Tweaker Vitadin Idea

Fifty Squirrels

Dec 10, 2006
Tweaker Vitadin Idea

I'm remaking my hdin and this is my idea.

Stats
Base Str
Base Dex
All Vit
Base Energy

Typical Skill points for Hdin.

For my Gear I'd use a 3 p ame mask so I would have 55 str wearing it. Does the strength glitch work if I have a +20 str belt with a 58 str req on it. I don't want to put any points anywhere except vitality.

Yes and no on the belt. It seems to have something to do with how you left your last game. On my base-STR Hammerdin, sometimes I will enter a game and my self-supporting armor will be red. Sometimes it will be on as normal. I keep a 17 STR ammy in the stash in case the armor is red.

From observation, it seems if you leave a game with enough STR equipped to support the item, pre-mods of the item itself, you can then take off your extra supporting gear in a future game and the item will continue to support itself. However, if you die, grab your corpse, use your extra STR item (amulet in my case) to re-equip your normal gear, switch out (the amulet) so that an item is self-supporting (armor in my case) in the same game, then leave, your self-supporting item will be red again.

Basically, you need to leave a game wearing something to prevent self-supporting once, then only again if you change equipment or re-equip from death. Other than that, you can join and leave games and your belt will continue to self-support.

Again, I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics of it, but this is what my observations have shown. If someone has tested the mechanics thoroughly, chime in.

from my observations, I agree with the premise that creon posted.

that being said, I have never tried to build a "pure" vita char, or attempt to get the "godliest/uber" builds/characters. At that point, for me at least, it becomes a bit like work I guess.

I know, I know, blasphemy - din's "must have 4k life..."

This sounds like a body popping situation if you are not careful?

Being a Hammerdin, it seems like you would rather have a Tarn than +str helm. Why not just put a small amount in? What is your other gear going to be?

Your corpse will not pop. you will simply get a second corpse if you die again before you are able to grab all of your items.
a few of your items which remained in your first corpse will stay on your first corpse and the items you where able to pick up will remain on your second corpse.
This does have the minor disadvantage if you exit the game, either trough lag/timeout, or save/exit, that only 1 of those 2 corpses will come with you to the next game. Namely, the one with the highest gold value. Good chance that your 3 socketed mask(20k/gem excluding the mask) is worth more then your 4k gold worth SoJs. So, unless you know exactly what you are doing with str bugs, expect to lose your most prized items.

I once, nearly lost my armor, after forgetting that my 92 din was at the time, heavily twinked. the armor, is a -req high ED embossed, with 5x life, and dual rez. It also has 14 str on it

again, I had forgotten how heavily twinked I was, and went back to collect my body, w/out equipping the crush flange, or the high str ammy to put it back on...

thankfully I was able to recover it...

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High