What items should i gamble?

DamianM

Nov 14, 2006
What items should i gamble?

I do alot of chaos mf runs, and i get alot of money from the items i sell. What would be a good type of item to gamble alot with?

amulets and circlets are the best IMO. Maybe some rings. I usually stick to amulets though. Not that I gamble much or that I've ever gambled anything good.

I prefer gambling Circlets, since I mostly use unique amulets on my characters.

But both can be very nice.

depends on your char lvl, to be able to gamble amulets with +2 skills you should preferably be 90ish. If you're "low" lvl you can get most nice ring mods a lot earlier.

Some gambling expert can fill in exact levels where you get the most out of an item...

i believe i was told lvl 93 for circlets, but you can be lower for the coronets

Circlets and ammys, IMO, are the bet. If you're lucky like 1337, you will get something godly and sell it for 40 hrs

I gamble circlets and coronets and pray for a nice hat I can sell.

I gamble for amulets and circlets (incl. coronets) sometimes, but mostly for boots and gloves. Because all of mine suck.

I gambled me a shiny dual leech ring yesterday. It's got a little bit of rez on it too.
Rings amulets circlets/coronets & gloves are what I gamble regularly. You can get some nice +skill gloves sometimes.

I gamble for amulets mostly, because I like to craft them.

Does the ilvl matter to crafting? And what's the ilvl on gambled items anyway? I read a guide years ago but I've forgotten...

My gambling plan:

<L87: Rings (all decent mods can be gambled at lower levels)
L87: Coronets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills)
L90: Amulets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills from L95 on, but don't wait that long)
L92: Circlets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills)
L93: Amulets for crafting (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills when crafting with him/her)

Of course you wear Gheed's and Edge while gambling, to reduce prices.

Does the ilvl matter to crafting? And what's the ilvl on gambled items anyway? I read a guide years ago but I've forgotten...

Yes, the ilvl affects what is capable of spawning.
When gambling, the item's lvl will be depend on your charcter level. A gambled item's ilvl will range from being -5 to +4 from your character level, when crafting the ilvl will become 0.5 x item ilvl + 0.5 x character level.

Thus to be sure that a crafted amulet can always have a chance of aquiring the +2 skill, your charcter would have to be lvl 93.

(0.5 x 88) + (0.5 x 93) = 90. (The +2 skill is alvl 90)

I only craft amulets, so I don't know the ilvl needed for desirable mods to appear on other items.

My gambling plan:

<L87: Rings (all decent mods can be gambled at lower levels)
L87: Coronets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills)
L90: Amulets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills from L95 on, but don't wait that long)
L92: Circlets (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills)
L93: Amulets for crafting (all will have a chance to get +2 to skills when crafting with him/her)

Of course you wear Gheed's and Edge while gambling, to reduce prices.

Is crafting amulets required not only clvl, but also ilvl?

Yes. When crafting, new ilvl = ilvl/2 + charlvl/2, rounded down before adding.

When gambling, the item will have an item level from charlvl-5 to charlvl+4, randomly, so for a L93 character it's at least L88. When crafting with the same character, the new ilvl becomes 88/2 + 93/2 = 90 which is the minimum ilvl for amulets to get +2 to all skills of a certain class.

Yes. When crafting, new ilvl = ilvl/2 + charlvl/2, rounded down before adding.

When gambling, the item will have an item level from charlvl-5 to charlvl+4, randomly, so for a L93 character it's at least L88. When crafting with the same character, the new ilvl becomes 88/2 + 93/2 = 90 which is the minimum ilvl for amulets to get +2 to all skills of a certain class.

Cool, thanks.
So it is necessary to reach lvl 93 to craft 2 skill level amulets eh :azn:

BlueDog just said it...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High