Help /w my lighting sorc

Wumderbean

Oct 1, 2007
Help /w my lighting sorc

OK all i wanted to know if im doing enough damage or if i ****ed up, i got awesome gear atm for what i think

Helm - Griffons -20 +15
BP - CoH
Ammy - Maras
Ring - x2 soj
Boots - War travs
Gloves - Mage fist
main hand - Hoto
Off hand - Spirit

Merc
Infinity
Gaze
Fort
+ 5 light gcs + anni/torch

only doing 31k /w lighting bolt i see some ppl saying 45-50k how do i do this?
Skills
Lighting Bolt - max
Chain - max
Mastery - max
Nova - getting there
Charge bolt - max
1 warmth
1 ice armor
1 into tele and 1 for pre req

anyone /w any suggestions plz tell
o ya belt - aracind

Last edited:
To get that kind of lightning damage you have to use 3light skills/3lightning orb, 3light/2facet hat, 3light ammy etc. Overall you do considerably less damage, no reason to do it unless you just want the max possible damage on the LCS for some odd reason.

Your gear is far more than adequate.

Edit: Oh oops, drop the magefists, you have 140fcr and the BP is 117. Assuming that's a 32+ Spirit anyway.

Agree with Yaotzin. People do not understand how -res works, and just want to "see teh big number1111!!1!!!" and do not realize that the number on the LCS is quite misleading. Anyone doing more than 40k either has so many charms they cant pick anything up, is sacrificing -res gear for +skills gear, or both. Probably because its human nature. Cant brag about something that most of Bnet doesn't understand right? Even though my sorc does more damage at 39.5k than a 48k sorc /shrug.

Get some Lightning Skillers, finish your Nova synergy, and you should be fine.

Consider swapping HOTO for Crescent Moon for much better damage on broken immunes. You should have enough res from CoH + Maras + Spirit, and as already pointed out you have too much FCR.

Also have a cta on switch, the extra skills will increase your visible damage by a bit along with the extra life/mana boost.

Ok guys thanks alot, yeah my spirit is like only 28% i think so i kept the magefist on what gloves should i switch for them then?

Frostburn to boost your mana is a good option, plus the mana recovery rate will increase, making mana potion quaffing scarser.
Edit: 2xSoJ might cover this problem for you already...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High