Strongest PVM Druid Build?

minge

Mar 26, 2007
Strongest PVM Druid Build?

Hi guys, i've never attempted a druid before, i've got a few high lvl sorcs, pallys etc but i want something a little different, i've trying searching through these forums but couldnt really get any definitive answer.

For a noob to Druids, what would be the strongest (easiest build) able to solo hell. If you could point me in the right direction guidewise i would be most appreciative.

im hoping there is something with a werewolf, because the bear looks slow and dumb :p

sorry if its all right before my eyes but i had a look and pretty much all i was seeing was PVP guides.

thanks in advance!

My two cents: fury druid (yes a wolf:thumbsup: )

Wind druids are great however and very cheap to build, while fury druids are more gear reliant.

20 Fury
20 WW (some say less, I say max it, A/R never hurts and it's what you are)
20 Lycan
20 Oak Sage or HoW (Oak Sage is better imo)
1 in bear for tank (+ prereqs)
Customize the rest, you can't screw it up. Pick up a carrion vine or poison creeper if you wish or you could pump feral rage or your summons a bit.

This is my favorite druid, possibly one of my favorite character builds, period. I made one last ladder and I'm thinking of making another.

Eth GPA botd
Jalals
Fort
Gores
Dracs/Rends
Highlords
Ravenfrost
BK

My build would be something like that I think. When I first built this character last ladder he had alot of strength because he originally used an IK maul (I was poor) and then I went to ebotd ogre maul for some very nasty damage (and druids get a nice attack speed with them unlike other characters). However, GPA is better in terms of reach and speed. With all of my charms, a might merc with pride, and complete setup I was doing about 26k damage I believe, per hit.

Didn't you call that build the Coyote Puma?

Also, most powerful PvM is Titan Fury Wolf hands down. However, the "stable" PvM build is a FC Shockbear. So it's a matter of if you want damage or crowd control.

Didn't you call that build the Coyote Puma?

Also, most powerful PvM is Titan Fury Wolf hands down. However, the "stable" PvM build is a FC Shockbear. So it's a matter of if you want damage or crowd control.

I don't think it's a Titan Fury Wolf hands down. Really absurd, high-end Fireclaw Bears can deal almost as much damage per second (15k average damage @ 4fpa), plus they have Shockwave to make up for the fact that Fire Immunes are more common than Physical Immunes. At the very, very high end they can keep pace with even Titan Fury Wolves. Actually, Fireclaws' damage keeps pace very well with Fury at all levels of wealth (and is actually greater if you're on a budget).

My take is that the Druid really has three powerbuilds- Fury Wolf, Fireclaws Bear, and Windy. All three are pretty much equal in terms of top-end power (well, Windy lags behind a bit, but Cyclone Armor is sweet), but Fireclaws and Windy are the easiest to do on a budget.

how does a FC shockbear take care of shockwave? doesn't shockwave just stun (and do very little damage)?

im not really trying to do it on a budget, i've got a good mf character and most of the items i think i will be needing...

looking like i might try the fury/hunger build. as far as stat points... str as much as needed for stormshield and Dex for phase blade? rest in Vitality?

how does a FC shockbear take care of shockwave? doesn't shockwave just stun (and do very little damage)?

Stunned FI monster = Mercfodder. Hire a Might Merc, get him the biggest weapon you can, and he'll make short work of any FIs. Of course, he won't have great defenses, so he'd bite it a lot... if you weren't busy stunning everything onscreen to keep him safe.

Im sort of disappointed, I haven't seen anyone recommend a Fury Ribcracker druid. I recently built myself one, and I can personally vouch for thier strength in Hell. Mine pretty much rushed himself. Here's the link for you:

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517606

Actually, 4 people recommended builds, and all 4 of them mentioned Fury.

Sure, nobody has said "ribcracker" yet, but when someone asks me what kind of Paladin they should build, I tell them skills, not gear. I mean, people would think I was a jerk if they said "What kind of Paladin is good?" and I said "Gris' Caddy".

A couple of people mentioned a Titan Fury druid, and I didn't see that build in the stickies. Can anyone please briefly describe this build? Thank you.

Take a Fury and change the stats to:

Str: Every last point you can get your paws on
Dex: None
Vit: None
Energy: *laughs*

Stunned FI monster = Mercfodder. Hire a Might Merc, get him the biggest weapon you can, and he'll make short work of any FIs. Of course, he won't have great defenses, so he'd bite it a lot... if you weren't busy stunning everything onscreen to keep him safe.

Actually, 4 people recommended builds, and all 4 of them mentioned Fury.

Sure, nobody has said "ribcracker" yet, but when someone asks me what kind of Paladin they should build, I tell them skills, not gear. I mean, people would think I was a jerk if they said "What kind of Paladin is good?" and I said "Gris' Caddy".

Your giving me bad ideals to do in the paladin forum.

Might merc with pride.:grin: Nasty damage

Switch might for holy freeze for more crowd control if you wish.

could someone also tell me... stat point allocation for fury druid... i know that im getting lots of life from lycan etc but should i purely beef up vitality after i have got my stats set for any gear i might need... and should i go for 75chance to block?

No because Leech naturally counters the low life. Dracs plus EBotD Thunder Maul keep you alive forever unless you get IMed. And aside from Coyote and FC Druids IM's gonna kill a melee Druid anyways.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High