The LLD Nursery

@everyone Why do people go crazy for an eth Bonesnap that is'nt ATMA-bugged? (See page 1, @Pyrohemia 's post) I'm definitely missing something here 😀

I dont know, but that doesnt stop me from guessing - /p1 hell Baal has 1:12000 chance to drop eth bonesnap at 0MF (which noone does, but for the sake of an argument), while 1:860000 to drop Zod. Statistically, you will find more than 70+ eth bonesnaps from him before you will have a chance to eth-bug one, sooo ... erm ...

@art_vandelay How about something like:
Iron Golem is permitted but must be made from items with a clvl30 or lower requirement.

Bonesnap for a charger?

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a weapon for a charger. Pyro’s has a near perfect 20% ED/14 max jewel in it. I wonder how much durability a hit removes? Charger is liable to 1-shot a lot of things. 😁

@maxicek Awesome work on the rule set! Thanks so much. When I get a minute I will add/change a couple of things.

@art_vandelay True! Sol runes would probably be pretty good for shutting down a Bowa. We should test it out.

I have been aiming to land AD on a 1.07 bow craft. It would be quite dangerous imo.

Re: 1.07 bases for robo bows - are plain 1.07 bow bases any better though? I thought it was just the ethereal bonus that is different.

I’m still a bit unsure about what to put in the rules re: ATMA bugging. I am inclined to respect @maxicek’s opinion on it, but I have no problem with it myself. So we could either ban it, not mention it, or mention that it’s allowed but discouraged.

Last edited:
I personally don't have a problem with ATMA bugging, but I can see how it would be prohibitive to players with less runewealth.

@maxicek Yeah, sounds good! Actually since he has thorns should he be allowed at all?

@entwilighter I was actually thinking of giving a good magic Double Bow to Larzuk and use that as a 'base'. I just gambled a few in 1.07 since you can't shop for them apparently. But it went so slow that I changed plans. Instead I used up 110 rerolls in 1.10a to get a 4os bow that way. Here are the results:
Code:
Double Bow of Readiness
Double Bow
Two Hand Damage: 11 - 26
Durability: 34 of 36
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 58
Required Dexterity: 73
Fingerprint: 0x4ddfa210
Item Level: 30
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+10% Increased Attack Speed 4 Sockets (0 used)

Massive Double Bow of Maiming
Double Bow
Two Hand Damage: 18 - 46
Durability: 19 of 36
Fingerprint: 0x3055dabd
64% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Maximum Damage 4 Sockets (0 used)

Massive Double Bow of Slaying
Double Bow
Two Hand Damage: 17 - 47
Durability: 20 of 36
Fingerprint: 0x1b3081ee
57% Enhanced Damage
+7 to Maximum Damage 4 Sockets (0 used)

That's as good as it got, sadly no AD trigger on any of them :cautious:

Btw how do you craft those bows in 1.07? The requirements must be super high for anything that didn't start out as a normal bow.

I also gave my first armor to Larzuk in 1.07, it hurts:
Code:
Prefix 1047 Light Plate of Stability
Defense: 104
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 13
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x33c1cb35
Fire Resist +30%
24% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (2: 0 used)
I guess I'll use it to level instead.

@art_vandelay

From what I remember reading, and doing, an LLD Bowa goes like this:

Equipment

1. Helm:
    • Preferred: Rare Circlet w/: +1Amazon/30frw/2socket/life/mana/resists/life replen
    • Otherwise: Magic Circlet w/: +skills/30frw, socketed at Lazruk for 2 sockets
    • Poor: Peasant Crown
  2. Amulet:
    • Preferred: Crafted Blood Amulet w/: +1Amazon/10%FRW/life/mana/resists/str/dex/dmg/life replen
    • Otherwise: Rare Amulet w/: Same mods as the craft, just w/o the FRW
    • Poor: Magic Amulet w/: +1Amazon/+mana
  3. Bow:
    • Preferred: Rare bow w/: 150%ED/30%IAS/-30%req/stats/ctc% amp/sockets
    • Otherwise: Robo Ashwood bow w/: 2 Shaels, 1 Nef, 2 20%ED/+max jewels
    • Poor: Upped Rogues bow w/ Nef
  4. Armor:
    • Preferred: Rare Light Armor w/: 24%FHR/Life/Mana/Stats/2sockets (only worth it if the armor is truly godly and you have gg jewels)
    • Otherwise: Artisan's Light/Mage Plate of the Squid (3 sockets/80 life)
    • Poor: Ehhhh, there's no reason to waste jewels on anything less than an Artisan's of the Squid. Maybe a plain +15 maxer on a Twitchroe.
  5. Gloves:
    • Death's
  6. Belt::
    • Death's
  7. Boots: Bit of a toss up.
    • Sanders: More FRW, less stats
    • Cow Kings: Less FRW, more stats, BUT MDR bug because of fire damage
    • Rare boots w/: 30FRW/10FHR/mana/stats/resists
  8. Weapon Swap:
    • Javelin w/: usual weapon mods, y'know the drill. NOT eth, unless you have 10 extra rare godly javelins in your stash
    • Shield: Artisan's Kite Shield of Deflecting w/: Eth runes.
      • OR Artisan's Dragon Shield of Deflecting w/: Godly rare jewels w/ -req%/stats/damage taken to mana/+max damage
  9. Rings:
    • +stats/+mana/+life/resists/max dmg/min dmg/life replen
Strategy

Against melee it's pretty simple. Hit and run, keep your distance. You can use multi if they're beyond your sight range. Use the black pools to your advantage to trip up melee, especially against Charge Paladins. Swap to your jav/shield and walk when they close distance.

Against range...it's been so long.

Use your weapon swap to regen mana and throw javelins when you're low on mana. It's very important to get as much mana as possible from your circlet/amulet/rings. When I was dueling, mana pots were BM. I think it's best to keep it this way, mana pots cheapen dueling IMO. You don't have to think about strategy or the constraints of being LLD as much if you can run around with a full belt of super mana potions.

Stats/Skills

This is more nitty gritty, and I really can't remember well enough to give good advice here. Lightning Bolt and Jab are your Javelin skills. I think slvl 8 Multishot is good. As many points into Guided Arrow as possible. Passive skills...find some balance between Critical Strike and D/A/E. I think 60% critical strike is a good percentage to have.

Unfortunately, since we aren't really able to Glitch rush in single player, we only have 34 skill points to work with instead of 41. I don't think this hampers Bowazons as much as it does spell casters that rely on synergies, but it still makes it difficult to spread skill points across Muilti/D/A/E/Critical Strike. 1 point into penetrate is worth your while for your Multishot if you have a few +skills.

As for stats, I think around 600-800 life is pretty good, with the rest into Dexterity. If you have poor charms, I think it's more important to pump Dex instead of Vit and sit around 600-650 health. ~250-300 mana is enough for your average duel, as long as you make sure to swap to your jav/shield to regen mana between shots.

Charms

Your main objective is to attain between 100-120 FRW. Depending on boots/amulet/helm, you've already gained between 30-80FRW. It's more important than +max damage charms, it's more important than life/mana charms. After you've reached your desired FRW, split up the rest with damage, life, resists, and mana, depending on what you need. As with all LLD, charms are the backbone of your build.

Last edited:
What is the max life suffix for lvl30? I have shopped some armour in 1.07, One has 77 life with a rlvl 30 - Does this change? I seem to recall 60 being the maximum for lvl 30?

@maxicek No clue whether it changes when you forward, although ATMA is certainly very unreliable about rlvl. In modern it goes like this:
ArmorShieldHelm
Max. Life at clvl 30 or below802020
Very disappointing for Shields and Helms.

@Jocular From that setup it looks like you go for 9fpa there? I feel like that only works out best if you don't have tons of max damage charms from 1.07 available and that each bit of max damage makes 8fpa more and more attractive. It's also cheaper to go 4xShael+Nef incidentally.

Thanks for that extensive write-up, I already got her to lvl 29 and I'm enjoying the theorycrafting :D

Since this Bowazon seems to be already on the more expensive side I also want to start and make a few other characters. Fire Ball seems to be a nobrainer but I'd also like a Paladin. Is FoH at all viable? I never really use that skill much (except AT) but if it doesn't work here I can still try it in HLD.

I've thought about using the three gem recipes to reroll scepters/orbs/wands for LLD, but are they even the best items in their slot? Spirit looks like fierce competition to each of those but a +4 BH Scepter would be godly as well I figure, just like a +4 FB Orb. (With astronomic odds of course!)

Reactions: maxicek
Thanks @art_vandelay - More shopping required then.

Mak a FoH / Smite Palading for HLD (Templar Vindicator) - No idea about LLD though

Boy is it exciting to see LLD alive on SP! I've been saving and searching for all sorts of various dueling categories for decades. I didn't do a firm read of the entire thread yet, but it looked to be almost all level 30. I am curious if there are people who are into the different VLLDs/LLDs between level 9 and 30, I know there are variations such as 9,12,15,18,21 and others depending on characters and what not, and even some of the MLDs that happen in the 40s and 50s. I don't know how the few play on here, but I know many leagues and veteran groups will use different level maxes for different types of characters in the same dueling level league. IE: one character type might be maxed at 18 or 29 and another might be allowed to level to 19 or 30 in the same dueling league, due to balancing them out.

I haven't had a chance to really dig into the rules of how it is done in the MP version of the SP Forum that has been around! I have been saving the various level groups for VLLD, LLD and MLD for years now! I have a whole stash of 840 items where I put gear for twinking, but as I don't really like twinking characters during playthroughs, it is virtually all items that are useful in the 1-30 range. Although it does have some things like charms, jewelry and jewels, almost all of my useful and valuable charms, jewelry and jewels throughout ALL levels, are in a completely separate folder that has thousands of items in the stash.

On top of both of those stashes, I have a stash where I put all of the new Unid Uniques/Sets I find that I am not using, my high runes and all of the items that spawn mods that are so good that they deserve to be in their own folder, items that I consider to be worthy of being separate from my thousands and thousands of other items in character stash folders and specifically named folders for certain classes, item types, unique/sets/rares/jewerly/etc. I have some good VLLD to MLD items in the stash set aside for extremely lucky finds. That and I have a stash with almost 1,000 socketables, many of them being 2-4 socket items with very useful stats and item types for VLLD-MLD characters and their skills. Outside of those socketables, I have tons of class specific socketables, some for VLLD-MLD that I placed in folders meant for Paladin, Assassin, Sorceress, Barbarian, Amazon and Druid usage instead of in the pure socketables folder.... lol... I am very unorganized with my ATMA. I didn't mention Necromancer, because I can't remember any really good VLLD-MLD Necromancer gear. But I could very well be completely inaccurate here, as I have years of saving every little thing that I thought could have any sort of niche use for something like a low level dueler, a very spell specific build, builds that are based around strange themes like pure "attacker takes damage" or a character with all "Nirvana" items. I just save tons and tons and tons of things.

I'd love to get a certain class of low level dueler around, which I've always had on my mind, and also have tons of low level items saved incase anyone is looking for some super specific items for their different duelers in the lower level ranges. I need to read through the thread still :p

Reactions: entwilighter
Since this Bowazon seems to be already on the more expensive side I also want to start and make a few other characters. Fire Ball seems to be a nobrainer but I'd also like a Paladin. Is FoH at all viable? I never really use that skill much (except AT) but if it doesn't work here I can still try it in HLD.

I've thought about using the three gem recipes to reroll scepters/orbs/wands for LLD, but are they even the best items in their slot? Spirit looks like fierce competition to each of those but a +4 BH Scepter would be godly as well I figure, just like a +4 FB Orb. (With astronomic odds of course!)
Pure FoH should be viable, FoH/Hammer is a thing. Pure Hammerdin is good too. I don't know much about Paladins, but cdm has made a few.

The three gem recipe is cool. I have been rolling Cloudy Spheres and I remember doing some Hand Scythes with it. Cloudy Sphere is the only orb which has both a low enough rlvl to be usable in LLD, and a high enough magic level to get +2 skill tree mods at ilvl 25+, so I think it's a juicy target. :LOL:

Reactions: art_vandelay
Count me in for lvl 30. Bar the Ashwood bow, I think I have the items to put together a bowazon.

Two thoughts regarding the rules:

Replenish Life - cap it at 25, as in the rules on page 1. I'm strictly against massing replenish. It promotes defensive/camping style of play. The fact that we play mostly FFA is another factor. We want quick matches, not long dragging reple wars. 25 is plenty for anyone to use their favourite gear and it's already more than enough.

Atma bug - please NO!

No idea about replenish but what about meditation, is that allowed?

@entwilighter The Cloudy Spheres are a great idea. I've started picking them in 1.09b and will forward them to 1.10a to reroll them since there I get a 5/6 chance for 2os instead of just 1/2 like in modern. (It's really easy to farm gems in 1.09b due to the higher player settings)

** still upgrading gear/looking for suggestions **

Name: Treinta ("thirty")
Class: Sorceress
Level: 30
Build: Fireball

Skills:
Code:
Telekinesis: 1/8
Teleport: 1/8

Warmth: 0/7
Firebolt: 17/27
Fireball: 13/23 (Damage 1649-1852)
Mastery: 1/11

Gear:
Code:
Helm: +2 Fire Skills || +15% resist all || +31% CR || +4 DR || +2 MDR
Amulet: +1 Sorc Skills || +10% FCR || +29 Mana || +7 HP || +6% resist all
Armor: Vipermagi, +34% resist all || +11 MDR)
Weapon: 'Spirit' Crystal Sword: +35% FCR || +111 Mana || +7 Magic Absorb
Shield: Visceratuant, +128% def || 0os
Gloves: Magefist
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: Stone of Jordan
Belt: <none>
Boots: Cow King's Hooves, +28 Def

I was interested to see whether that skillpoint distribution was 'optimal' so I calced damages under the assumption that skills are distributed like with your sorc:
  • 1 point in Mastery, Teleport and Telekinesis.
  • 30 in Fire Bolt/Fire Ball.
As a consequence both Fire Bolt and Fire Ball receive at least 10 skill points each. With your +10 to skills I get this:
fboltball.png
The values in bold are the ones we are interested in and the highest one is marked with red. So you can see at which skill point distribution you get the highest min or max damage with your gear for the respective skill.

I won't make a judgement on any distribution because I think Fire Bolt could be useful for its low mana cost and the difference between the 'optimal' Fire Ball distribution and the optimal Fire Bolt distribution is so large. Your distribution is very balanced in my opinion.

I also looked in the FB guide @maxicek linked above and it tells me to max both Fire Bolt and Fire Ball which makes me think it's a guide for LLD with glitch rushing.

Nice @art_vandelay, I had just been splashing the points around expecting to respec before any dueling. Still need to find a FCR circlet..

What about the 1.10 Cloudy Spheres? They can get 2os from socket quest, or as a prefix?

Edit: hey @entwilighter just picked up this Naga. GG if it gets 4os?
Screenshot869.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed mention of NM Den being used for an extra skill. Are most people creating their characters pre-skill reset Den reward and then forwarding them?

I noticed mention of NM Den being used for an extra skill. Are most people creating their characters pre-skill reset Den reward and then forwarding them?
Only Normal quest rewards are permitted, or you could say characters are allowed no more than 33 skill points spent on relevant skills. My Fissure Druid has done NM Den so I spent his point in Ravens. If you have done NM Den on a char you can leave the point unspent or spend it in a skill that offers no benefit.

What about the 1.10 Cloudy Spheres? They can get 2os from socket quest, or as a prefix?

In 1.10a the '3 Flawless' and '3 Regular' reroll recipes do a roll from 1 to 6 instead of 1 to 2 for sockets which means higher chances to get maximum sockets on reroll and the unique chance to get 5 or 6 os in a magic item at all.

For example you could get a magic Naga with 5os, 65% ED and 14 Max Damage that way.

I have been slack on writing up characters, but I'll try to get a few more done. I'm always moving gear around so they often take a bit of re-assembly before I can write them up. One thing I'd still like to do is write up a concise ruleset for SPF LLD. Lots of good discussion here about it, just a matter of sitting down and sorting it out.

At the moment I am focusing on building a level 30 Bowazon and have started gathering gear for an 18 Bowa too, with a few other things on the boil. One is a PDaggersin for whom I shopped this totally diabolical blade:
Code:
Kris of Poison Dagger
Kris
One Hand Damage: 2 - 11
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Level: 12
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0x13a8c2c4
Item Level: 96
Level 8 Poison Dagger (116/120 Charges)

I have heard tell of this build which utilises Venom + Poison Dagger charges, as well as the Assassin's usual Shadow Discipline tricks. I had to use a high level character to shop this Kris for the level 8 Poison Dagger charges. A fun little project. I'll finish her and write her up eventually.

In writing up this next character, I got to looking at my rare belts and thinking I have some pretty nice ones, but curious what is out there in the SPF stashes. The ideal rare belt for her (and some other LLD casters) is 24 FHR/60 Life/+5 Replenish Life/20 Mana/Res/Res. Here are a few of my best:
Code:
Death Chain
Belt
Defense: 8
Durability: 16 of 16
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xea0024d9
Item Level: 86
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+41% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Strength
+59 to Life
+12 to Mana
Lightning Resist +27%

Dread Chain
Belt
Defense: 9
Durability: 12 of 16
Required Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x14ed58d2
Item Level: 80
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+50% Enhanced Defense
+9 to Strength
+40 to Life
Cold Resist +30%

Dire Clasp
Plated Belt
Defense: 15
Durability: 18 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0xba342878
Item Level: 80
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+25% Enhanced Defense
+59 to Life
+9 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +20%
74% Extra Gold from Monsters

Brimstone Harness
Light Belt
Defense: 40
Durability: 9 of 14
Fingerprint: 0x3cc3a11
Item Level: 34
Unidentified
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+37 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+60 to Life
Fire Resist +28%

Dire Cord
Heavy Belt
Durability: 12 of 18
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x7f375df2
Item Level: 87
+26% Enhanced Defense
+60 to Life
Replenish Life +5
+13 to Mana
+25 Maximum Stamina
72% Extra Gold from Monsters

Skull Harness
Light Belt
Defense: 6
Durability: 11 of 14
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x1fa76499
Item Level: 85
+17% Faster Hit Recovery
+68% Enhanced Defense
+54 to Life
Lightning Resist +30%
Fire Resist +7%

Bone Lock
Demonhide Sash
Defense: 43
Durability: 7 of 12
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xec3fca9b
Item Level: 87
14% Chance to cast level 5 Nova when struck
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+24% Enhanced Defense
+54 to Life
Cold Resist +28%
Poison Resist +10%

Bramble Harness
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 36
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0x5239dca2
Item Level: 55
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+38 to Life
+15 to Mana
+21 Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +17%
64% Extra Gold from Monsters

Anyway, I'll try now to write up my Blizzard Sorceress, Elsa. Elsa is yet to have the opportunity to face a challenger on the Moor. I made her some time in 2019 I think. At the time, my partner's kid was watching Frozen a lot.

2387ed71b7fe04d623adbb8d6fa142a2.jpg

Name: Elsa
Class: Sorceress
Level: 30
Build: Blizzard/Energy Shield

Stats:

Strength:
35/50
Dexterity: 65/90
Vitality: 40/82
Energy: 90/110

HP: 148/521
Mana: 202/1332
Stamina: 132/132
Defense: 16/596

Fire res: 79
Cold res: 103
Lightning res: 77
Poison res: 52

Block: 75%
FRW: 104
FHR: 91
IAS: 0
FCR: 63
Replenish Life: 22

Skills:

Ice Bolt:
1/10
Ice Blast: 19/28
Frost Nova: 1/10
Glacial Spike: 1/10
Blizzard: 7/16
Cold Mastery: 1/10

Telekinesis: 1/8
Teleport: 1/8

Warmth: 1/8

Gear:

Helm:
Peasant Crown (Perfect Skull)
Amulet: +2 Cold Skills/3 Str/8 Dex/35 Life/40 Mana/6% Poison Res
Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi (Perfect Skull), 33@ Res/13 MDR
Weapon: "Elsa's Spirit" Broad Sword (Ethereal), 33% FCR/103 Mana/5 Magic Absorb
Shield: 1.14 Visceratuant ("Bone Heart" Jewel, 5 Str/7 Dex)
Gloves: Frostburn (Ethereal)
Ring 1: Stone of Jordan
Ring 2: Stone of Jordan
Belt: "Death Chain" Belt, 24% FHR/2 Str/59 Life/12 Mana/27 Light Res
Boots: Sander's Riprap

Switch Weapon: "Insight" Gnarled Staff, +3 Energy Shield

Charms:

10x Life with Mana/res SC
14x 3% FRW with res/Mana SC

2x 13-15 Life/19-21 Mana LC

1x 12% FHR/44 Mana GC
1x 7% FRW/45 Mana GC
2x 22-23 Life/40 Mana GC

Code:
Skull Mark
Amulet
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xc7977663
Item Level: 46
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Strength
+8 to Dexterity
+35 to Life
+40 to Mana
Poison Resist +6%

Elsa's Spirit
Broad Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 10 - 21
Durability: 17 of 17
Required Strength: 38
Fingerprint: 0xb2135c70
Item Level: 28
+2 to All Skills
+33% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+103 to Mana
+5 Magic Absorb Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

Death Chain
Belt
Durability: 16 of 16
Fingerprint: 0xea0024d9
Item Level: 86
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+41% Enhanced Defense
+2 to Strength
+59 to Life
+12 to Mana
Lightning Resist +27%

Screenshot174.jpg
Screenshot172.jpg

I have never built with Energy Shield before. Elsa is almost pure Energy, but I put a little Vitality in just to get her over 500 HP. I may need to adjust the ratio but will see how she goes. A better charmset on the HP/Mana side (20x 15/12) would be nice for bolstering her HP a little bit. She is built as non-tele, but I skilled tele for use in Sorc vs. Sorc duels. I don't have many personalised items but I decided to personalise her "Spirit" because it hit 33% to land her on 63% FCR exactly, and it felt like "Elsa's Spirit" is a phrase which suits her character nicely.

Some improvements I could make are finding circlet that beats Peasant Crown, a better amulet, better charms and a better belt (Rep Life > Str, more Mana), though her amulet and belt are pretty darn good. Another thing I could do if I crafted a 17-24% FHR/10% FCR caster belt is convert her to 105% FCR, but it's less important on a primarily non-tele build. I do have some of the other pieces though:
Code:
Freezing Circlet of the Magus
Circlet
Defense: 22
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xdd9f04be
Item Level: 40
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Ghoul Clasp