BTW... almost died tonight

jozipper

Mar 23, 2006
BTW... almost died tonight

Not a big deal for most I know, but this is my first hc char. This may be a nerdy thing to admit, but I dont care. I got a huge rush when I saw my life drop to almost nothing, but then still walked away alive. Now I know why people play hardcore. I've been playing video games for 15 years plus and that's the first time I've ever had an adrenalin rush like that.

:flip: :jig: :flip: :thumbsup:

Great isn't it? Emotions ride high in HC...TPPK makes me angry beyond rational thought (considering its just a game), death makes your heart sink (especially when its dumb like "Haain was slain by Hydra"; lvl 65 IKConcBarb FE Baal Minion wasn't paying attention whilst whacking him in pub baals...no wonder the other barbs in the game were hanging back lol) and the loss of breath from NDE (I can't believe my no-block low life _____ came out of that Extra Strong Extra Fast Fana Archer Pack alive!)
Haven't played SC for years n years...never looked back...

HC can take you pretty far in both directions! It will make you really happy one day and then it will depress you the next day. Enjoy the ride!

Weight till you start dreaming that your HC character is nearly dead and you keep pushing the Juv keys but nothing will happen! At least they are still alive when you wake up!.... damn, I need to get a life.

-hps

Lol i know the feeling. I barly walked out of a multi shot light enchanted unige pack with my necromancer. He had like 4 life out of 600 something and all his skellys wear dead. Im just glad my friend got there intime with his goldy sorc and killed that thing in 2 hits. My heart was pounding and I was ready to take the mouse and throw it across the room. But I lived and got to town and took a break for a few days. Never knew something gave me more of a rush then a rollor coster ride or making a touchdown after catching a mircle throw and slipping throw 3 huge line backers. God thats fun to do but HC is still more of a rush.

Ahh yes HP, we've all had those dreams, I actually went through a phase where I would just dream about doing MF runs. It doesn't get much more boring than that.

Yes HC can be a huge rush, which can be a dangerous thing, it's such a fun feeling (like a roller coaster as you said) that soon you start hunting Kaa the Soulless in hell :)

Once you get the 1337 gear and such and are doing private hell baals for exp though it gets tedious, if you don't **** up you won't have any NDE's, so people start playing kinda sloppy, not casting traps ahead, or blizz/spike leading on screen, just tele tele tele and then boom one hit. No adrenaline just an empty feeling.

Every end of the spectrum, from killing a difficult boss untwinked and solo to NDE's to unfair lag related deaths, you'll smile uncontrollably, laugh nervously and throw your keyboard.

Cheers
-Tai

FYI Demonic, Multishot no longer affects the Lightning Enchanted mod, so it was either dual-enchanted (probably fire+lightning) or you need to get your resists up. :tongue:

That rush is why I play.

I usually don't get that into a character until they've got the Destroyer name tag. Then they have reached that special level where you've spent enough time building them that they tug at your heart strings when they die.

I lost a Level 63 Frost Zealot running Nightmare Nilathak once and I moped for days. Didn't play again for months. I came back though. Like I always do. Made another Frosty. He's now at level 65 and I'm going back to see Mr. Nilathak again. This time's gonna be a little different (I hope).

:azn:

O lol ya my res was pretty bad. It was like I think 40 something %. Now I feel like a total newb lol. Well he was pretty powerful and hurt the heck out of me. Since then Light res has been maxed 100% of the time. And when did the Multi shot stop effecting Charged bolt on monsters. Was it 1.11 patch?

WrongdayJ you better be careful hes a killer. The only way I found out that makes it easy to kill him (besides the Slain monsters rest in peice) is to draw the monsters around that block of.....what ever it is and kill them there so nith cant use CE on them. Then go back to him, avoid hitting the monsters he crated, and pound him into the ground. This works 9/10 of the time. But like always in HC be careful. It only takes one slip to see the creat new char screen again.

I think it was 109, but that might not be perfectly accurate, its been ages though

Cheers
-Tai

. . .WrongdayJ you better be careful hes a killer. . . .

Oh yea. I can honestly say that probably 90% of all my hardcore characters have died at either Nilathak or the Nightmare/Hell ancients. So I approach these areas with very specific set-ups & stratagies.

. . .Damn Nilathak. . .:evil:

Well. . .chalk another deeds screen up to stupid mistakes.

I dropped Nilathak like a bad habit, then I got cocky. Started roaming around the Frozen Tundra a while and ran into a Crush Beast who was cold and fire enchanted. Easily avoidable. Easily killed, too. So I start wailing on him and just before I turn to run when he's almost dead- my merc kills him and the resulting explosion drops both of us. Scratch one level 66 Frost Zealot.

Ironically, with this game- it's that which does kill you that makes you stronger.

:grin:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High