Countess runs

malebrok

Jun 11, 2007
Countess runs

Hi
I have a lvl 79 frozen orb sorc. I have 10 skill points i havent used yet. Will that be enough to be able to take the countess down? Or can my merc do the job for me? in that case what items would he be needing?

Is there any way i will be albe to do countess runs with this sorc or do i hvae ot make a new one?

I would seriously advise you to build a different sorc for this task, specially if you're new to sorc universe. The Countess and her partners are always cold immune. Even if you had a stronc merc able to kill all of them, that would take too much time, ruining the purpose of the run...

... you can invest a point in FireMastery, and the rest in Firewall, and then go to Act2 in normal difficulty and purchase a "grey" 2-socket/+2 or +3 Firewall staff from Drognan, and make the 'Leaf' runeword in it (and then use the staff / Firewall on weapon switch). You'll at least be able to kill the Countess' minions, but you'll have to use Static Field and have your merc kill the Countess.

This is far from optimal, but you will be able to "get by" with your current sorc.

If you're looking at doing >150 runs, you might want to consider a different build though (and honestly, don't expect great runes in only 150 runs). I recommend a CL/FO sorc for countess runs - there's an adequate build guide by m0nk in the stickied threads.

Edit: FYI, here's a copy of the runeword I have stashed.

Leaf
Long Staff
'TirRal'
Two-Hand Damage: 2 to 8
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 19
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0xbd96c248
Cold Resist +33%
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+3 to Fire Bolt (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Warmth (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Static Field (Sorceress Only)
+2 to Fire Wall (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Inferno (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead
+3 to Fire Skills
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (2: 2 used)

Even with fire skills, the countess herself is always both cold AND fire immune, so unless you have LIGHTNING, your merc will ALWAYS have to solo her.

I have a blizz lightning sorc and she manages just fine in just about all (except Baal) of the major MF areas (pit, countess, andy, duriel, meph).

so.....
Is there a way to do a similar thing with lightning skills?
For example, put a point in LM, pump nova or CL, and use a Crescent moon?

Countess is the end boss type lady for the forgotten tower in Black Marsh. Its one of the ingame quests but its not necessary to complete the game.

Even with fire skills, the countess herself is always both cold AND fire immune, so unless you have LIGHTNING, your merc will ALWAYS have to solo her.

That's true. but the point of the fire skills here isn't to kill the Countess herself but rather her minions. A cold sorceress can't kill any of them, so the mercenary needs to solo all of them together. With fire, you can at least wipe out the minions, and static field should take the Countess to half dead. That's a much more realistic task for a sub-optimally equipped mercenary.

FWIW, I use a meteorb for the Countess, and I've never had any trouble killing her. The minions are dead with one meteor, and the mercenary can finish the Countess in a second or two. If she has really ridiculous mods I might help a little with telekinesis. I don't know whether a 1 point fire wall and a Leaf staff would be as effective. Probably not.

Actually with a bonehew, a merc might be able to **** all the minions within seconds due to bone spear. But don't take my word for it, it's just theory.

That's true. but the point of the fire skills here isn't to kill the Countess herself but rather her minions. A cold sorceress can't kill any of them, so the mercenary needs to solo all of them together. With fire, you can at least wipe out the minions, and static field should take the Countess to half dead. That's a much more realistic task for a sub-optimally equipped mercenary.

FWIW, I use a meteorb for the Countess, and I've never had any trouble killing her. The minions are dead with one meteor, and the mercenary can finish the Countess in a second or two. If she has really ridiculous mods I might help a little with telekinesis. I don't know whether a 1 point fire wall and a Leaf staff would be as effective. Probably not.

Yeah...meteorb has no problem tackling this critter. Meteor destroys all the minions and your mercenary should be able to take her out in a few hits. If she's particularly rough, you can use telekenesis to sort of "stun lock" her while your mercenary jabs away.

You have to remember that sometimes there are more then just her minions in there with her and if your merc dies your fooked

Hmm, i dunno. Im a meteorb and can easily take countess down, even in crowded games. Mostly i make clean teleports past the other mobs directly to her minions and blow them all up in seconds.

But even if a ton of other mobs waltz in from other rooms due to my shabby teleporting, they bite the dust too quickly to pose a threat.

Hi
I have a lvl 79 frozen orb sorc. I have 10 skill points i havent used yet. Will that be enough to be able to take the countess down? Or can my merc do the job for me? in that case what items would he be needing?

Is there any way i will be albe to do countess runs with this sorc or do i hvae ot make a new one?

Sink those points in firewall and 1 point in fire mastery and it'll be enough to handle the cold immunes with your plus skills.

Your merc does not have to have high rune word stuff. I like Duriel's shell (resists, cant' be frozen), Vampire Gaze (leech and damage reduction) and an insight polearm on a normal defensive merc (defiance aura.) He'll handle the countess just fine.

Personally I have stopped running the Countess. I have tried it regularly for the last 2-ish months, but the best rune I found was a Hel. And I can trade for Terror keys quite easily.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High