Static Hunger!

Jary

Dec 14, 2005
Static Hunger!

Sry.....me again, I feel like I have ADD going back and forth between my summoner and hunger bear lol. Anyways, my Hunger Bear's lvl 68 and I'm using a 4shael Griz caddy 'cause I got lazy waiting on 15-40's : /. I can totally crush most bosses using guilliuames and Gores, but my pvm just sux, it's too slow--even in nightmare. This lack of crowd control got me thinking of ways to speed it up. Then I realized that Static combined with crushing blow for direct attacks might be a more versatile idea for both bosses and crowd control, because as you're Hungering and destroying one monster, you're weakening all the adjacent ones in the process...so by the time u killed, say the 3rd cow/venom lord, the other ones will be at 1/3 health, or at least that's the plan. Here's the Idea for gear I'm thinking::wink3:

Stormlash
One-Hand Damage: (10-12) To (272-320)
Adds 1-473 Lightning Damage
+30% Increased Attack Speed
+33% Chance of Crushing Blow
20% Chance To Cast Level 18 Tornado On Striking
15% Chance To Cast Level 10 Static Field On Striking
+3-9 Lightning Absorb (varies)
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 30

--Amazing ctc bonuses, which is why it'd be perfect for this setup. Adds cb+elemental vs individuals all the while adding static and hungers at 7 frames (I think?), which isn't insane but good enough.

Cow Kings Leather
Complete Set Bonus
Poison Resist +25%
25% Chance To Cast Level 5 Static Field When Struck
+100 Maximum Stamina
+20 To Strength
+30% Increased Attack Speed
100% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
100% Extra Gold From Monsters

--1/4 of hits will cause static. Hmmm, so if "you" take a lot of damage, so do they? Basically the idea would be to stack vitality and neglect any block at all so that as you hunger you can allow your defense to be your offense too. Also, 125% mf with 3 items doesn't hurt either :grin:

Medusa's Gaze 'Um'
Defense: 405-453 Dru/Nec/Sor: 44%
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Slows Target By 20%
Cold Resist +40-80% (varies)
10% Chance To Cast Level 7 Lower Resist When Struck
100% Chance To Cast Level 44 Nova When You Die
(Um +22% resists)
--Although ss would seem the best choice, dr is sorta insignificant being that I'm leeching CONSTANTLY, and higher block sorta works against this concept. It occured to me though that static is significantly diminished, in hell particularily, where monsters have higher light resistance. Then I decided that ctc lower resist from Medusa's Gaze would dramatically improve the splash damage from static.

Ammy/rings: Anghellics, ravenfrost

I don't have Stormlash or Medusa yet (I do have Kings), but I can get. However, does this sound like something that would work or worth trying?

So if you are gonna rely a little bit on gettin hit for the chance too cast spells this might be a ideal Pure vitality build since you wont want any dex too block.

~*~*sounds like a fun idea*~*~*

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Would ar be enough with just anghellics/ravens?

For pvm id say around 10k+ ar would be fine , Atmas scarab is a awesome ammy for pvm with its Chance too cast amplity imo so id go with that and if you dont like it you can always use highlords.

really cool build idea. i like it alot. might even steal it and make it myself. :jig:

Just a few suggestions.

Maybe Cow kings armor is enough for the static field effect.

So i would consider to use a 2-hander instead. Tombreaver with a buch of shaels maybe. Or Maybe upped shaeled ribbcracker for the cb.

However the chance to cast tornado is really cool with Stormlash :scratch:

Awesome build idea i have to say :thumbsup:

Kosmos said:
Maybe Cow kings armor is enough for the static field effect.

So i would consider to use a 2-hander instead. Tombreaver with a buch of shaels maybe. Or Maybe upped shaeled ribbcracker for the cb.

you would need stormlash because it has a chance too cast static on striking.

if you take it away it pretty much take away your main source of static since you will rely on bein hit too cast static with out it.

I'm glad you brought up Atmas scarab. I do have it and was thinking of using it :wink3:
The only reasons I decided probably not to were:
1) the amp damage (atmas) and lower resist for static (Medusas) sorta step on eachothers toes, I spose : / (although, for my original Hunger Bear with pure CB, this would be a great idea)
2) I think anghellics just offer a lot more life and ar. It's a good idea though, I wish there was a way to have both :undecided:

ElohimWolf said:
you would need stormlash because it has a chance too cast static on striking.

if you take it away it pretty much take away your main source of static since you will rely on bein hit too cast static with out it.
oh sorry then thought cow kings was on striking to :laugh:

hehe, yeah! 25% on striking would be so godly :grin:
They should make an armor for that next patch ><

Medusa shield is a pain... trying to get 219 strength for cheap.
My best bet I think is:
Medusa 'Hel' ~186
-26 anni+torch
-45 IK glov/belt
-20 set bonus 'Cow'
-15 ring (+15strgh/6leech/12fire resist/+102ar/+1mana each kill ^^)
-4 sc/6-9 resists
=76 strength total

...more than I prolly wanted to spend, but I don't think there's an easier way. It's not too bad though.

why do you want medusas so badly? id rather use phoenix for better damage or maybe spiketorn for ds and fhr

Well... it's just easier to say "I don't have 10 sojs". lol

However, I covered that in my first post. Static is severely effected by enemy's light resistance, such as in hell, and Medusa's has 10% ctc lower resist that would amplify the effect of static. Hmmm, how can i explain this; well, picture you're playing an 8 player cow game in hell. Due to the increased monsters resistance and toughness, your static damage is like 90% absorbed. However, splash on some lvl 7 lower resist and this counteracts it completely. Medusa's isn't that bad either, it also gives some helpful mods like life leech and 20% slow which I think is pretty nifty, for this build that is :smiley:
it's not always about what's the best item, it's what's the best item for the build too.

C-Moon runeword is better choice

Jary said:
Well... it's just easier to say "I don't have 10 sojs". lol

However, I covered that in my first post. Static is severely effected by enemy's light resistance, such as in hell, and Medusa's has 10% ctc lower resist that would amplify the effect of static. Hmmm, how can i explain this; well, picture you're playing an 8 player cow game in hell. Due to the increased monsters resistance and toughness, your static damage is like 90% absorbed. However, splash on some lvl 7 lower resist and this counteracts it completely. Medusa's isn't that bad either, it also gives some helpful mods like life leech and 20% slow which I think is pretty nifty, for this build that is :smiley:
it's not always about what's the best item, it's what's the best item for the build too.
I saw a old post on C-moon vs Stormlash testing that covered this but can't find it but I do think its a much better choice overall. -LR and high static
10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

I think he just want to have as much chance to CTC static as possible. :laugh:

The CB also helps to kill enemies alot faster.

True True, I had considered crescent. But like he said, I'd lose my cb, one of my main killers as well as a lot of damage and speed for leeching : / I wish crescent moon didn't add just a measily 20% ias :[

Also, faster speed @ 15% > 7% slower. It's a good idea though, maybe I'll try it out. But Stormlash is just so damn good lol.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High