Places to find a good unique bow?

SURESNIPE

Oct 15, 2007
Places to find a good unique bow?

Hey guys my amazon is currently at lvl 53 in nightmare and I still have not really found any bow that every one talks about. Is this just because I am not high enough up yet or should I be expecting to find a good bow soon. The 3 guys that I play with have ran mannnnnny baal runs on normal but I never found anything to crazy. I am still using a 4 socketed bow that gives +1 bow skills that basically does all poison damage. So I'm basically asking where/what should I be looking for around this time? Once again I just got back into the game so I am not as smart as all you pros ;)

Thanks for help,
SURESNIPE

just get through hell and do baal runs to a high elvel 85+ by that time you probly will have found enough to trade for a windforce or some other bow.

You're probably better off trading any of the quality stuff you find for a bow. I'm lvl 68 and I've only found one bow worth using at your lvl in all my Meph and Diablo runs in NM.

Yea the bad thing is that the few guys I play with...we don't really trade or play with people we do not know...but I believe I might have to in order to get a nice bow...

alright sounds good.... I was curious...how much damage do most of you guys do?

Depends on which bowazon. I have three bowazons currently, all different builds.

Generally, you should try to aim for a couple thousand damage per hit, which may mean your LCS tells you you're doing around 1K+ damage. Then factor in Critical Strike or Deadly Strike and if you can use curses like Decrepify or Amp Damage to enhance what you're already doing. That'll make you Hell viable.

If you can, run NM Countess and Travincal for runes and items. You'd want to look for Shael, Ko, and some other decent runes. Act 5 of NM should yield things like elite bows, which then can be socketed into a "Harmony" or better. A couple nice unique bows which you may run across include Witchwild String, Lycander's Aim, or Goldstrike Arch, and if upped or built around, these bows too do well in Hell.

how much damage do most of you guys do?

well, my bowie does good damage with faith GMB, fort, diadem with 3 40/15 jewels, LOH, wartravs, razortail, ravenfrost, cats eye and some rare leech ring. and i put ALL points in dex and 20 points in GA.

inv full of max damage small charms and GA does 1K-almost8K damage:cool:

well, my bowie does good damage with faith GMB, fort, diadem with 3 40/15 jewels, LOH, wartravs, razortail, ravenfrost, cats eye and some rare leech ring. and i put ALL points in dex and 20 points in GA.

inv full of max damage small charms and GA does 1K-almost8K damage:cool:

hmm my bow ama has similar equipment but with better gloves and belt and probably better rare ring too but she still does only 2203-6954 without mercenary... so are you using an act2 mercenary with pride? :p

hmm my bow ama has similar equipment but with better gloves and belt and probably better rare ring too but she still does only 2203-6954 without mercenary... so are you using an act2 mercenary with pride? :p

yeah i forgot about merc :tongue:

pride and might auras also...

Good bows can had by running any of the usual suspects in Nightmare and beyond.

Andy, Duriel, Meph, Diablo, especially Baal (even in Normal mode, Baal can drop some descent suff).

If you can't find a descent Unique. . .then run the Pits or Cows and find yourself a socketed bow and craft a runeword.

'Zephyr' is a very good low-level bow and is better than most of the normal uniques (in my opinion).
'Melody' is a great mid-level bow with a bunch of useful mods.

There are also some other runewords that are killer, but they usually require some pretty exotic (read: duped) runes.

Also- always (no really ALWAYS) identify all Rare bows. There are some absolutely jaw-dropping Rares out there. Just ask SuperDave.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High