about the ebug formula

kkvvy

Aug 15, 2006
about the ebug formula

just get a eth CV
but it superior=/
so can i use the ebug formula for it?
or just use the socket quest for the socket?
and is the ebug work on armor only or???

sry too many question

The eth bug will only apply to armor, helms, and shields.

Also, you can't cube socket superior items anyways.

The cube recipes for socketing don't work on superior items. Even if they would, they add a random number of sockets. I guess you want 4 sockets on your CV, so Larzuk will be the better choice even if your CV wasn't superior. He will add that number.

The cube recipe for socketing weapons isn't bugged. It just happens when applying the recipe for armor, helms and shields on ethereal items.

by armor you mean body armor! eth shilds base def can be increased by 50% as well.I dont know why people call it ebug,its not a bug.its part of many thing that cube can do.bunch of people got banned in uswest by putting ebug in their trade title or list.

Actually I like 4 socket eth threshers and GPAs more because they have lower reqs and are quicker, but Larzuk will add 5 respectively 6 sockets to them and not 4, so you have to use the recipe or find one which already has 4. They are too rare to be used for Insight IMO. I make Insight in CVs and RWs with HRs (like Infinity) in the other polearms.

wut is GPAs?
i have a CV insight but str req 210
using guill and duriel shell for boost up the str
wut else u think is good for boost up the mecr str or which gear for him better(just come back to play dont know anythin~.~)

so my CV should make for Insight or Infinity(which way is better)

It's not a bug, it's a correction patch that Blizzard made. In the "old days," when you cube-socketed armor/shields/helms, the game would remove the ethereal defense bonus, and it needed fixed. Blizz fixed it, carried the 1 and multiplied the common denominator by PI, then threw in a .999 for good measure. Well not really, but they DID double-apply the eth bonus, making it a "feature" rather than a "bug."

Actually I like 4 socket eth threshers and GPAs more because they have lower reqs and are quicker, but Larzuk will add 5 respectively 6 sockets to them and not 4, so you have to use the recipe or find one which already has 4. They are too rare to be used for Insight IMO. I make Insight in CVs and RWs with HRs (like Infinity) in the other polearms.

Threshers and gpas are nice but a lot (i would actually guess 80% or more) prefer cryptic axes, higher avg damage than any other elite polearm, as well as having low str req's (2nd lowest after thresher) and they only have 1 less reach than the highest (ca's have 4 the highest is 5).

But be prepared to pay for a 4os eth ca, or really any eth polearm with 4os.

It's not a bug, it's a correction patch that Blizzard made. In the "old days," when you cube-socketed armor/shields/helms, the game would remove the ethereal defense bonus, and it needed fixed. Blizz fixed it, carried the 1 and multiplied the common denominator by PI, then threw in a .999 for good measure. Well not really, but they DID double-apply the eth bonus, making it a "feature" rather than a "bug."

I can't conceive of how anyone would think such a bizarre thing as a double eth bonus for only three types of items that was introduced while trying to fix something else related to eth bonuses would be a purposeful feature.

I have some programming experience. This kind of stuff happens all of the time on accident.

wut is GPAs?
i have a CV insight but str req 210
using guill and duriel shell for boost up the str
wut else u think is good for boost up the mecr str or which gear for him better(just come back to play dont know anythin~.~)

so my CV should make for Insight or Infinity(which way is better)

It depends on your character...if you need mana than insight, if you are looking to break immunes than Infinity

As Merick pointed out, this would be a rather far leap for a "feature." Also remember, that when you used to up ethereal items such as an eth skullders it would remove the eth bonus. To "fix" this they applied the 50% defense bonus again after upping items, however they also managed to make this apply to the socket formula, making this a bug. Again, the goal was to fix the problem when upping ethereal unique armors, the ebugged socketing formula for armors was an unforseen byproduct. That's why the cube recipes involving weapons aren't messed up, neither the upping eth unique weapons or socketing eth weapons. My guess is they assigned the formula to a broad category or reference check as opposed to a more specefic one (i.e. eth armor in cube, check). I'm not even sure blizzard has tried to claim this as a feature, and we all know how they like to call all their screw ups "game features." (mana burn, vipers, trang fcr....):grin:

As for questions about helms with strength: andy's (25-30), giant skull (25-35), guil face (15, which I see you're using already), veil of steel (15), ondal's helm (10), nat's helm (10-20), and naj's circ (15) are all options. As for armors, duriels is already a good choice for strength. Leviathan could also be a good choice as it adds 40-50 strength. If you're really desparate though I suppose you could throw on a griz armor (20st) with 3 perfect amethysts (30) for a total of 50 strength.

Threshers and gpas are nice but a lot (i would actually guess 80% or more) prefer cryptic axes, higher avg damage than any other elite polearm, as well as having low str req's (2nd lowest after thresher) and they only have 1 less reach than the highest (ca's have 4 the highest is 5).

But be prepared to pay for a 4os eth ca, or really any eth polearm with 4os.

Probably because a lot of people think that just a bit more damage is better than any amount of IAS :azn: Hitting a monster 5 times a second instead of 4 times is far better than base damage being higher by 1/10.

Anyway, cryptic axes are better than CV because they have more balanced reqs and they even deal a tiny bit more damage than CVs. I agree that a 4 socket CA would be too valuable to use for Insight.

CVs are the cheapest 4 socket polearms because that's what Larzuk gives them.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High