The LLD Nursery

I was hoping to get a nice +2/20 for the fire Sorc. But, looks like I may have to keep going..

1000 circlet gambles with lvl 42 character: (33,000,000-34,000,000g) - Can't remember exactly what I started with.
Code:
Monk's Circlet of Speed
Circlet
Defense: 20
Durability: 35 of 35
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x53430f5d
Item Level: 37
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk

Glyph Visage
Circlet
Defense: 43
Required Level: 30
Fingerprint: 0xded69f5
Item Level: 38
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+4 to Minimum Damage
+40% Enhanced Defense
+59 to Life
Cold Resist +35%

Cruel Hood
Circlet
Defense: 58
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0xa4456ce3
Item Level: 43
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+90% Enhanced Defense
+13 Maximum Stamina
Damage Reduced by 7

Ghoul Visage
Circlet
Defense: 52
Fingerprint: 0x1910ded8
Item Level: 41
+2 to Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+70% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +7%

Freezing Circlet of Revivification
Circlet
Defense: 24
Fingerprint: 0x4912d353
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
Replenish Life +15

Glyph Visor
Circlet
Defense: 25
Required Level: 34
Fingerprint: 0x699da76a
Item Level: 43
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+20% Faster Run/Walk
4% Mana stolen per hit
+11 to Strength

Ghoul Cowl
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0xf38ebe26
Item Level: 44
+2 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +12
Damage Reduced by 3

Shadow Mask
Circlet
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xbb7090ba
Item Level: 45
+2 to Curses (Necromancer only)
6% Life stolen per hit
+40 to Life
All Resistances +18
9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Skull Brow
Circlet
Defense: 23
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x98b407ee
+8 to Maximum Damage
+13 to Dexterity
+39 to Life
All Resistances +14
Lightning Resist +35%

Angel's Circlet of Speed
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x4f61e231
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+30% Faster Run/Walk

Bramble Visage
Circlet
Defense: 58
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x630a82d
Item Level: 37
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+89% Enhanced Defense
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Dire Visage
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x5af6528e
Item Level: 40
+1 to Druid Skill Levels
+20% Faster Cast Rate
+5 to Maximum Damage
+57 to Life
+7 to Mana
All Resistances +13

Havoc Horn
Circlet
Defense: 41
Fingerprint: 0x86e3bcef
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+8 to Maximum Damage
+34% Enhanced Defense
+7 to Life
+37 to Mana

Charged Circlet of the Magus
Circlet
Defense: 29
Fingerprint: 0x18f9ca1e
Item Level: 39
+2 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Freezing Circlet of Luck
Circlet
Defense: 22
Fingerprint: 0x22f9e958
+2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
32% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Glyph Hood
Circlet
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x59ac4022
+8 to Dexterity
+8 to Energy
Cold Resist +35%
All Resistances +19
Damage Reduced by 2

Raven Visage
Circlet
Required Level: 23
Fingerprint: 0x28066d03
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only)
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
23% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Energy
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Light Radius

Spirit Horn
Circlet
Defense: 54
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x79b9099a
+77% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +6
All Resistances +20
Magic Damage Reduced by 2

Raven Cowl
Circlet
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x81382a5
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+7 to Maximum Damage
+5 to Strength
Cold Resist +24%
All Resistances +10

Terrene Circlet of Haste
Circlet
Defense: 25
Fingerprint: 0xe3bddcaf
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+20% Faster Run/Walk

Terrene Circlet of the Magus
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0xe427d693
Item Level: 42
+2 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+20% Faster Cast Rate

Hailstone Horn
Circlet
Defense: 27
Fingerprint: 0x91edd5f3
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+66 to Attack Rating
+4 to Energy
Fire Resist +31%
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

Death Hood
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0xde5e7a09
Item Level: 42
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
+10% Faster Cast Rate
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
Lightning Resist +33%
Attacker Takes Damage of 7
+5 to Light Radius

Spirit Mask
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x742b4a01
12% Chance to cast level 4 Nova when struck
30% Enhanced Damage
Adds 21 Poison Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
All Resistances +12

Bramble Brow
Circlet
Defense: 61
Fingerprint: 0xa198359a
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+2 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+99% Enhanced Defense
+52 to Life

Demon Brow
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x293acba6
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+15 to Attack Rating
+9 to Dexterity
All Resistances +13
+4 to Mana after each Kill
+1 to Light Radius

Imp Veil
Circlet
Required Level: 26
Fingerprint: 0x9e7440d0
+7 to Strength
+29 to Life
+35 to Mana
Cold Resist +22%
Poison Resist +32%
Damage Reduced by 4

Wraith Visage
Circlet
Fingerprint: 0x7f31d0ea
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+5 to Minimum Damage
+15 to Life
Fire Resist +38%

Plague Veil
Circlet
Defense: 59
Fingerprint: 0x79107f49
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+8 to Maximum Damage
+91% Enhanced Defense
+66 to Mana
Attacker Takes Damage of 9

I got this boot. Sadly no frw. Getting to be harder to know which boots to sell in order to keep the better ones. Going to have to start using inventory space :(

Attachments

• Screenshot13.jpg
    Screenshot13.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: entwilighter
OK, theory crafted enough...time to level my charger (Cardigan) to 30 and sift through my stashes to gear him up. Might have to do some gearing runs to complete his setup though. Getting to be busy in RL too so will likely be a few weeks until I can actually join a few duels.

Question...the rules summary leaves off with a question on if max resists capped at 75 should be a rule. So is it?

Question...the rules summary leaves off with a question on if max resists capped at 75 should be a rule. So is it?
I would leave it up to manners. I would say Hotspur and Hawkmail are BM unless both duellers consent to their use. I don't really know. I prefer to leave most things up to the discretion of the duellers.

Just found this in the stash for a laugh, the notorious RJoF 😄
Code:
Rusty Jewel of Freedom
Jewel
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x35aea089
Item Level: 20
20% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%

• Haha
Reactions: D2DC
(Personal opinion not a Moderator direction :))

So pre 1.10 and ATMA bugged items are allowed?

Pre 1.10 items I am OK with, but this doesn’t really make LLD30 as accessible / appealing to everyone.

ATMA bugging I would rather not proliferate if possible as it is officially “discouraged.” Allowing it in PvP will mean everyone will do it. HLD is the main reason it became so prolific in the first place.

That said I am happy to get any PvP going again here, I’m just really hoping for a rule set that encourages the most people to get involved and give it a try.

Does anyone have any interest in 'quickfire' llding? You're given a time limit to level/mf, anywhere from 1-5 hours, and then you duel. No re-running areas, just playing through Act 1 as quickly or as thoroughly you see fit to maximize your exp/drops.

I also would prefer to disallow ATMA-bugging for LLDing.

Thanks for the input, maxicek & Jocular.

Regarding pre-1.10 and ATMA bugged items, I get most of my thrills in this game by theorycrafting and beating out long-standing realm LLD standards by using SP time travel cheese. I get your point that it's prohibitive of new players jumping in to LLD though, given the time invested, so of course I am happy to not use time travel gear vs. other players who don't have it. It's all about having fun and evenly matched duels, at the end of the day!

I don't think we should prohibit time travel gear in the rules though, since a lot of SPFers are all about it these days. Maybe I will work on drafting up a thorough ruleset that we can put somewhere. And I hear you about ATMA bug gear, maxicek. I will try not to encourage its proliferation.

@Jocular Yes, I'm so into some quickfire LLD! Usually it's level 9. I would happily run this as a small tourney if we got enough people, say 6 or so! I'd put up some gear as a prize too.

Reactions: Jocular
Thanks for the input, maxicek & Jocular.

Regarding pre-1.10 and ATMA bugged items, I get most of my thrills in this game by theorycrafting and beating out long-standing realm LLD standards by using SP time travel cheese. I get your point that it's prohibitive of new players jumping in to LLD though, given the time invested, so of course I am happy to not use time travel gear vs. other players who don't have it. It's all about having fun and evenly matched duels, at the end of the day!

I don't think we should prohibit time travel gear in the rules though, since a lot of SPFers are all about it these days. Maybe I will work on drafting up a thorough ruleset that we can put somewhere. And I hear you about ATMA bug gear, maxicek. I will try not to encourage its proliferation.

@Jocular Yes, I'm so into some quickfire LLD! Usually it's level 9. I would happily run this as a small tourney if we got enough people, say 6 or so! I'd put up some gear as a prize too.

Great! Put my name down for a mini tourney, when the time comes :)

I'd love to participate in lvl 30 LLD in the future. I'm restarting and have no gear, so it may be a year before I have a character. I'll probably do something quick and dirty like a Fire Ball or Blizz sorc.

Anyway runes for lvl 30 are cheap. You can always make a few and just get rid of them when they wear out.

I suggest you make two or 3 formats of dueling regarding items of earlier patches and atma bugged items.

Like 1.10 final+
1.07+
1.07+ and atma bugged.

At the end it's the players choice, and if all are on the same page I don't see a problem.

I would suggest one set of rules only. People need to build their characters up front, the rules affects that planning. We are not talking about 100s of players here - When you consider time zones, it will only be about 4-6 players most of the time. You don’t want people to drop in and then spend 15mins to talk about rules and moving gear around, you want to start playing straight away.

I just destroyed about 1,1k jewels and still have 2,2k lying around many of which might only ever be useful for LLD. I'd rather use them than destroy them!

First off, I assume it's just an oversight but Necro probably isn't allowed to cast Iron Golem? That would make this LLD thing very expensive ;)

Second I'd be interested in making a Bowazon but there's no reference to Bowas in this thread. I hope that's not because she sucks :D

My thoughts on her so far: There's essentially two strategies I came up with:
  1. Use 1.07 Raven Claw and be really good at aiming. With 20 points in Fire Arrow this means an average damage of 952 which becomes 161,84 after PVP penalty and vs. 75% FRes only 41,21 damage remain. I have no clue whether this is nearly enough to be worth it. Seeing as the very first LLD character in this thread has 1k life that's a no go.
  2. Equip a fast bow and spam guided arrows with an inventory full of 1.09 FRW charms and 1.07 Max Dmg charms.
I like option two a lot more since there's no way anyone except Assassins can come up with any sort of meaningfull damage reduce without hurting themselves in the process. (Only sources at clvl at most 30 are Rockfleece (10%), SoE (15%) and Fade (slvl%) where Fade and SoE are superior to Rockfleece)

My candidate for a fast bow is an upped Rogue's Bow 'Eth' (WSM -10) which gives 50% IAS meaning that you only need 25% more IAS to reach the 8fpa breakpoint at 75% IAS. For that missing IAS I'd go Twitchthroe + Gloves or just Death's Gloves + Belt. The Death variant is crazy good if no potions of any kind are allowed anyway. Also Rogue's Bow has 10% @ and 30% DS so with about 66% CS that adds another 10% CtCrit. (btw: upping Rogue's Bow AND Shael'ing it is not an option since then the required level would become 34)

For 1.07 charms the maximum maximum damage for LLD is (6-8) on SCs, (13-16) on LCs and (27-31) on GCs which means that GCs are best in terms of damage per square. Luckily I already have this:
Code:
Forked Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Required Level: 24
Fingerprint: 0x29ec260d
Item Level: 88
Version: Expansion
+28 to Maximum Damage
The space beneath the max dmg charms would ideally be filled with resistance/FRW charms from 1.09 of which I have exactly 0.

With these charms it should be possible to get at least 200 maximum damage from the inventory. An upped Rogue's bow does 29,6 avg dmg so that becomes 129,6 avg dmg with the charms. With about 75% CtCrit that is on average 226,8 damage which gets reduced to 38,556 dmg by the PVP penalty. One can resonably enhance this by 50% by getting Guided Arrow to lvl 10 but it's still a small amount at about 57 damage :confused:

I have a 20 Max Damage jewel which I could put in a piece of armor and with a few more max damage charms I could reach 300 maximum damage added which would give an additional 22,31... average damage. Maybe just enough to 20-shot the Assassin on page 1 :ROFLMAO:

So far the equipment would then look like this:
Upped Rogue's Bow 'Eth'
Death's Guard + Hand
20 Max Dmg jewel in Armor
Inventory full of cheese

I'll think on it some more but feedback is appreciated. :)

I just destroyed about 1,1k jewels and still have 2,2k lying around many of which might only ever be useful for LLD. I'd rather use them than destroy them!

First off, I assume it's just an oversight but Necro probably isn't allowed to cast Iron Golem? That would make this LLD thing very expensive ;)

Second I'd be interested in making a Bowazon but there's no reference to Bowas in this thread. I hope that's not because she sucks :D

1. Use 1.07 Raven Claw and be really good at aiming. With 20 points in Fire Arrow this means an average damage of 952 which becomes 161,84 after PVP penalty and vs. 75% FRes only 41,21 damage remain. I have no clue whether this is nearly enough to be worth it. Seeing as the very first LLD character in this thread has 1k life that's a no go.
  2. Equip a fast bow and spam guided arrows with an inventory full of 1.09 FRW charms and 1.07 Max Dmg charms.
I like option two a lot more since there's no way anyone except Assassins can come up with any sort of meaningfull damage reduce without hurting themselves in the process. (Only sources at clvl at most 30 are Rockfleece (10%), SoE (15%) and Fade (slvl%) where Fade and SoE are superior to Rockfleece)

My candidate for a fast bow is an upped Rogue's Bow 'Eth' (WSM -10) which gives 50% IAS meaning that you only need 25% more IAS to reach the 8fpa breakpoint at 75% IAS. For that missing IAS I'd go Twitchthroe + Gloves or just Death's Gloves + Belt. The Death variant is crazy good if no potions of any kind are allowed anyway. Also Rogue's Bow has 10% @ and 30% DS so with about 66% CS that adds another 10% CtCrit. (btw: upping Rogue's Bow AND Shael'ing it is not an option since then the required level would become 34)

For 1.07 charms the maximum maximum damage for LLD is (6-8) on SCs, (13-16) on LCs and (27-31) on GCs which means that GCs are best in terms of damage per square. Luckily I already have this:
Code:
Grand Charm
+28 to Maximum Damage
The space beneath the max dmg charms would ideally be filled with resistance/FRW charms from 1.09 of which I have exactly 0.

With these charms it should be possible to get at least 200 maximum damage from the inventory. An upped Rogue's bow does 29,6 avg dmg so that becomes 129,6 avg dmg with the charms. With about 75% CtCrit that is on average 226,8 damage which gets reduced to 38,556 dmg by the PVP penalty. One can resonably enhance this by 50% by getting Guided Arrow to lvl 10 but it's still a small amount at about 57 damage :confused:

I have a 20 Max Damage jewel which I could put in a piece of armor and with a few more max damage charms I could reach 300 maximum damage added which would give an additional 22,31... average damage. Maybe just enough to 20-shot the Assassin on page 1 :ROFLMAO:

Upped Rogue's Bow 'Eth'
Death's Guard + Hand
Inventory full of cheese

@crawlingdeadman is an expert at LLD bowas. If he drops by again he may have some pointers.

I'll give my own advice later tonight if he hasn't already.

Reactions: art_vandelay
I would suggest one set of rules only. People need to build their characters up front, the rules affects that planning. We are not talking about 100s of players here - When you consider time zones, it will only be about 4-6 players most of the time. You don’t want people to drop in and then spend 15mins to talk about rules and moving gear around, you want to start playing straight away.
I agree. I think we should allow time travel items because it's fun and SPF (and I've been building them :3) and like I said, always happy to tone down the cheese for the lactose intolerant if need be.

Code:
Grand Charm
+28 to Maximum Damage

Upped Rogue's Bow 'Eth'
Death's Guard + Hand
Inventory full of cheese

Ahh, so good to see some theorycrafting happening!

Bowazon is awesome in LLD. 1.07 Ravenclaw characters could be fun - might as well make a Holy Fire Pally or something with it though imo. Method 2 (physical damage GA build) is the standard for LLD Bowa, and she's regarded as very powerful though I haven't built or played vs. one yet.

Upped Rogue's is a great option - it hits 8fpa with Death's set and DS and res is great, as you say. I would consider "Nef" for the socket too. The other options for the bow would be an amazing rare Ashwood Bow (high ED, IAS, ctc Amp etc. - beware of elemental damage due to the MDR bug), or what they call a "robo" Ashwood Bow (5os white, filled with Shaels, Nefs and jewels to taste). Another option I have been working on is a 1.07 crafted Ashwood for the 3os flexibility on top of the mods.

Personally I'd try to build around being about to wear a +max armour like this:
Code:
Serpent's Mage Plate of the Squid
Mage Plate
Defense: 253
Durability: 52 of 60
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0x12955294
Item Level: 99
+45 to Maximum Damage
+74 to Life
+20 to Mana
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jewel of Carnage
This is mine, socketed with filler jewels for now. 3x +24 max or +min-max is the dream ofc.

Really nice charm! One thing to be mindful of with 1.07 maxer GCs is you will lose a LOT of life compared to having all 3/X/15 SCs in the inventory. But, they're probably easier to find and glass cannons are of course, extremely cool. You could also look for 1.07 GCs with up to +14 max and a life suffix, could be a good middle ground option. I wrote out my own little chart a while back for 1.07 LLD +damage charms:
Code:
SC: +8 max, +4 max/suffix, +1min +4max (ilvl 38 or higher)
LC: +16 max, +7 max/suffix, +4min, +9max (ilvl 38 or higher)
GC: +31 max, +14 max/suffix, +6min, +17max (ilvl 37 or higher)
The first column is the highest possible 2 mod +max charms, the middle is for single +max mod which can have a suffix, the last is +min, +max. Hope that makes sense.

I'd also aim to max GA for ED bonus. I'd get a good amount in Crit and some points in D/A/E, probably more in Evade than the others. Another thing to consider is putting a point in Jab and Penetrate and keeping a Jav/Shield on the switch so you have block and can attack if you get caught by a melee char. With all the +damage gear it should be viable.

Most LLDs aim for 100+ FRW at the minimum. Bowas probably want 130-150 FRW so keep that in mind too. (Sander's 40%, circlet 30% and 20x 3% charms is 130%, what most of my characters carry.)

I'm sort of intrigued about doing some LLD. What is the level people are aiming for?
I think level 30 is the best format. I don't think there are many/any level 18 chars (besides CDM's Bone Necro) on the SPF.

Join the party, Vang! I find it a really fun pursuit. :)

Is there are FRW cap? There used to be in the original SPF GM rules for high level duelling (1.11 days)
(See RS3 here)

Shall we allow NM den quest for the extra skill and a respec?

Last edited:
Here is a first attempt at a ruleset, based on the standard SPF HLD rules (RS2)

1. General LLD30 rules
1.1 Maximum character level is 30.
1.2 No Nightmare or Hell quests are permitted to be completed.
1.3 Duels take place on The Blood Moor in Normal difficulty

2. Items
2.1. Replenish life is capped at 50.
2.2. Slow is capped at 10%.
2.3. Mana potions are allowed for all classes (except for the ES sorceress).
2.3. a) It is allowed to drop potions in front of blood moor entrance. Same applies to arrows.
2.4. Poison damage from charms is not capped at all.
2.5 Time travelled items are permitted.
2.6 ATMA bugged items are not permitted

3. Skills
3.1. Banned skills are: Slow Missiles, Holy Freeze, Meditation, Prayer, Cleansing, Iron Maiden, Decrepify, Bone Prison, Life Tap and Clay Golem. Those skills are banned in any form or shape, regardless of their source.
3.1. a) Items containing banned skills charges aren't banned but using those charges is.
3.2. All charges from items are allowed, with exception of banned skills. (Oak from Hoto is allowed, Wolves from Crescent moon are allowed)
3.3. a) Lower resists from wand charges is only allowed in team duels.
3.4. No recasting Cyclone Armor or Bone Armour
3.5. No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.

4. Resistances
4.1. Maximum resists are capped at 85%
4.2. Resistance stack is permitted
(A quick search with GoMule doest show any absorb items with clvl<30 - Please let me know if I am wrong)

5. Prebuff (Is pre-buff permitted at all?)
5.1. ES can be prebuffed with maximum two items

This is purely for comment at the moment. I have tried to remove any references to items that are not applicable, I'm not sure what absorb is available ar clvl30 though.

Last edited:
@everyone Why do people go crazy for an eth Bonesnap that is'nt ATMA-bugged? (See page 1, @Pyrohemia 's post) I'm definitely missing something here 😀

@entwilighter I was afraid that Bowa was a stupid idea since after finishing the post I read that PvP penalty is applied before any other reduction and so MDR/PDR are 6 times as effective vs. players (roughly), anyone equipping a single Sol item immediately kills 42 of my damage :confused:

The solution would then be to get an AD bow and keep up the high IAS to get it to trigger often but getting the bow seems hard to me. I did some math and rerolling a composite bow with the 3 PGem recipe recipe and then Larzuk'ing it gives me about a 1,5% chance for 3os/AD magic with maybe a prefix (0,5% chance total for that). Maybe it's a better idea to reroll bows with the 1.10a recipes and to hope for 3os that way.

Generally I suppose those 'robo' items should all be in 1.07 bases? Of which I currently have 0. I will have to step up my game in that era!

What do you mean by the 'MDR bug', the fact that it catches physical damage as well sometimes?

@maxicek I was about to point out how hard it would be to even get 50 Life Replenish and then I saw that both rare Amulets and Circlets get up to 10 of it, objection retracted 🤪

Maybe you would want to add some limits on Iron Golem, would be too easy to exploit otherwise I think.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High