conc do ubers??

deademon

Apr 12, 2006
conc do ubers??

can a conc barb do ubers??

easy?

items?? do u need L337 gear? and if so what

IMO a concentrator barb with high crushing blow and being able to get down to 9-10 fpa attack with life tap should be able to do ubers with howl as crowd control but i shall test this to be 100% sure :p I suspect the top weapons would be stuff like grief pb, stormlash, heaven's light, kingslayer in zerker, balrog, highland, champ sword, etc ('ber' Crainte Vomir Legend Sword lol?)and a shield like sanctuary r/w in hyperion/troll nest would make stacking resists on top of barb's natural resistance rather easy hehe

I'd actually say Ptopaz SS would be better then Sanctuary. 60% cold res, 65% light res, Meph doesn't use fire, and poison isn't affected by Conviction. The 35% DR will be really helpful. An interesting Conc weapon could be a Death Phaser although I've never tried.

You dont need lifetap to do it, the main issue once you have the resists covered is to keep them from healing. Open wounds works, say from a duress and gore riders. If you can keep open wounds going, crushing blow and your normal damage should work (I did it with a low oath in an ethereal balrog blade).

Karious

Ok i have conducted some tests on modded SP on the possibility of an ubering concentrate barb and this is the video of one of the tests:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA44EfkUZb4

Skills:

Max Sword Mastery
Max Concentrate
Max BO
Max Shout
Rest Bash

Gear

Guil Face
Highlords
Enigma Dusk
Storm shield
string of ears
ravenfrost
dual leecher rare ring
20ias/10cb craft gloves
marrow walks boots
Kingslayer in Highland Blade

Vital Stats:
Str: 0
Dex: Enuff for max block with SS
Vitality: Everything and kitchen sink
Energy: 0
Crushing blow: 78%
Max Block, Max %DR
Main attack: Concentrate @ 10fpa with >63ias from gear and base weapon speed -5, one handed

Tele to Uber with lifetap from marrows hotkeyed. Cast lifetap and concentrate away. On Bnet hotkey howl to chase away minions. Rinse and repeat :p Those huge blood pools u see from Ubers are all thanks to the 50%OW from Kingslayer hehe

i got a fort...wouldnt that be better due to the 30res that i rolled :D and like the ed since i already have enough str for a sacred plate. i have 64%block with a regular monarch(phoenix) but i do have ss and i got 2.2k health with bo. im lvl like 79 or something with everything maxed exept for shout with only like 4 pts in it am i ready or should i wait to get that shout up and some more health? and im guessing the nigma for moving and getting around better but the res and ed :( suggestions?

Well for barbs for me at least 2.2k life after BO is on the low end so i would hunt for cheap 18-20 life scs or WC GCs :p 2*Echoing weapons on switch also is a cheap boost. Hmm i do ubers with various characters and don't worry about the ed/raw damage cos when faced with a 650k hp monster, crushing blow rather than raw damage kills ^^ In my test an enigma was armor of choice cos 0 str = huge life and the mobility means u wake Ubers up one at a time hehe. IIRC that test barb (with legitly spawnable items) had like 4k+ hp? However i hope regular uber hunters who employ a concentrate barb share with us what their opinions are ^^

how did u get away with 0 str..base is 30...how did u get 47 str to get the 77 str req for the dusk

EDIT: and also could u just use dracs and gores?? or is the 5% to low for the ctc

Base str barb = 30
Take average of average anni + torch = 30 str
Dracs = 12 str (average)
Total = 72, charms to hit 77 for Dusk else none if you have above average stats for anni, torch and dracs ^^

Hmm ok i was thinking one could count on ctc lifetap from any item with a 6fpa or faster attack but i suppose it could work but reason i used marrows was not to wait for life tap to trigger but simply cast it when faced with Uber target :p

hmm..well i wish i had a anni and a torch...my gear /stats is as follows

166/3 arreats
383/12 ebotd cb
30 fort
367 phoenix :(
highlords
ravenfrost 5/4 duel leech
guills helm
gores
ik hands
EDIT: string of ears 15 dr 6ll

switch 2 +3 warcry sticks

str 235
dex 222
vit 250
en 42

life w/o bo 1398
life w/ bo 2468

str for the sacred fort. dex onlt gives like a 57% block with current shield
i do have a ss and i know i can get max block with that so im saying..should i get dracs and give it a try...i have 50 cb? not enough?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High