume what you mean is "What is the fastest weapon that I can find in Normal difficulty?" as you are playing in an un-twinked tourney.

Shael's are not going to be easy to come by in Normal - countess can't drop them, you will have to hit her in NM.

My suggestion - Steeldriver. It may be a bit slow, but has nice damage, low requirements and 40% built in IAS. Whack a Shael into into it when you can, and up it for NM.

Edit:
Just checked the German WS calc and Steeldriver hits 15FPA, 12FPA with a Shael. Blood Crescent maybe?

Last edited:
Yeah i didn't seem to verify what i meant by normal weapon. What i mean by that term is weapons that can drop in normal difficulty. The item can be either unique or base (white text) item. I was thinking blood crescent was the fastest but i wasnt too sure.

If you want fast weapon with nice damage, use could hwanin's bill. It should be good even for fireclaws

Actually, thinking outside the box, the fastest weapons in normal, would probably be the unique composite bow - Rogues bow, or the unique repeating crossbow Doomslinger. With 10%OIAS you'd hit 7 frames with either of those weapons.

If you are talking about the fastest normal weapon - a 6 sheal war scythe or great axe would be the best, (shaels can drop from Diablo or Act 5). I believe (although I'm not sure) that Larzuk would put 6 sockets in those weapons if they were found towards the end of Act 5 (ilvl 40+). Both of these would give you a 4 frame attack with no OIAS.

Other weapons that are slower but may still be worth considering are hellplague (18 frames, +2 fire skills), hexfire (18 frames, +3 fire skills), athenas wrath (10 frames) +1-3druid skills) and can drop in normal (although the chances for athenas and hexfire are pretty darn small).

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all your comments, i know that a 6 sheal'd phase blade is the fastest weapon in the game and that is what i am aiming for. But my question is talking about normal difficulty only not NM or Hell.

I had a look at some items and i think as far as the best weapon to search for would be blood crescent. It is fast and has some very nice mods. Rogues bow as you mentioned yiuman would actually be the fastest weapon in normal difficulty, thanks for letting me know. I will try and find it :laugh:.

Sorry, I didn't realize what you meant by normal weapon. The possibilities mentioned above are excellent and there are two others that come to mind: a cutlass (not a normal grade weapon, but I believe a cutlass can drop in normal- I don't have ATMA here to check) and Khalim's Will (the fully assembled one), which has 50% IAS. Of course, you may be already beyond where you can still pick up Khalim's Will.

Also a Cho-ko-nu with shaels reaches fastest possible attack speed, if I recall correctly. Get a white one and Larzuk it and you'll be plenty fast.

I used a shopped kris of quickness on my fc bear right up until hell when I finally found a phase blade, that way I could use a shield to bolster my resists.

Seemed to work pretty well. No comparison to a 6 socket phase blade though (those things are insane)

Sorry, my earlier suggestion of a cutlass was not so good in that the cutlass is from TC45, and not droppable in normal. If you do find a Blood Crescent (WSM -20) and you upgrade it to cutlass, the WSM will improve to -30 so that may also be something to consider.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High