+3 Javs +40 ias

Noodles21

Nov 24, 2003
+3 Javs +40 ias

Hello, I've been seeing lately people using or wanting +3 or more Jav skills and 40 ias javalins, magical ones.

I'm wondering why someone would prefer this to Titans. Would it be, because the damage of the javs is not important, just the +skills for more lightning fury and such?

Thanks for your time.

That is part of the reason. The other part is that titans has no ias, which means gear sacrifices elsewhere. A 6jav/40ias or 2zon/3jav/40ias javelin would be the best choice, and also very expensive. I personally prefer the latter.

That is part of the reason. The other part is that titans has no ias, which means gear sacrifices elsewhere. A 6jav/40ias or 2zon/3jav/40ias javelin would be the best choice, and also very expensive. I personally prefer the latter.
I don't completely agree here. You also need a decent physical damage for the leech to be effective, especially Mana leech (Lightning Fury has a high mana consumption). So Titan is still a better choice IMHO, at least for PvM where you shoot very, very often. Thus, this javelin seems more dedicated to PvP.

Well, the values in d2 are almost completely ruled by the pvp aspect of the game. My remark was with respect to the OP's question of why these javelins are sought after, and there was no mention of whether it was for pvp or pvm. Even for pvm, you dont need leech if you are in a game with an insight merc.

i brought this up some time ago, and got totally ruined by ppl that would take the +3/40 ias b/c ur mainly doing light damg and no need for physical damg...

i wish i can find the post.. but i would have used titans insted.. myself...

but IMO its ppl that NEED to hit the ias break point, some ppl its just how they are some ppl, need it due to lack of skill, but titans are just as good as the next jav.. just like why ppl dont really both with t-strokes... so ya

There is a difference between titans/tstrokes and the javs you are talking about. IAS is important in pvp. Even in pvm. It isnt only true for some people. Sure, in pvm you can get away with less ias because of the damage LF does, but there is nowhere to hide in pvp. People dont use these in pvp because they may not ahve thought about it or may not have access to one.

Thanks

Thank you for the great responses. I guess my +3/40 ias magical find isn't really that great, haha, since people would want higher than +3 I suppose. Just heard it on the grape vine.

Many PvM guys want these Jav's specifically for the lower physical damage. Think about running Chaos games with a Javazon. Many of these fellers use Charged Strike and the lower physical damage makes them virtually immune to the effects of Iron Maiden.

Greg

i brought this up some time ago, and got totally ruined by ppl that would take the +3/40 ias b/c ur mainly doing light damg and no need for physical damg...

i wish i can find the post.. but i would have used titans insted.. myself...

but IMO its ppl that NEED to hit the ias break point, some ppl its just how they are some ppl, need it due to lack of skill, but titans are just as good as the next jav.. just like why ppl dont really both with t-strokes... so ya

Hahah, Haha, Haha, please tell me your kidding?

Thats like saying.. omg, you suck, you need the 125% fcr bp to win !!one11!

Yes they can, and this 6jav/40ias or 2zon/3jav/40ias magic javs are among the most exp items in the game. Even rares with 4skills and ias would beat titans into the ground. They would mainly be for pvp though, afaik.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High