question for bvb, about fhr and cold dmg

achilesx

Apr 29, 2007
question for bvb, about fhr and cold dmg

bvb doesnt need alot of fhr, does fhr help when ww to ww?

does cold dmg help when ww to ww?

Fhr wise you'll prolly be fine at 46 bp, but if you can manage 86 isnt a bad one to have imo.

Cold dmg doesnt do that much for a barb in a bvb duel cept giving his opponent a slower longer ww which imo is what a bvb should want (which is why my old one didnt have any cbf).

A bvb duel imo really comes down to lvl and your % of OW's. I think that OW's is what wins a bvb duel, not def, and not always dmg either. I once had a bvb with a Razoredge axe that took down several ebotdz bvbs (which imo are a joke to anyways) but he never could quite take down the grief ones (which is the best bvb weapon other than a bugged eth fury zerker/balrog blade).

my 2 cents, lets see what the others say.

-BLoke :smug:

bvb doesnt need alot of fhr, does fhr help when ww to ww?

does cold dmg help when ww to ww?

Fhr is only useful if you make a mistake and get hit between whirls which you shouldn't. 0% is fine with some practice.

Cold damage is only useful if your opponent doesn't have cbf, to screw up his mobility. Some people like that though, it depends on their build. Keep a life/cold dmg sc in stash and try it vs different builds and see when it works.

an arreats will provide all the FHR you need for bvb. you dont really need any, but a bit is nice.

cold damage can be useful, especially as most bvb's forgo CBF. as mentioned, a cold-damage/lifer sc is probably the best place to get this (assuming your not using a Duress)

there's a bit more to bvb than merely def/ar/life/damage/OW%. how & when you whirl at someone can play a big part in the outcome of the duel. decent tactics can largly overcome an opponents gear advantage.

i dunno about other realms, but most of the top barbs are using an eth, zod-bugged fort AP on West NL. which is a PITA.

I dont play a BvB, I have a Singer, but people ehre seem to know the FHR BP's and I was wondering if someone could help me with the higher end ones. Beyond 86. My Barb will be able to wield as much as 200%+ Just wondering Where I should shoot for when I stash Vs Trapsins etc.Thanks a mil in advance

Singer? Barbarians have little problems with fhr. If you have problems versus a trap sin, I am sorry to hear that cuz good trap sins are almost impossible to beat with a singer. Try sorb instead, or if not, try a bvc.

Most people have no problems against a singer especially trappers, as not forgetting that most of them have claw block, max fhr, max fcr, and above 40dr.

After 86% is 200. I'm not sure if there's a higher one, but it wouldn't be practical anyway.

It is an overkill to use 86fhr on barbs anyway. Anyway, not trying to disagree with you, but I have to refute that your problem don't lie in not having enough fhr. It is the build. In Diablo PK, it is not fair, as only certain builds can compete. As far as I know, most to most, a char only has up to 2 or 3. Versus a godly pk'er, fun builds defintely cannot win. This game is not like Counter-strike or DotA. In Counter-Strike, so long you trained the reflex of that gun, you can pratically rack kills with it. But not in Diablo. In Diablo PK, some builds is superior and some are weak.

I can gurantee you that every reputatable trap sin kills Singers with one eye closed. Singers aren't a challenge for Trap sins at all.

Sorry for reading..

cold damage is only a minor nuisance in BvB, it makes you walk slower and thats about it, if both chars are using axes as long as your both whirling at each other it doesn't matter how fast or slow you go, you both have the same number of hit checks against each other.

and its kinda cheap, but you can use concentrate then whirl and you keep the def bonus through the whirl if you can do the switch fast enough

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High