UBERS in HC ?

HCKull

Sep 5, 2006
UBERS in HC ?

I have a pretty good pally in SC that can do ubers solo and only dies every once in a while collecting a torch.

Would like to do the samething in HC, but the consequences of death are so much greater.

How do you do ubers safely in HC ?

Things that I can think of are a huge bo barb and a lightning sorc to support me and take advantage of -150 resists due to my conviction.

Kull

You pretty much got it.

Crushing Blow + Drac's + high smite damage helps keep your health up.

A barb for bo is great, and then have him Howl way the minions while you're smiting.

Enough resists to have maxed resists after Mephy's conviction is nice, but don't beat yourself up over it. Just run Salvation when you're around him until he's dead.

collect torch.

There are a few guides kicking around the Pally Forum, and a few threads in this forum that cover all this quite in depth.

-hps

What I usually see for the entire key ordeal is a duo doing this:

After a d2loader BO, a Smiter solos Duriel, while a Infinity merc lightning Sorc heads to the other two, setting up tps one at a time for the Smiter. Once in tristram, the Sorc leaves the Smiter and the Barb to clear just as HP said above. It's fun, and once you get the hang of it, not too hard at all. Just stay focused.

Lucky

If you are running solo and worried about resists you can always pre-buff with treachery and kill meph right away.

My uber pally has the following gear:

COH
dracs
exile
grief PB
gore rider boots
guill. face helm
TG belt (does lightning absorb)
raven frost
high lord wrath
anni
pally torch​

Weapon switch:

CTA lvl 6 boo
spirit shield​

Skills:

lvl 20+ zeal
20 sacrifice
28 conviction (overides Meph conviction)
20+ holy shield​

Merc:

A3 lightning (former Glitch Merc)

Lawbringer PB
Dream shield
helm​

I don't think I'd want to Zeal the Ubers to death myself. Smite is always hit and un-interruptable so every single time you swing you hit, but with Zeal against the very high defense of the Ubers you wont be hitting even close to every time.

Also, if you are carrying a torch you wont be able to pick up another Torch.

-hps

Just because he didn't mention Smite doesn't mean he doesn't use it. All you need is 1 point Smite for Ubers.

There's no need for the Conviction, though... or the Lightning Sorc.

Have you read kingdryland's 1pt Smiter Guide? I'd think that'd answer most basic questions.

As for the danger factor, as long as you've got max resists, max block, outside BO, and a decent connection, there's no reason you should ever die down there.

I don't think I'd want to Zeal the Ubers to death myself. Smite is always hit and un-interruptable so every single time you swing you hit, but with Zeal against the very high defense of the Ubers you wont be hitting even close to every time.

Also, if you are carrying a torch you wont be able to pick up another Torch.

-hps

I use smite against the ubers. What defense would the ubers have with lvl 28 conviction going ?

I know about picking up the torch. I have a friend pick it up or drop mine in town and recover the one from trist and then have mule char come for new torch.

LET THE FLAME BEGIN!!!

There is nothing wrong with taking advantage of game "features". We have to suffer from it's failures. Like the -fire res in the andy helm, temp bans, games that go poof and gobble our elite gear. We should be able to take advantage of the "features" that help. It is not cheating.

Just because he didn't mention Smite doesn't mean he doesn't use it. All you need is 1 point Smite for Ubers.

True enough, I guess I just assumed. Never mind me! Nothing to see here, move along.

-hps

Guardian angel, treachery and defensive charms(salvation) are pretty cheap and will boost your resist well. Just get a good BO and have lifetap(from a wand even).....you should be fine.

Guardian angel is not really good. I guess you could use it but 75% resist is enough. Use treachery as prebuff for fade then switch to duress for more CB and deadly strike...I think it has DS.

never really needed treachery. I think dracs + exile is a bit overkill as well.

Life tap wand is very sexy indeed saves you the time. lure out meph, life tap, kill. life tap diablo/baal, go to town.

Life tap wand is very sexy indeed saves you the time. lure out meph, life tap, kill. life tap diablo/baal, go to town.

I always found weapon switching, casting Life Tap, and then switching back to be more time consuming that just running up and bashing the **** out of 'em with my shield and waiting for Life Tap to go off on it's own from the Drac's. Probably I'm just lazy though.

-hps

There's no need for the Conviction, though... or the Lightning Sorc

Conviction overrides Meph's conviction so my resists stay at max with my normal gear.

I was considering bringing a Lightning sorc so she could take advantage of my conviction and kill the mosters who have -150 applied to their resistances.

Some of the minions are immune to everything... and that's unbreakable immunity IIRC. Meanwhile, the rest of your party is either 1) running away and not helping you at all, or 2) at about -1,000,000 resists and wondering why the hell you're not running Salvation.

If you're going to bring anyone down with you, bring a Zerk Barb. Not only can he BO and Shout your pants off, he can also cast Howl once and send every single minion running off like a bunch of pansies for about 30 seconds.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High