Ladder Season #4 - General Discussion

Sigh, the lag spikes are getting worse and more frequent. :(

On a brighter note, my nec has now reached 80 (yay) and has rushed 4 of may characters through hell. (bit slow but the hammerdin needs better armor and hat)

Finally managed to get my sorceress to level sixty. My first attempt at running through Hell has gotten me killed once so far, from a light immune zombie no less. :rolleyes: Clearing the Den of Evil wasn't too difficult, but heading off into the wild blue yonder seems like a bit of a mistake. :azn:

Maybe I'll just teleport around everything and aim for waypoints/bosses instead of trying to kill everything. :scratch:

Finally managed to get my sorceress to level sixty. My first attempt at running through Hell has gotten me killed once so far, from a light immune zombie no less. :rolleyes: Clearing the Den of Evil wasn't too difficult, but heading off into the wild blue yonder seems like a bit of a mistake. :azn:

Maybe I'll just teleport around everything and aim for waypoints/bosses instead of trying to kill everything. :scratch:

I haven't been able to get into my new characters, I just can't get into level/questing them. I've been playing my Summoner and Strafer and I'm getting tired of them now. I don't feel like reposting my FT thread either, I just don't want to be bothered with it yet my mules/characters are full to the point of bursting. Meh.

I decided to move all of my skillers to one mule. I distinctly remember placing them on the bottom row of the stash, and one on the right and above them.

I go to get one of them today and they are all gone.

barb masteries
barb combat with 1-33 light damage
barb combat with 15 life
jav/spear
passive/magic
defensive
shapeshifting with 3 dex

I was transferring a bunch of stuff in a game yesterday, and the last thing I did was put all the skillers on the mule, so I guess the character didn't save properly or something. I didn't get a "your connection has been interrupted" or anything.

I may have lost some other charms too, but they weren't as important.

I decided to move all of my skillers to one mule. I distinctly remember placing them on the bottom row of the stash, and one on the right and above them.

I go to get one of them today and they are all gone.

barb masteries
barb combat with 1-33 light damage
barb combat with 15 life
jav/spear
passive/magic
defensive
shapeshifting with 3 dex

I was transferring a bunch of stuff in a game yesterday, and the last thing I did was put all the skillers on the mule, so I guess the character didn't save properly or something. I didn't get a "your connection has been interrupted" or anything.

I may have lost some other charms too, but they weren't as important.

Ouch! It's been a long while since that happened to me but I still feel your pain. :undecided:

I just had the most awesome Season IV moment yet!

I went mf'ing in this paladin's trade game, then he he went z-z-zerk! He started chasing me down to the catacombs and we both tele like mad everywhere. He was probably using a mh since he found down to lvl 3 in two secs and knew where the stairs down were, and he had enigma -.-

But anyway we tele like chickens and then he starts spamming a hammer field above the stairs down to andy's lair. I was pretty quick tho and managed to slip in. He then comes in and I BBQ his merc with my fireballs and he retreats back to lvl 3. After a few secs he comes in again and is down to about half life and we spar in the lobby for awhile ntil I hit one of his hammers and die :sad2:

It was all very exciting and fun though.

Wow. Never believed I'd find two legit Mal's from hell Andariel. One dropped a couple of days ago and one dropped tonight. What're the odds ? :eek: (A Herald of Zakarum dropped with the Mal tonight aswell :p)

:sigh:

I've been doing glitched hell Andy for about six hours now straight... best finds:

Buriza -.-
Eth Stoneraven >> -.*

Shoot me (200+ mf)

Glitched ? What does that mean? And to be honest Andy has given me extreme drops this ladder; 2 mals, 2 HoZ's (one ethereal, no idea if that makes it more valuable though), 2 shakos, and lots of other pgem-um stuff.

You can make act bosses drop their quest drops forever by never completing the quest for that act boss, and only killing him in games where you cannot get the q.

Don't you have to join random bnet games then, where people could basically show up and steal that unique gilded shield when it drops? :p

How can anyone do any runs? I've never seen the "your connection has been restricted..." screen so many times in my life! It doesn't seem to matter what I do, quest, mf runs, first game or thousandth run of the night. It's random and it's annoying.

I joined a random baal run last night (on USWest) and once I got into the Throne room I couldn't do anything, the lag was so bad. I haven't been online in USEast for several days, so I'm not sure if it's the same way on that realm.

Join Europe :wink3:

I havent been playing anything but pubs and there's no lag. I timeout now and then but that's it.

I played on Europe a bit last season, the lag/ping was so bad there for me it was unbearable at times. Nearly worse than it was on USWest for me last night. When I had started the new ladder on USEast, the lag wasn't so bad, but recently (the last time I played) it had started to get bad there as well. It's the main reason why I'm "taking a break" from playing at the moment.

well, my necro is up to lvl 90 .. seems like forever before i get to 91. damn. although, i have peaked at 130 on the NECRO ladder :p

best drop this season easily was Shako and Tomb Reaver from Pindle in a random "raise army before going to baal" moment.

lamest drop this season .. Ethereal Diggler.

Glitched ? What does that mean? And to be honest Andy has given me extreme drops this ladder; 2 mals, 2 HoZ's (one ethereal, no idea if that makes it more valuable though), 2 shakos, and lots of other pgem-um stuff.

Nah, the eth HoZ isn't worth anything. Might as well give it to me :rolleyes:

What's the def on it? Pretty sure eth Hoz is worth more if the ED is high (190-200)

Found 3 arachnids (2 just tonight and 1 2 days ago). Also curiosly I have found some near-perfect items and some near-well-opposite-of-perfect. Like an perfect (save 1% ML) ethereal djinnslayer, I wonder if it's worth anything :p

I joined a random "Kill Andarial" game and was headed towards the throne Room, when one of the four people in the game asked who was going to kill her. I had just made it to the Throne Room and decided I would help them out. After she was dead, one person left leaving three in the game. Once in Act2, I was asked if I could help there as well. I said sure, why not and went to get the amulet and the staff. Then I killed Radament for them. By this time, one of the people was doing a countess run, and one went afk. The person that was still with me ended up getting a full Hell rush, with skill quests included.

He kept thanking me profusely, then was shocked when I told him I wasn't a "man," but a girl. Then he kept saying how sorry he was, even after I asked him how anyone was supposed to know that over the internet unless I tell them? It was funny, the way he kept carrying on about it. :laugh:

The significant thing about that is, it was the very first time I had attempted such a thing with the character I was using (then level 81 lightning sorceress, now level 85). Chaos Sanctuary was harder than I remember it being last season...but that's likely because I had better gear then. :grin:

I've joined a few random Baal runs, and didn't stay in any of them long. I've done a few other random "help me w/xxx quest plz" type of games, but have mostly spent the evening clearing all of act5 Hell and going after all the superuniques I can find in solo games. There seem to be a lot more of those around than I remember. :shocked:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High