So how did you guys find this place?

About six years ago I was knocked out by thugs in an alley, and when I woke up I was in here with over a thousand posts to my name.

I don't even remember what I was doing 24 hours ago ...

I have no clue - I'll say search engine. Not sure if that's really how I found this looney bin, but that's my best guess.

i found this forum via google after learning that the official bliz forums are useless for trading

I found that woefully bad Hammerdin FAQ via a link from GameFAQs.com (does that site count as a "competing forum? I mean...compete is a hard word to use for that site...). It's one of the strategy section's guides from like...1.07 that's still up...or maybe not. I haven't visited it in a while.

I found this site through Google, I guess, and for some time it was just a source of information for me, as I didn't join the forums at first. A friend told me about the old purediablo.com marketplace and when it died 3 years ago, I switched to here.

I'm not active in any other Diablo forum, although I have accounts in in a few other ones, to spy on people who are offering their items here and elsewhere at the same time :evil:

It must have been google or I can't remember...

krischan said:
I'm not active in any other Diablo forum, although I have accounts in in a few other ones, to spy on people who are offering their items here and elsewhere at the same time :evil:

Lol, that means that if we see xXxKrischanzorxXx watching our thread at "the other forum" we are screwed :laugh:

Mike

Google for build guides, lurked for about a year, started posting infrequently in Sorc forum, eventually found Comm and got hooked, downhill from there (read: OTF)

Seems a pretty common theme.

Uncle_Mike said:
It must have been google or I can't remember...

Lol, that means that if we see xXxKrischanzorxXx watching our thread at "the other forum" we are screwed :laugh:

Mike
I'm not that stupid and use the same or a similar name elsewhere nor would I even give a hint about it. :azn: However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some krischan or a variant on a different board who tries to scam others at my expense.

back when everyone was playing diablo 1 this site hosted diablo 1 game mods like hellfire mode, which me and my friends all used to play. diinet kept us sane waiting for the release of the real dii.

i was a member in 2001, got wiped with the forum reset i think.

krischan said:
I'm not that stupid and use the same or a similar name elsewhere nor would I even give a hint about it. :azn: However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some krischan or a variant on a different board who tries to scam others at my expense.

Wouldn't be the first time... I've seen other people who've had to set up signatures explaining which accounts were theirs because people tried to use their name to scam on a regular basis. So lame.

i found dii.net looking for build guides and info on 1tamz! .. eventually found the forums and lurked for awhile before signing up.

Well, in the beginning I played the game on singleplayer, and a friend printed me out a few pages from this site with some information about cube recipes and set items.

When I started playing the game online (after 2 years) I was checking the papers one day, and noticed the name of the site, so naturally I went there to check things out.

It still took me for over a year orso before I signed up, I couldn't resist to reply to some threads anymore :grin:

Friend of mine told me this was a good place to look up item stats... he never bothered with the forums.. but I was curious, stumbled in and now.. I appear from time to time to post >.> My D2 addiction has been replaced with a WoW (new!) addiction. So yeah... maybe if WoW bores me, or my subscription dies out before i get some cash, i'll be inspired >.>

ahem.

-Dace-

i think i found this place from the purediablo.com site, which i was told of from a friend. i still spend most of my time here lurking.

I think it was found mistakenly when I used to frequent the diablo2.net forums back in '01 or whatever year it was.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High