Sorc Help

Almog

Mar 2, 2007
Sorc Help

Hi guys i am new to the forums, and i wanted to know what sorc is best suited towards the tal rasha set. i prefer single element sorcs and want to be able to mf well and still be able to rush people. any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Tal set is for dual-tree sorcs. Single-tree sorcs normally end up better with all unique/runeword gears.
The fastest single-tree sorc should be pure-lightning sorc with Infinity merc, but it's the most expensive setup as well; the cheapest will be pure-cold sorc, although you'll have some trouble killing cold immunes without a good merc.

Yeah i was leaning towards a cold sorc and i wanted to try blizzard since i normally just go for frozen orb. is this a good idea?

thanks jakeus, i was reading that thread and someone suggests using infinity for the merc. i have one main question: wont i have trouble mfing/rushing if i dont have insight?

Teleport requires so little mana that with 1-point warmth you'll never struggle. Blizzard, orb, and meteor are all timered and should also cause you no mana troubles. Chain lightning and lightning on the other hand could cause trouble with mana recovery. In Tal's you would need a pair of FCR rings, magefist/trang's, and at least a 27% spirit monarch to achieve the fastest light/chain breakpoint. If it were up to me I would(and plan to) go with a chain lightning/frozen orb build. I would supplement the build with the highest stat anni and torch available to me(to keep from too many hard points in strength for the monarch), and some vita/mana small charms.

Greg

thanks jakeus, i was reading that thread and someone suggests using infinity for the merc. i have one main question: wont i have trouble mfing/rushing if i dont have insight?

Just to add another opinion to the mix of excellen advice so far.

Tals Set adds quite a bit of Mana such that with 1 pt in Warmth (as previously stated) you'll be fine for most builds.

The added damage from Infinity can't be overstated though. Not only does it increase the damage of your spells, it will break the immunites of many monsters and will make your Merc a more effective killer.

How does it make your Merc a better killer? Conviction removes 85% of the monsters defense rating so your Merc will pretty much never miss when he attacks any monster and Infinity includes Crushing Blow which does wonders when fighting bosses like Baal in multiplayer games.

Thanks for all the great advice, im going to make a meteorb sorc and make sure i get infinity.

However, i want to know what is normal damage for a meteorb sorc with tals if will only have a torch (no anni or gcs or sojs). Also, how much life am i expected to have at like lvl 80ish?

Well i would say that +1 to skill wont hurt to much.

I would say that your fireball will be around 12k, meteor around 25k, and frozen orb aroudn 600.

Well around 900 life or so is pretty good.

This is as long as you arent going to have max block...

Not sure about life but it'll be good due to the 150 bonus to life the set grants (wonderful set). You ending life really depends on what shield your gonna use, are you gonna go max block requiring lots of dexterity for example? Really depends.

As for damage, assuming you max Orb first (which I recommend) and put your skill points in the following skills like this:

Orb - 20
Cold Mastery - 1
Frozen Armor - 1
Cold Pre-Reqs - 5

Static - 1
Teleport - 1
Telekinesis - 1

Fireball - 20
Meteor - 20
Fire Mastery - 7
Fire Bolt - 9
Warmth - 1
Fire Pre-Reqs - 3

And further assuming you got a perfect 2/2/2 Tals Orb and a Sorc Torch giving you +9 skills along with Magefist giving you +1 to fire skills. Your damage at level 80 with 90 skill points used will be:

Orb - 470.93 avg per shard

Meteor - 10,775 per strike
Fireball - 4,961 per ball

This doesn't include the effect of the -fire resist mod though which effectively increases the fire damage dealth by. That's a bit tougher to explain but there is an excellent thread discussing the Tals Set that I'd suggest you read.

Why did I max Fireball? Because you'll find yourself using it more than Meteor actually. Meteor does great damage but its timered whereas you can spam fireballs all over the place and do so strategically.

How many +skills do you guys(who are saying no mana problems teleporting) have? No way can I go anywhere without my insight merc. Even my friend's soso(who maxed warmth....) needs to stop for mana recovery just from teleporting.

thanks for the info and playwithhonor just to let you know i will be going the max vita route and i have another question which is how effective are tal sorcs at mfing. can you guys please list some of the good things you guys have found, because on my last account i was more succesful mfing with my hammerdin than i was with my sorc....

thanks again

thanks for the info and playwithhonor just to let you know i will be going the max vita route and i have another question which is how effective are tal sorcs at mfing. can you guys please list some of the good things you guys have found, because on my last account i was more succesful mfing with my hammerdin than i was with my sorc....

thanks again

How many rare items I have found with my full Tal set meteorb sorc doesn't really do anything to your MF. If you can't stand doing hundreds and thousands of runs, you shouldn't expect finding many good things no matter what build you use; you should try trading instead.

How many +skills do you guys(who are saying no mana problems teleporting) have? No way can I go anywhere without my insight merc. Even my friend's soso(who maxed warmth....) needs to stop for mana recovery just from teleporting.
I have like +13 fire, and I have small problems spamming fireball. I can hold on the button for at least 20 seconds or so before I go out, though.

My personal opinion is that Tal Rasha is better suited for a fire sorc. It also works well for dual-tree mf built sorcs. It's good for the extra life and resistances, not to mention it's purple and glows. ;) Anyway, that probably didn't help you at all, I just though I would share my thoughts. :smiley:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High