Should I start again?

Sszark

Nov 20, 2004
Should I start again?

I played D2 since it came out back in July of 2000. I played pretty much constantly for six years but quit a year ago.

I don't think I have the will to build up the massive empire of Stuff I had from years of collecting. But part of me wants to play again in spite of this.

Do people ever start up again?

My biggest fear is Blizzard will say in about 1 year "OK, we want to devote more time and resources to WOW/Project X, so we're shutting the D2 realms down." There is no reason for me to start over if this happens. Is this likely to happen, do you think?

I played D2 since it came out back in July of 2000. I played pretty much constantly for six years but quit a year ago.

I don't think I have the will to build up the massive empire of Stuff I had from years of collecting. But part of me wants to play again in spite of this.

Do people ever start up again?

My biggest fear is Blizzard will say in about 1 year "OK, we want to devote more time and resources to WOW/Project X, so we're shutting the D2 realms down." There is no reason for me to start over if this happens. Is this likely to happen, do you think?

I just restarted after an 8 year hiatus. You can always re-join. It's a game. And so what if they decide to shut it down?

I don't think they will however. They really pay very little attention to this game as is, so it's not on the minds of everyone at Blizz to want to shut it down.

Out of sight, out of mind, right?

maybe he was including diablo 1...or maybe he was just exaggerating.

and i highly doubt that bliz will shut down d2, though it is a scary thought.

Why would they shutdown the D2 servers when the D1 servers are still up? It a'int gonna happen.

Halycon-D2 hasn't been out for 8 years.

Ok, well, I quit in 2000 and just picked it back up. So, let's say 6 years.

I tend to exaggerate sometimes.

i think you should play only if you can find some RL friends or forumites here that have time to join you. It really isnt that spectacular without, pubbies are as bad as ever

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High