A Couple of Bonmancer Questions!

omegaFFX

Jan 18, 2006
A Couple of Bonmancer Questions!

I always wanted to make a "perfect" bonemancer, but i always ran short of the supplies to feed the equipment! But I have most of the stuff this time! I was wondering what would the most damage I can possibly do (with all the best equipment)? Also would this build be suitable for hell PvM and PvP?

Shako

"White"- I'll probably get this in a +3 Bone Spear wand (also is it possible to have Bone Spear and Spirit mods on one wand?)

Enigma- Which armor looks the coolest (where is that site that has all the cool pictures of how armors look on different characters!)!

Arach's
Trang's gloves
Two SoJs
War Travellers- or is Waterwalks better?
Mara's

The only puzzling thing is what shield to use. I like to use spirit, but Darkforce seems to be another option. What would the best shield be? I have no clue:sad2:

The only problem I face is Resistance. But I can fix that with Scs!

Thanks!

Resistances aren't your only problem, you fcr is too low.

Read the stickies at the top of the page.

Spear and Spirit can both be on the same wand. In PvP, the Bone Necro is one of the most powerful builds that can played.

as for shield - it depends of the understanding of a "perfect" word. You should know that as it is only a game - the perfect meaning is similar to life - which in shorter way is impossible in the aspect we are talking about here.
If you go for totally maximum damage not giving a damn in anything else, then you should only worry about +all skills/+P&B equipment and shield is no exception(if you count damage over time - it would be good to get 125% FCR).
The best bet would be a head with +3 Bspirit/+3Bspear/+3Bwall or Bprison and 2 sox for Splendor RW, aside of +3P&B Darforce Spawn or +3 skill Boneflame.

If you think about good defense and thus - going for max block not loosing too many stat points or resists - homunculus is the best bet IMO.

as for wand - the godlike would be +3bspirit/+3bspear/+3bwall or bprison, 2 sox for White RW.

If I do use Spirit I would have 95% FCR (20% from trang's Gloves, Arachnid's, White, and 35 from a Spirit). I would need to get 30% FCR. I can always get 5 res scs to fill the void for resistance. I can always get an ammy with Necro skills, FCR, and Res, same with a Circlet. It's only a matter of lucky MF's/saving up and crafting myself!

With my current setup I have:
95% FCR
72 all res :cry: (30 from Anya, 15 from Um'd Shako, 27 from my Mara's)
Total Res would be
Fire- 72*0.05=75.6=76
Cold- 72+35+30=137
Lite: 72+35+107
Poison: 72+35=107

I haven't included my torch or anni yet so saying average stat each I would get +30; therefore F106, C167, L137, P137.

I can always switch to a CoH which will give me perfect Res. The only thing left to do is hunt Circlets and ammy's with FCR and other amazing mods!

With this current setup, I would get (only calculating PnB):
3+2+2+1+1+1+2+2=14 to all skills (18 with anni and torch) and a possible 21 (total) towards Bone Spear/Spirit!

http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/skills/calc/index.php?char=nec&lang=en
Bone Spear should hit at ~6.2k (with this setup + 9 PnB Gcs:rolleyes: )

I'll say it again. Read the stickies. They have been written by experienced players to answer some of the questions you have.

If this is a pvp necro, then you should not under any circumstances switch from enigma to CoH. Without tele you will be dead in seconds.

Its not all about damage. My bone necro has a paltry 4k dmg in his pub set up, but he is still able kill.

I always wanted to make a "perfect" bonemancer, but i always ran short of the supplies to feed the equipment! But I have most of the stuff this time! I was wondering what would the most damage I can possibly do (with all the best equipment)? Also would this build be suitable for hell PvM and PvP?

Shako

"White"- I'll probably get this in a +3 Bone Spear wand (also is it possible to have Bone Spear and Spirit mods on one wand?)

Enigma- Which armor looks the coolest (where is that site that has all the cool pictures of how armors look on different characters!)!

Arach's
Trang's gloves
Two SoJs
War Travellers- or is Waterwalks better?
Mara's

The only puzzling thing is what shield to use. I like to use spirit, but Darkforce seems to be another option. What would the best shield be? I have no clue:sad2:

The only problem I face is Resistance. But I can fix that with Scs!

Thanks!

Read my Guide.
Its got all the info your looking for and more.

BTW, Hoto > White in all situations except in DvN and NvN.

Hehe I remember that site thank you I forgot about it. I accedently found it searching for a similar one on google.

I have read the PvP Bonemancer guide by Soulesschild, and I think having both Hoto and White would be of great use. While using Hoto, replacing a Soj with a 10FCR ring with res would be a great choice, i'll get 125% FCR!

Also the only thing bothering me is what shield to use. The clear winner seems like Spirit with 35 FCR, but the guide puts a strong emphasis on Homo. Looking at the dex requirements to achieve max block, I would say that putting it in Vit and relying on bone armor would be a smarter choice (that's how I see it anyways), or am I wrong?. With Hoto I think I should be able to achieve almost everything I need, except perfect Resists...:sad2:

Thanks again

I have read the PvP Bonemancer guide by Soulesschild, and I think having both Hoto and White would be of great use. While using Hoto, replacing a Soj with a 10FCR ring with res would be a great choice, i'll get 125% FCR!

Also the only thing bothering me is what shield to use. The clear winner seems like Spirit with 35 FCR, but the guide puts a strong emphasis on Homo. Looking at the dex requirements to achieve max block, I would say that putting it in Vit and relying on bone armor would be a smarter choice (that's how I see it anyways), or am I wrong?. With Hoto I think I should be able to achieve almost everything I need, except perfect Resists...:sad2:

Thanks again

Soullesschilds cuide is a very good one, but its rather outdated.
Homunc (why does everyone call it "Homo") is used for the resists vs. elemental char while still having Max Block, it can come in handy

Dont make a Vita Necro.

Make a 50DR 75Block Nec that uses Stormsheild, my guides talks about that.

I read your guide and I see where your going with max block with "Homo":laugh:, Homunculos (or Homunculous?:shocked: )? But anyways how much base life did yours have with your setup (with out BO or Oak Sage), The problem with this is now I would 100% require a 20% FCR ammy and circlet!! If I use Spirit, I think I would need over 300 dex points for max block, so by using only Homuculos, would I have more survivability against melee characters. What would the the percentage incresement would Homunc give in terms of survivability overall?

I read your guide and I see where your going with max block with "Homo":laugh:, Homunculos (or Homunculous?:shocked: )? But anyways how much base life did yours have with your setup (with out BO or Oak Sage), The problem with this is now I would 100% require a 20% FCR ammy and circlet!! If I use Spirit, I think I would need over 300 dex points for max block, so by using only Homuculos, would I have more survivability against melee characters. What would the the percentage incresement would Homunc give in terms of survivability overall?

Wellll...My Nec has 1k base life because he doesnt have any lifers cuz im too poor (ill admit it)
Why would you need a 20FCR Ammy? 10FCR is sufficient, 20FCR Circ is a must though.

SS > Homunc on a Max Block Nec.

Hahaha....I'm poor to :embarassed:. But how important is max block? I'm a PvP n00b...:laugh:, and most of my builds have been mostly paladins and sorcs, and some failed skellymancers...

Wouldn't teleing around and spamming Bone Spirits be enough to kill most people!

I want to make it clear so my n00by non-necro experienced mind can understand the difference between a necro using:

Homunc/Stormshield with max block (~200 points in dexterity)

Vs.

Spirit with no block at all (0 in dexterity!)

Which of these build would carry the overall advantage?

Homunc/Stormshield
Will have 75 blocking more easily...
Will need ~200 points to achieve max block (lower life!)
No FCR (need to rely on possibly very expensive ammy's/circlet)
Really good res on Homunc and 35% Dr on Stormshield
All the other features only seems to be things that add up together to enhance to overall appeal

Spirit
Very hard to obtain max block...So no dex points required- 200 more points into Vit!
55% FHR!
Some desent Res
Life and Mana
FCR (35) so no need for expensive Ammy's/circlets with 20/10 FCR

Both shield especially Homuns and Spirit are look like really great shields But in general which shield will help more in castor battles and which more in melee? This is possibly the hardest part of making my Necro....:laugh:

***P.S. Why not make a Vit Necro (using Spirit)?

Hahaha....I'm poor to :embarassed:. But how important is max block? I'm a PvP n00b...:laugh:, and most of my builds have been mostly paladins and sorcs, and some failed skellymancers...

Wouldn't teleing around and spamming Bone Spirits be enough to kill most people!

I want to make it clear so my n00by non-necro experienced mind can understand the difference between a necro using:

Homunc/Stormshield with max block (~200 points in dexterity)

Vs.

Spirit with no block at all (0 in dexterity!)

Which of these build would carry the overall advantage?

Homunc/Stormshield
Will have 75 blocking more easily...
Will need ~200 points to achieve max block (lower life!)
No FCR (need to rely on possibly very expensive ammy's/circlet)
Really good res on Homunc and 35% Dr on Stormshield
All the other features only seems to be things that add up together to enhance to overall appeal

Spirit
Very hard to obtain max block...So no dex points required- 200 more points into Vit!
55% FHR!
Some desent Res
Life and Mana
FCR (35) so no need for expensive Ammy's/circlets with 20/10 FCR

Both shield especially Homuns and Spirit are look like really great shields But in general which shield will help more in castor battles and which more in melee? This is possibly the hardest part of making my Necro....:laugh:

***P.S. Why not make a Vit Necro (using Spirit)?

Well for casters obvious choice would be a Vita Nec (Spirit).
For Melee, you need a Max Block Nec for barbs, zons (SS not Homunc).

Vita Nec just wont be able to withstand those sort of builds.

Max Block Nec has a little bit more difficulty with casters but theyre not impossible to beat.

You can try making a 50DR Vita Nec.

But IMO, Max Block is better.

Would the Blocking be altered if I up Homuc? I think I'll make a max block one but with slight modicications...hahah thanks

Since nobody else mentioned this before I will. The 30 res from Anya is bugged. You will receive the resistance for one life. Meaning if you die you will lose the 30 res. Even though your character screen will still show the added 30 res.

First when I heard this it became problematic for me (about this "one life time resist bonuses from anya"):
so once you drop dead = you must make quest again or will once and for all lose those 30% resists?
I remember yet in the beginning of 1.10 that after my necro dropped dead, he was hit much harder by gloams, but didn't they fix it with 1.11?
And are there any way to figure it out except of pure observations and noticing we have our butts kicked harder by elemental attacks?

you lose the 30 resist once you die. So basically don't do the quest if you like your resist to be shown as they are. If you're HC it doesn't matter.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High