W/E SC NL - Trying to forward Hrus's Almost Monthly Giveaway to next player

Gorgon Slayer

Apr 5, 2006
W/E SC NL - Trying to forward Hrus's Almost Monthly Giveaway to next player

Much to my suprise, I received the ATMA file generated by Hrus. First time I ever got anything for free. I made a NOOB error by putting a few items of my own back in the file that were picked up in single player games in exchange for the couple of items I removed. OOPS - Sorry - Breach in etique - I know better now - it just seems the right thing to do at the time given the season and all. Anyway - the file is ready to pass on. Merry Christmas Everyone...!!!

I am little confused here.

1) I didn't make any giveaway stash.
You probably mean a moiselvus' giveaway stash? We post all giveaway-related things in "Monthly Giveaway thread" which I re-create regularly if it is too big.
2) Please post the giveaway related issues there next time.
EDIT - It's the stickied thread here at SPF - it is usually the first or 2nd thread. (Maybe you just couldn't find it as you wrote in your other thread?)
3) Reading your last thread at Statistics forum, I want to ask about your playing experience on open Battle.net. SPF treats playing on open Battle.net as cheating (and we try to keep a legit trading environment at SPF), everyone who played there is considered tainted. (Because there are a lot of hacks on Open.) So I am not comfortable that you add some items in the giveaway file.

EDIT2: Taking items from giveaway stash is of course OK...

You probably mean a moiselvus' giveaway stash? We post all giveaway-related things in "Monthly Giveaway thread" which I re-create regularly if it is too big.
EDIT - It's the stickied thread here at SPF - it is usually the first or 2nd thread. (Maybe you just couldn't find it as you wrote in your other thread?)
3) Reading your last thread at Statistics forum, I want to ask about your playing experience on open Battle.net. SPF treats playing on open Battle.net as cheating (and we try to keep a legit trading environment at SPF), everyone who played there is considered tainted. (Because there are a lot of hacks on Open.) So I am not comfortable that you add some items in the giveaway file.

OK - I hope that you can help me straighten this out.

First of all - I run around on the open battle net and play the SPF game there but I don't play with anyone else as I don't have the skill to do so. I can't host a game there because I play behind a firewalled home network and don't want to change those settings. I also find it hard to join a game so I generally just play by myself as a single player. I have 1 Ladder character but I don't usually play him (barb) because my other characters take up most of my time. I don't trade because I don't trust anyone (due mostly to all the sad stories I've heard). ALL ITEMS IN MY STASH ARE FOUND IN THE GAME BY ME ALONE AND WERE NOT PURCHASED OR TRADED. Until I joined the Diablo Forum - I never traded, accepted a trade or, for that matter, even considered trading anything - PURE VANILLA. I use what I find and pine for better stuff - if I don't have it I play until I find it.

My Experience - I have half a dozen characters in the 30 to 50 range and I have 4 characters in the 50 to 90 range. Can I play - you bet your X$#% I can. I had about one year of experience before I joined the Diablo II Forums and roughly another 6 months of experience after joining.

I really don't understand what you mean by SPF (NOOB showing through)
This is how I sign on so You'll know if I'm a tainted individual or not (I'd like to know myself).

Open DiabloII Sign On Screen:
Sign in to my Account:
Enter Password:
Choose a caracture to play:
Create a Game Name:
Click Create Game:
Play away ---------

Isn't this the way it is done?

Some times I join the chat line to talk to other people so that I can ask questions. I've even joined a few games there but most everyone is just wanting to duel or a real low level NOOB is pan-handling or looking for a rush - Not enough experience to give advice or to duel the Tweaked individuals (majority), found there.

I don't go to other web sites and play Diablo even though I would like to play with other people. So I'm a little concerned about your implication that I am "Tainted" in some way or any of the items I have found in the game could be "tainted" too. I've considered joining a clan as playing by myself is starting to get a little old. That was the impidous for me to join the DiabloII Net - to find someone to play with. I've also decided to start trading stuff - this moves me from pure vanilla to white chocolate - its kind of like cheating - getting stuff you didn't find by yourself - but I think I can live with myself after commiting this small infraction - after all, it helps to speed (and spice), up the game.

I'm attempting to learn the Diablo Net protocol for doing this and have had my hand slapped several times for minor posting infractions. I chalk it up to the learning curve and hope I don't get "baned" for these minor infractions. Thus my concern about the "tainted" thing.

Want to help?

1) Show me how to trade on this forum.

2) Host & Play a game with me.

Respectfully - Gorgon Slayer

Reply #2

By the way - being the purest that I am, I still have that file sent to me on the giveaway and would like to return it. I took a few set items that I can use for my low level players and put in a few cool items in exchange. Given you concern over my being "tainted" I am going to destroy the file if you don't want it back as I would feel uncomfortable keeping the other stuff in the stash as it is not mine - this is purely an ethics thing as I'm sure all the PJewels and other low level items in there are worth something to somebody.

1) Read all the stickied threads here (especially the first 5 links from "Single Player FAQ, Tips & Character Guides" sticky) and on Single Player Trade Forum. Then you will understand how things are going here.

2) SPF = Single Player Forum (too hard to guess? :wink3: )

3) You will become tainted if you play on Open BNet with someone else you don't know.

If you will have more questions - after reading the stickies and FAQs, just send me a PM.

EDIT: You can advertise that you want to giveaway the stash in Giveaway thread.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High