Bowzon Stats

=/
never said mara is useless
but still would never use it on my bowa...

dex on cat > resist on mara
fwr on cat > 5 stat on mara
ias on cat > +skill on mara

everything on cat > everything on mara

cat's eye and nosferatu's coil might not be so great on other builds, but for a bowzon, they are almost unbeatable. (only some crazy craft or rare could beat them.. a mara is no match for cat for a bowa =/)

I already have enough dex on my zon and whats given on Cats Eye Isnt gonna make a whole lot of difference on Damage.

I get plenty of faster walk/run,so,Ireally dont need that either.

Ias im pretty good on.could use a little more but with Faith (and having lvl 15 fana.) and 2x 40 ED/15 IAS jewels,im doin pretty good.as well as having Ias from gloves i found.

Foolishpleazure said:
i mean c`mon,you think you can do hell with -resists?....I think not.
I can, and I have. Liberal use of Decoy and Valk, along with scouting using a quick Multishot. I laugh at souls.
Foolishpleazure said:
I still say maras is NOT useless.its great for resists,it adds 5 to stats,it adds +skills(helps on magic/passive) so,whats so useless about that?.
Mara's a great on a caster. It's meh on a bowazon.
+skills? Big deal. Torch and Anni is enough to get your one-point wonders up to a decent level. For Faith users, that's another 1-2 skills. Even if you desire more, a bowazon has the luxury of having many skills points left over.

+5 stats? So you gain +5 dexterity and save on 5 strength, meaning you essentially gain 10 to dexterity. Cat's Eye gives 25, over double that amount. Or does the non-BOable +5 vitality and awesome +5 energy on Mara's somehow make up for that?

+20-30 resists? If you're at the point where you're relying on resists to save your bowazon, you're doing something seriously wrong. Unless you're playing Hardcore, I see no reason to sacrifice other mods just for the sake of resists on a bowazon.

That's not even taking into account the FRW and IAS on Cat's Eye. Cat's Eye trumps Mara's for a bowazon by a very wide margin. Hell, even if I had enough IAS to reach a breakpoint without Cat's Eye, I'd still bypass Mara's.

160-60 ap armor
160-60 helm i think(im not sure ...but it has 3 jewel thing in it)
You already hit 7fps bp (95ias) with these. IAS from cat's would not help.
I personally like to have alot of frw, 150+ on shield switch, since everything can keep tele on top of you if you can't make some distance fast and shoot back. You will also desync with high frw.
Fort is a better option overall like someone said. But then you'll have to use IAS everywhere and wearing cat's is a must for 7fps.
Cta isn't very useful for a gc. You can pump vit and try with it but your dmg will suffer significantly.

Meh. There is far too much fussing over the details, in my opinion.

My bowazon is built a bit differently, mostly as it is my first attempt at playing a Bowazon, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and I don't yet have all the charms I need. But I have about 1500 health, without BO, and all resists capped in Hell (75 fire/cold, 80 lightning and 85 poison), while still hitting my 2frame strafe and doing around 5k strafe dmg, without my merc.

Sure enough, if I had gone with a full glass cannon approach I could have had higher dmg then I currently have, but as there is nothing in the game that gives me any trouble as it is, except for the ubers at least, I don't really see a need to optimize myself further. Well, aside from improving some charms and such. But I like having max resists and decent health. Not because its not possible to live without it, but just because it does help when things do go badly.

And being able to just casually stand there while strafing act bosses to death does have some advantages for those a bit more lazy, such as myself. ;)

So, aside from the fact that this post has been more or less entirely off-topic, what I have meant to say is that Mara's can be a valid choice even for a Bowazon, depending on the rest of the gear, and what you aim for with the gear/spec you have.

I can, and I have. Liberal use of Decoy and Valk, along with scouting using a quick Multishot. I laugh at souls.
Mara's a great on a caster. It's meh on a bowazon.
+skills? Big deal. Torch and Anni is enough to get your one-point wonders up to a decent level. For Faith users, that's another 1-2 skills. Even if you desire more, a bowazon has the luxury of having many skills points left over.

+5 stats? So you gain +5 dexterity and save on 5 strength, meaning you essentially gain 10 to dexterity. Cat's Eye gives 25, over double that amount. Or does the non-BOable +5 vitality and awesome +5 energy on Mara's somehow make up for that?

+20-30 resists? If you're at the point where you're relying on resists to save your bowazon, you're doing something seriously wrong. Unless you're playing Hardcore, I see no reason to sacrifice other mods just for the sake of resists on a bowazon.

That's not even taking into account the FRW and IAS on Cat's Eye. Cat's Eye trumps Mara's for a bowazon by a very wide margin. Hell, even if I had enough IAS to reach a breakpoint without Cat's Eye, I'd still bypass Mara's.

First off......I dont why you all have the attitude that "Added skills arent a big deal" to bowazons.any +skills can be useful,especially if you run into a bad pack of monsters,it may just save your ***!

Secondly,I would like to see ANYONE with low resists try running WSK with a boatload of Souls in every direction!!!!

Third.I have enough IAS and FRW that I wouldnt need it from Cats Eye(as I`ve said before 2x 40ED/15 Ias jeweled COA,plus IAS from good gloves I found(How kind of you to share them,Rakinishu....lol) Coupled with lvl 15 Fanat on my Faith Bow.Christ,does Anyone need more IAS than that?!?!?
and as for Dex from Cats Eye.....I`m already over 400 Dex,i really dont think another 25 is gonna make a whole lot of difference in damage,i would rather have the +5 stats from maras.it may not be a lot but with a 6BO CTA,it squeezes some extra life out,which can help,especially in a bad situation in Hell.

The thread owner was asking about a PVP bowa. You can build a wsk runner whatever you wish.

Secondly,I would like to see ANYONE with low resists try running WSK with a boatload of Souls in every direction!!!!

Third.I have enough IAS and FRW that I wouldnt need it from Cats Eye(as I`ve said before 2x 40ED/15 Ias jeweled COA,plus IAS from good gloves I found(How kind of you to share them,Rakinishu....lol) Coupled with lvl 15 Fanat on my Faith Bow.Christ,does Anyone need more IAS than that?

my bowa runs WSK fine =/ magic arrow down those pi with in seconds and rest are cake. decoy can tank long enough for valk and merc to move up and i can kill before long.

in order to hit last breakpoint. u need 95ias with 14+ fana if u use a gmb. with a mb, it's a different story, but than u lose all the damage. i highly doubt u could reach it unless u choice to use 160/60 over fort.

Foolishpleazure said:
First off......I dont why you all have the attitude that "Added skills arent a big deal" to bowazons.any +skills can be useful,especially if you run into a bad pack of monsters,it may just save your ***!
And I don't know why you have the attitude that "added skills may save your bowazon's arse one day". What does those +skills offer to a bowazon? A few measly points of added damage, and an extra percent Dodge/Evade/Avoid skills that should've been high enough already. Whoop dee doo.
Foolishpleazure said:
Been there, done that. With careful playing of course.
Foolishpleazure said:
it may not be a lot but with a 6BO CTA,it squeezes some extra life out,which can help,especially in a bad situation in Hell.
There's less life there than you think. Life gained from +all stats (like on Mara's) do not get boosted by Battle Orders.

A Mara's is mediocre at best for a PvM bowazon. For PvP bowazon, it's a downright piece of trash.

superdave punched his way through wsk without the need for maras, i dont think u need em either =P

You need cat's eye if you don't want to use 160/60 armor but you do want the damage of a GMB. If its MB than its a different story. But still, who doesn't want more dex (damage) and more fr/w (fun as hell).

But the real kicker is that if you don't need IAS or fr/w, than atmas is a 10x better choice than maras.

And am I the only one who doesn't even use a bow for bosses? 1pt jab with etitans + atmas works fine for me... (when I pvm I use goblin toe instead of war travs)

I'm a bit unsure on something, I feel I may as well post it here as it's relevant.

How important are resistances to a pvp bowazon? I've read all the guides, I think, and nowhere can I find out how much res i should be aiming for.

I'm guessing it wont be too high, but just how bad can I get away with in hell duelling?

Well,I dont really care.when I duel,I use Maras and do just fine.especially against sorces.its a matter of preference,and I just happen to prefer Maras over Cats Eye.

Dang.. tinncann used the superdave reference =p
We'll leave it at that.. that it is based on preference..

Already mentioned in earlier posts but cat's eye is superior on a bowazon.
Even with maras you will die instantly to 95% of element spells in a pvp.
Having i believe.. 120+frw is a desynch meaning as you run, you will appear to be one at one place but actually aren't. This saves bowazons and also kills bowazons (Damn paladins.)
I would use nosferatu and have titans/ss on switch after prebuffing with cta. If you play gm duels and are not allowed prebuff then depending on the situation you would use cta on switch over titan/ss.
Titan/ss greatly improves your survival and you will also have another method of damage (lightning)

Most importantly.. you forgot to mention the gloves!
Look for +2passive,DEFINATELY needs to have knockback,ias,whatever else mod like dext,str.
Second ring, look for duel leech ring with +stats and resist with ar or just stick with another raven.

Another fun pvp.
With nosferatu and ss.. you can run around punching other bowazons to death. With max damage charms you will do maybe.. 1-2k,3k fist damage.

Well,I dont really care.when I duel,I use Maras and do just fine.especially against sorces.its a matter of preference,and I just happen to prefer Maras over Cats Eye.

well... many things are matter of preference if you put it that way... but seriously give cats eye a try and see, there are reasons why everyone(many knowlegable players) are choosing it over maras. :thumbsup:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High