Does Might Help Wind Druids?

MaStAViC

Jun 24, 2003
Does Might Help Wind Druids?

Hey, Everyone,
How's it going? I have ventured into the world of Druid dueling once again after several year's of absence, but this time, I am working on a Elemental (Wind) Druid for dueling. However, as I am leveling up, I would like a Hireling to assist me.

I have spent quite a bit of time researching, and it looks like an Act2 Mercenary wielding The Reaper's Toll Unique Thresher would be the best Hireling and weapon for that Hireling, as The Reaper's Toll has a "33% Chance To Cast Level 1 Decrepify On Striking," according to The Arreat Summit.

I would like to know whether or not a Might Mercenary will help hurt my enemies even more; in other words, will the Might aura increase the damage of my Wind attacks?

Thank you in advance,
-=MaStA ViC

AFAIK Might wont increase the damage of Tornado or Twister.

Decrepify helps greatly, lowering the physical resist of monsters. Both 'nado and Twister are physical attacks.

Hurricane is of course a cold attack, neither will help it.

Thank you, Eilo Rytyj. I may just go with a Holy Freeze Act2 Mercenary then. Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks,
-=MaStA ViC

You could go with a Fire Iron Wolf for a third element, Barb for LawBringer Decrep or Azure/Lightsabre ele dmg or Rare 5%Amp swords, Fire Rogue for WitchWild 5% Amp and element dmg, or even Prayer + Insight Merc for Mass Life and mana regneration.

Although these may not be better suggestions.

Holy Freeze will slow all enemies, including cold immunes, which Hurricane cannot. With both of them you'll have a nice "dead zone" around you where everything is slowed to a crawl. Non-cold immunes will be slowed by both the HF slow% AND the slow from normal cold damage (i.e. Hurricane). HF is an awesome choice.

Prayer+Insight, as suggested by Lyrs and strongly advocated by me, is another great choice. Hurricane will give you that pseudo-HF effect in the absence of the actual HF aura, and you'll be regenerating life and mana like nothing else.

I'd advise against the Fire Iron wolf, it's damage is just too low to be considered good enough for a third element.

You could go with a Fire Iron Wolf for a third element, Barb for LawBringer Decrep or Azure/Lightsabre ele dmg or Rare 5%Amp swords, Fire Rogue for WitchWild 5% Amp and element dmg, or even Prayer + Insight Merc for Mass Life and mana regneration.

Although these may not be better suggestions.
Fire iron wolves are BRUTALLY bad. Lightning and Cold wolves both deal decent damage since their two primary attack skills both synergize each other. Since the two Fire Wolf attacks DO NOT synergize, Fire Wolves are pretty much useless.

To give you a comparison... a fully souped-up Cold Wolf will cast a 1300 damage Ice Blast and a 900 damage Spike (with 22 seconds worth of freeze on that Blast). A fully souped-up Lightning Wolf will cast a 1328 damage lightning and a 1495 max damage Charged Bolt (if all bolts hit). A fully souped-up Fire Wolf will cast a 700 damage fireball and a 456 damage Inferno (which is bugged and really only does 228 damage). Yuck.

Fire Rogues + WWS will deal huge elemental damage, though, so that's a great way to go if you're looking for a third element.

*puts eyes back into his sockets*

Hiya vic... long time no see. How've ya been?

Hey, Everyone,
How's it going? I have ventured into the world of Druid dueling once again after several year's of absence, but this time, I am working on a Elemental (Wind) Druid for dueling. However, as I am leveling up, I would like a Hireling to assist me.

I have spent quite a bit of time researching, and it looks like an Act2 Mercenary wielding The Reaper's Toll Unique Thresher would be the best Hireling and weapon for that Hireling, as The Reaper's Toll has a "33% Chance To Cast Level 1 Decrepify On Striking," according to The Arreat Summit.

I would like to know whether or not a Might Mercenary will help hurt my enemies even more; in other words, will the Might aura increase the damage of my Wind attacks?

Thank you in advance,
-=MaStA ViC

*puts eyes back into his sockets*

Hiya vic... long time no see. How've ya been?
Hey, Barrynor,
How's it going? It's been... a very long time since I've last talked to you. I hope things have been going well! I just returned to playing Diablo 2 earlier this month =) I'm guessing you're only posting in these forums and not actually playing the game, but I hope you can prove this statement of mine wrong!

Nice bumping into you again,
-=MaStA ViC

Well, can't prove you wrong I'm afraid. My last involvement with DII was err, march this year. But I daresay I don't miss it ^_^. I still stick around this place though, its nice to see old friends and talk to them.

//Barry

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High