[Battle.net play / multiplayer]Small Guide to The "Budget Meph Quest Blizz Sorc"

just tried the build out on single player. although it kills meph pretty fast, i am having trouble with the councils that sometimes spawn with CI. how do you deal with them?

Added to the [thread=485616]Library[/thread] and the [thread=570854]Ladder Season 4 Build guide thread[/thread].

Does this still work because I'm getting a lotta magicals... And yes, I'm doing everything right. I got everything up to act 3 durace of hate II and im killing Meph in games where they already beat him. :undecided:

i've prob done meph around 100 times using this, and i'm getting a ton of exceptional/elite rares, exceptional greens and just regular uniques. I've only found a couple exceptional uniques and no elites.

i've switched back to my original character and drops have drastically improved

Did I mess up or did they fix this? So I did smash the orb thingy and went down to durance got WP but I havn't killed Meph. I'm joining games where quest has already been completed and the drops are pretty awful. I'm getting blues and rares. I'm rarely getting uniques but when I do they're crappy. Granted I only have ~100% MF but I'd expect a little better drops.

Heh, well if I didn't mess up before, I just did. I thought I just joined a Baal runs game. I misread "walkabout" for "walkbaal". Doh.

they've done a few silent fixes for exploits recently so there can be fixes without a patch.
Facts please to a thread/post/news message from blizzard moderator/official confirming this? thx.

If you mean reduced lag tolerance for anti-duping well it's not a fix it's a server side change.

no i'm talking about an exploit that allowed people to access act 5 in classic and get to uber tristram or something that they fixed w/o an announcement.

Yeah, he's right. The exploit that allowed you to use the frigid wp and other waypoints in order to access forgotton sands no longer works. Silent fix ftw.

Last edited:
ok that's good to know, BUT, did these silent fixes fix this meph quest bug thing?

No, the meph quest drop thing has not changed at all. In the past couple days I've found a ton of uniques - including elite. I've found 2 nosferatu coil's, nords truncheon, kira's, and more that I can't even remember.

Big thanks for the heads up on that by the way - I've been playing D2 since release and never new this could be done with Meph (and have noticed significantly better drops doing it this way). The only problem is finding games where someone has defeated meph and he isn't killed yet. Think I'm going to create a Poison/Summon necro to Chaos/WSK with and then bring my sorc in after to hit Andy/Meph.

-Zaral

so I just realized I have two LOD keys since I played a long time ago and just recently had to rebuy the game b/c couldn't find my d2 install disk, still have the LOD disk though

how do I use 2 keys to create games for my sorc, is it just a matter of installing again and running 2 versions of d2?
assuming this isn't seen as 'unlawful' by blizzard?

you can use two different users on windows xp and have an install for each. I found this to be very time consuming so I just installed diablo on an old laptop and have it next to my desktop computer to create games with.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High