You can buy a character on eBay!?!?!? WTF

GoreTex

Oct 24, 2006
www.clanowf.com
You can buy a character on eBay!?!?!? WTF

Ok, I love playing D2. And as many times as I've been tempted to shell out some cash for a particular item on eBay, rather than waiting to find or trade for it, I haven't. I don't totally agree with the selling of items, but I recently saw something I agree with even LESS. You can now send someone your acct / pass and they'll take a lvl 1 character of your choosing up to lvl 80 with no skills / stats used, AND they'll have it to you within 48 hours. That's just insane, and completely defeating the purpose of playing the game.

And while I don't agree with it, I find myself being very intrigued. Can anyone tell me HOW in gods name someone levels a character from 1-80 in 48 hours with NO skill / stats used? I just find this hard to believe. Or is it a scam?

It really is not all that hard. Rush the character to Hell Act Four and let it leach in Chaos runs. One can also leach in Uber Tristram I hear.

The reason one might take this approach is because they have played the game a lot and are not interested in playing through the Acts again but just want a character to MF with or for duels or PK.

For myself. EBay? NO.

Yeah after playing this game for close to 5 years now, i have to tell u the quests are getting just a bit old...

And for people that have done each quests hundreds or thousands of times, its kinda pointless and not fun to go thru them again just to have a high level char. For some this is whats left in D2, dueling or mfing at high level, and it would be a drag to have to go thru the same 5 acts 3 times over just to get a character.

So like cooked said, I see where pple might come from in doing this, I just dont believe in having to buy it.

IMO its total bs. The point of owning a game is to play it. Remember meph and pindlebots? I used to joke with my /friends that I was going to create a D2bot to play the game for me.

Utilizing shortcuts is okay. A legitimate in-game shortcut is grushing and xping in chaos. Buying items and characters is just ... stupid.

How do you call grushing legitimate? It's called glitch rushing for a reason. If the designers had actually ment for you to have a level 1 character in Hell, there wouldn't be a level requirement on Ancients.

I'm just saying its a exploitable shortcut and a legitimate way to level up your character. Also, players gave it the name "glitch rush," not the programmers. I'm sure programmers are aware of it, but haven't patched it for whatever reason.

Its just a loophole. Not the same thing as outright cheating IMO.

I'm just saying its a exploitable shortcut and a legitimate way to level up your character. Also, players gave it the name "glitch rush," not the programmers. I'm sure programmers are aware of it, but haven't patched it for whatever reason.

Its just a loophole. Not the same thing as outright cheating IMO.

The reason why hardly ever Blizzard bothers about D2 is plainly clear - WoW is gone gold and brings them millions of $ per month, when D2 brings nothing. Also the D2 team of Blizzard North have left the company so there are no left real programmers who can fix somethin.

This game exists very long time and many who started to play it have got married, got children, job and etc so there is no really time to lvl chars from 1 to 90.

The last char I build was in june this year, I just dont have time for this game anymore :undecided:

I understand people who buy characters on Ebay. I believe I have stated this many times.

You have to play through the whole game three times each character, which can take a while, and you have to level him/her up as well. Luckily you can rush to Hell, so that makes it faster (but rushing still takes time). Then you have to level. If your goal is to reach high levels, it takes a WHILE for your character to gain levels in those never-ending Baalgames. And it's very boring. No doubt bots were created.

I see many people saying Blizzard should remove rushing and prevent fast leveling. I am totally against this. Removing rushing means players will quit, and that PvP will suffer a lot. What do quest-loving players gain? Nothing really, if you don't count the whining that will occur in quest games (like "omg not teh c0untess agnai... tihs suxx... im quitin bnet")

If Blizzard stopped fast leveling, PvP will be destroyed. Testing builds will take long for nothing. What if you made a small but critical mistake on your character. You have to restart playing countless hours doing quests and leveling at the pace of a turtle just to fix that stupid mistake. Result? Another player who quits Battle.net.

I don't buy characters myself, but if it helps skipping all that trouble, I don't see why people should complain. If you don't buy characters, don't penalize people who do. What do they change for you anyway?

The reason why hardly ever Blizzard bothers about D2 is plainly clear - WoW is gone gold and brings them millions of $ per month, when D2 brings nothing. Also the D2 team of Blizzard North have left the company so there are no left real programmers who can fix somethin.

Not true, the Blizzard North guys have not left... only a few did from HQ and N and that's how we got Guild Wars. That is why D3 is still a game to be. :brainiac:

Not true, the Blizzard North guys have not left... only a few did from HQ and N and that's how we got Guild Wars. That is why D3 is still a game to be. :brainiac:

I'm pretty sure head developer Bill Roper left to go form Flagship in 2003.

And some other developers left to go form Hyboreal last year.

I would imagine that any group of mid-level programmers can make the code changes required for patches. As far as creative developers who know the game's history and can provide innovative and unique upgrades and changes, we might be out of luck.

When the ladder resets, I'm going to try to sell my greif and infinity on ebay to NL players.

The greif is 39/398, thought.

Last reset, I watched an infinity sell for over 50 bucks. stats were near perfect, though.

There's nothing wrong with it, morally speaking, but it is kinda lame, imo.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High