Fishymancer vs. Hammerdin

SpeedySlicer

Mar 21, 2007
Fishymancer vs. Hammerdin

For new character after ladder reset which would have an easier time going all the way through hell untwinked?

fishy by far - hammerdins suck untwinked, but a naked fishy can deal with most of hell

I dont see that because skeletons dont do much damage without aura help and lke level 40 skills, yet a fully synergized hammer can do like 5k with aura but without any equipment.

So can you clear that up for me?

hammerdins suck untwinked
Very untrue. Though Summoners are king of survivability, a Hammerdin will kill faster, and is not hard to make work either. I have tested both. I went with a trapper this time because I thought everyone would make a Hammerdin for a start. But now after all I've been hering here these days, I'm convinced to make one myself. Specially because them and summoners compliment each other very well... :smiley:
I dont see that because skeletons dont do much damage without aura help and lke level 40 skills, yet a fully synergized hammer can do like 5k with aura but without any equipment.
Not really, it's more like 3.5k hammer. And Summoners can do fine with just Might aura from merc. Hammerdin still killls faster though.

skeles are fine untwinked...with amp dmg...and CE i think they do ok...its just when both are twinked...hammerdins tend to do better soloing 8 player games =)

The combo works pretty well! The Skeletons stand in the way while the hdin spams hammers and provides the skeletons with a nice ED bonus from his conc. aura.

I've beaten Hell with a Fishymancer naked, with no charms. Try that with a Hammerdin.

The point: Fishy is way easier to go through hell with untwinked.

I've beaten Hell with a Fishymancer naked, with no charms. Try that with a Hammerdin.

The point: Fishy is way easier to go through hell with untwinked.

well put...

its risky as a summoner....but near impossible as a hammerdin....

The aim for a first character is to collect items...And for this MF is needed so even if the fishy is slower it is safer for him to do mf runs with mf items on... Once u have some items then hdin is more efficient i think...

hdins CAN be played with second rate gear, but it is frustrating and more trouble then its worth

naked fishy is better then a half geared hammerdin

yeah i think that is the general concensus...

an item dependent hammerdin isn't as useful initially as a summoner that can run hell naked....

Naked hamerdin sucks. But if u manage to get him dual spirits, you're good to go. Add on top of that some mf equip and you'll clear mf areas much faster than a fishy.

what he means by this is: if i can do it naked, imagine how much more effective it would be with gear?
That does not affect summoner as much as hammerdin. For summoner, it does not make much difference (tele from nigma mostly and some skellie damage).

naked skele versus fishy with gear is a huge difference - i had lvl 54 SM and 52 RS/RSM - 32+ extra pts makes a massvie difference

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High