Autumn/Winter '06 OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I look at WoW screenies I get lost in all the buttons.

Yea but that's because you're seeing the screen of someone who's max level and has put 30 days worth of playtime into their character. At level 1 you have like 1 button, and you build up more as you level. So really, it never feels like a lot because by the time you get new ones you've got the old ones down pat.

I'd start playing WoW, but I'm going to get too obsessed in another MMORPG like I did with FFXI. I played extensively for a year and my social life was pretty much ruined. On the up hand, I have a nice friend who lives in Michigan...

I have no time even now, WoW would make me a complete shut-in.

[exile];5058160 said:
Yup. Found him in whatever store or house he was in, talked to him, couldn't get the proper conversation topic to light up. It was weird.

that is odd, maybe you had to talk to the owner of the Inn to get info on his whereabouts or, well I don't know thats a screwy quest I think I heard about a bug there before

You can find him at the King and Queen Tavern in the Elven Gardens District. Make sure to bring the skeletal hand and the journal with you. Raise Velwyn's disposition a bit and he'll apologize for tricking you and volunteer to open the door for you.

I assume you did everything right, but you never know

I'd start playing WoW, but I'm going to get too obsessed in another MMORPG like I did with FFXI. I played extensively for a year and my social life was pretty much ruined. On the up hand, I have a nice friend who lives in Michigan...

I'm trying to limit myself... but it isn't easy by any means. I'm thankful that my friends are so versatile. When your trying to balance social life with MMORPG there is no easy way out. That's why they stick that little message on FFXI before you go in that says something like "Don't let this game ruin your social life." The part they left out was "but continue to play our game for hours on end because you can't get ANYTHING remotely close to useful accomplished if you don't"

Heh I'm probably just going to check for a new patch and then start fresh from the beginning. I had a mod with cool Roman centurion-looking armor that was kind of overpowered so it wasn't too fun playing.

I'll probably do some gold cheating to buy some upgrades but that's about it.

Why piss of the guards? Or do you mean do that with my current char and kill them all with the overpowered gear haha.

Is there any mod similar to Morrowind's Lilarcor? Something like a weapon that levels with you.

I think there's something called Alchemy. I never actually used it though, didn't really get far enough.

[exile];5061126 said:
I think there's something called Alchemy. I never actually used it though, didn't really get far enough.
You didn't use Alchemy? Damn, man. That was the best part of Oblivion. I hit 115 Alchemy with 100 Intelligence by like, level 12. You can kill pretty much anything in one hit, not to mention that Alchemy = Infinite Gold. Once you hit level 100 and can make potions from one ingredient, you can just run around the Imperial City, pick up all the little mushrooms, make potions, and sell them for like, 10k per run. It's awesome...

P.S.: There are lots of mods that make items level with you (try looking for the "Quest Leveling" mod. I can't seem to make my stupid Finger of the Mountain spell level...

You didn't use Alchemy? Damn, man. That was the best part of Oblivion. I hit 115 Alchemy with 100 Intelligence by like, level 12. You can kill pretty much anything in one hit, not to mention that Alchemy = Infinite Gold. Once you hit level 100 and can make potions from one ingredient, you can just run around the Imperial City, pick up all the little mushrooms, make potions, and sell them for like, 10k per run. It's awesome...

P.S.: There are lots of mods that make items level with you (try looking for the "Quest Leveling" mod. I can't seem to make my stupid Finger of the Mountain spell level...

IIRC Stat point bonuses are affected by how much you use them right? That would mean you must have used Alchemy like crazy to be able to get that :shocked:

I'll look around for some leveling mods then. :grin:

lol are their any offensive alchemy? like exploding potions and the such? u can make poison rite? then you can coat weapons in them??!?

Holy crap, the Modular Oblivion Enhancements mod looks really cool. I want to make a Lich character ^^

I can't seem to download it though. It's weird, every time I try to download it from FilePlanet it says something about "Error in your request" and says I should delete Temp Internet files. So I did, and it didn't do anything. Won't work in either Firefox or IE. I want to download it :(

lol are their any offensive alchemy? like exploding potions and the such? u can make poison rite? then you can coat weapons in them??!?
You can make poisons. Any potion you make with no positive effects are considered poisons and you can apply them to your weapon or bow. The next hit/shot with that weapon/bow will have the poison on it. It adds an element of intelligence to the game that I enjoy a lot. For instance, IIRC Trolls are weak to poison and fire, so a fire poison will actually do like, 4x normal damage. I love trolls....

[exile];5060903 said:
I had a mod with cool Roman centurion-looking armor

Lorica segmentata? Banded mail or whatever you call it?

lol it does... meh get a mage to own everything once u can make spells lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High