Hardcore 'hack'?

br0d

Jun 22, 2003
Hardcore 'hack'?

I haven't played Diablo 2 for a few years but there used to be a little program that you could run that would let you create hardcore characters without fulfilling the "killing diablo on softcore" requirement. Is that prog still around and if so could anyone link me to it?

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that info isn't allowed here. Google, however, is your friend.

Or you could always just spend the time it takes to beat normal... Call me old fasioned...

or you can read the HC faq....

2.2 How do I make a Hardcore Character?

Originally, you had to first defeat normal Baal in Softcore in order to create Hardcore characters on your account. That method still works, but is not necessarily required. There are now alternate ways of enabling HC that are completely legitimate to use.

[1] One way of enabling hardcore is logging onto an account that can already create HC characters. Asking a forum member to create a "dummy" account for you to log in to is one way of doing this.

[2] If you don't have access to such an account the easiest way is to go through the following steps. I've tried to make this as simple as possible due to some people having inhibitions against messing with their registry.

1) Go to the Start menu, and open the program called Notepad (it's in the Accessories folder of the start menu).
2) Copy and paste the text below into a newly created document:

----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"AllowHardcore"=dword:00000001
----

3) Press Ctrl+S (or alternatively File --> Save As…) and save the document with the name allowhc.reg making sure the Save as type: is "All Files".
4) Double click on the file you just created, click YES that you do want to add the information to the registry, and click OK afterwards.
5) Proceed to create HC characters at your leisure.

Wow...that looks like even worse hax than what he was asking for...

Or you could always just spend the time it takes to beat normal... Call me old fasioned...

I had no interest in playing softcore 5 years ago and I have no interest in playing it now :). Thanks superdave.

superdave's quote said:
Press Ctrl+S (or alternatively File --> Save As…)

Whenever I read Howtos and things, I think to myself that if you need stuff like this spelled out for you you really shouldn't be doing whatever it is the Howto is instructing you on...

Uh, what version of Diablo 2 do you have? I don't even beat Act 1 in half an hour.

i remember this guy who try to break videogame records and video it.. he made thry normal game in 1h45min with an assassin.. i think thats pretty fast.. that included starting untwinked and without any kind of maphaks

I had no interest in playing softcore 5 years ago and I have no interest in playing it now :). Thanks superdave.

Interesting. My philosophy is to make my mistakes in softcore, then play in hardcore. Besides, with the dupelag rampant on the realms, hardcore is now almost suicidal.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High