Help with My Mf Lite Sorc Build

mrxbryan

May 6, 2006
Help with My Mf Lite Sorc Build

Hi, I'm starting a Mf Lite Sorc with an even 600 mf.
Skills:

Skills:
Chain Lite - Max
Lite- Max
Charged - Max
Lite Mastery - Max
Nova- Max
+1 to frozen armor, teleport, thunderstorm, warmth

Stats:
Str/Dex - req. for equip
Vita - Rest
Energry - No

Equip:
P Topaz Shako
P Topaz Upped Skullder's Ire
Perf Eschuta /w Lite Facet
Spirit Shield
Tal's Ammy or (Maras Ammy?)
Goldwrap
2x P Nagel's
Chance Gloves
War Travs
(also Holy Freeze merc /w Infinity)

Inventory Filled with 7 mfsc's and Sorc Torch.

With all that my mf comes to even 600 mf. I know most of you have lower mf and use better sorc equip, but what I listed above do you think I can still Baal, Andy, Pits, Ancients Tunnels, etc. effectively?

Please leave any suggestions/comments. Thanks.

Should be able to do everything, not too sure about Baal though. I would try every run out with this setup. If you find you are doing a certain run too slowly for your taste, either take it out, or substitute MF for killing speed.

More runs > More MF

What are your resists going to be with this set up?

I've been thinking of doing the same for my next sorc. This is the standard pure light build right? I see a problem with your resists, fast cast, and hit recovery though. I was thinking about using some Tal's to help those areas.

I guess you get some FCR from the echuta and Spirit, but I always like a faster cast than that. You'll be at 65-75%, past the 63% non lightning and 52% Lighting breakpoints which is probably the minimum. I'd see if its possible to get to 105% (non-light) / 117% (light) breakpoints. Even if you can't do that 78% will get you to another lighning breakpoint.

For your hit recovery, I'd really try to add 5% more somewhere (SC is easy) to hit the 60% breakpoint.

Resists look to be a big problem. You only have Mara's, Spirit and a torch to keep from hitting the -70% area. Even if both of those are perfect (really $$$) that's -20 overall. Add in an anni to get some more, but that will still leave you at zero (if your torch, anni and mara are all perfect. Realisticly you'll be at -20 to -10).

Depending on your level, Tal armor is worth concidering. It comes with a fixed 88 MF. You could also squeeze out the 3 piece 65% MF bonus (belt, armor, amy). Tal armor even comes with some nice resitances and the Amy has some +life and mana.

Skulders = 110% MF (at level 88)
Gold Wrap = 30% MF
Mara or Tal Amy = 0% MF
_______
140% MF

Tal Armor = 88% MF
Tal Belt = 10-15% MF
Tal Amy = 0% MF
3 piece set bonus = 65% MF
_______
163-168% MF

Of course once your there, you could add tal orb for the -15% enemy lite resistance. You'll loose +2 skills when you sub out the orb, but you'll gain the +2 back on lightning mastery. You'll also find that the -15% enemy light resistance on Tal's orb would be much better than the +20% light damage on a Perf Eschuta. Suprisingly, Tal's orb with the rest of the set will also get you 10% more faster cast (50% total for Tal). Adding the Tal orb will also get you 25% more hit recovey. You can easily add 6% as a 2nd mod from a few sc's to get you to the 86% breakpoint.

If you've followed me to this point, you may also want to consider swaping the Shako for Tal Helm. You'd actually gain a skill (+3 for the whole set bonus vs. +2 on shako) which will offset the loss on the weapon. You will loose some of the +life and +mana on shako, but Tal Helm does come with some of its own, and there's a set bonus of +150 life. So you actually come out well ahead on life and just a few higher on mana (overall, see below). Loosing the 50% MF on Shako is tough - no argument there. You could keep the shako in inventory for boss kills. The big bonus's on the tal helm are the +15% resist all from the helm and +50% resist all from the complete set bonus. 65% resist all is nothing to sneeze at.

Let's see if I can sum this up (I'll exclude the inventory of SC's and sockets which will stay the same)

Orignal Set up
14 all skills (3 Eschuta, 1 Skulders, 2 Shako, 2 Mara, 2 Spirit, 3 Torch, 1 Anni)
20% Light Damage (Eschuta)
65-75% Fast Cast
55% Hit Recovery
340% MF total (excluding sockets and SC's - see below)
-15% Resist Fire (see below)
20% Resist Cold (see below)
20% Resist Lightning (see below)
20% Resist Poison (see below)
266 Life (see below)
352 Mana (see below)

_______
110% MF (Skulders at level 88)
30% MF (Gold Wrap)
40% MF (Chance Guards)
50% MF (War Tav's)
50% MF (Shako)
60% MF (2x P Nagels)
_______
-70% resist all base in Hell
+15% resist all (Anni - Average)
+15% resist all (Torch - Average)
+25% resist all (Mara - Average)
+35% resist Cold/Light/Poison (Spirit)
______
+132 Life (Shako at level 88)
+44 Life (+22 Vit on Spirit)
+10 Life (+5 Vit on Mara)
+20 Life (+10 Vit on War Travs)
+20-40 Life (+10-20 Vit on Anni, 30 average)
+20-40 Life (+10-20 Vit on Torch, 30 average)
______
+132 Mana (Shako at level 88)
+89-112 Mana (Spirit, 100 average)
+10 Mana (+5 Energy on Mara)
+40-60 Mana (+20-30 Energy on Eschuta, 50 average)
+20-40 Mana (+10-20 Energy on Anni, 30 average)
+20-40 Mana (+10-20 Energy on Torch, 30 average)

Full Tal Set up
+12 all skills (1 Tal Orb, 2 Tal Amy, 3 Set Bonus, 2 Spirit, 3 Torch, 1 Anni)
+2 Lightning Mastery
-15% Enemy lightning Damage (Tal orb with 3 other pieces)
75-85% Fast Cast
80% Hit Recovery
318% MF total (excluding sockets and SC's - see below)
65% Resist Fire (see below)
100% Resist Cold (capped at 75%, see below)
135% Resist Lightning (capped at 75%, see below)
60% Resist Poison (see below)
441 Life (see below)
359 Mana (see below)

_______
88% MF (Tal Armor)
15% MF (Tal Belt)
65% MF (3 piece set bonus)
40% MF (Chance Guards)
50% MF (War Tav's)
60% MF (2x P Nagels)
_______
-70% resist all base in Hell
+15% resist all (Anni - Average)
+15% resist all (Torch - Average)
+15% resist all (Tal Helm)
+50% resist all (Tal complete set bonus)
+40% resist Fire/Cold/Light (Tal Armor)
+33% resist Light (Tal Amy)
+35% resist Cold/Light/Poison (Spirit)
______
+60 Life (Tal Helm)
+44 Life (+22 Vit on Spirit)
+50 Life (Tal Amy)
+20 Life (+10 Vit on War Travs)
+57 Life (Tal Orb)
+150 Life (Tal set bonus)
+20-40 Life (+10-20 Vit on Anni, 30 average)
+20-40 Life (+10-20 Vit on Torch, 30 average)
______
+30 Mana (Tal Helm)
+89-112 Mana (Spirit, 100 average)
+42 Mana (Tal Amy)
+97 Mana (77 mana +10 energy Tal Orb)
+30 Mana (Tal Belt)
+20-40 Mana (+10-20 Energy on Anni, 30 average)
+20-40 Mana (+10-20 Energy on Torch, 30 average)

Conclusion - I'll go Tal's. I'm loosing 2 skills (except on mastery), and 28% MF, but I'm gaining Fast Cast, Hit Recovery, Huge Resists and Huge Life. Maybe I'm just more of a defensive person.

*You could also sub in an enigma to get almost as much MF as your build, one more skill, and lots of strength (to help wear the Spirit Monarch).

**Or largely forget MF on your armor and go Chains of Honor (+2 skills, +65% resist all, 25% MF). I think this would be a huge improvment on your original build. You'll loose about 100 MF, but gaining a skill and having maxed resists in hell will make it well worth it in my opinion. You'll see that MF% over 300% the whole deminishing returns thing really starts to sink in anway.

Wow , thanks Magechick. Your breakdown and explanation for a more defensive build is very informative. Your build sounds much more better than mine due to more resist, fhr, life, etc. I haven't really thought about actually survining through Hell runs. The only thing I'm thinking of, is replacing Tal's Orb to Perf Lite Eschuta Orb /w Perf Lite Facet.

Also, is my skill build fine?

Suggestions/comments please leave.

No problem, your welcome.

I've been thinking about doing this as my next build for a while - I just never actually wrote it out.

Your skill disto looks fine. You didn't list 1 pt in Telekenisis or Static, but these are a given. I've never been a fan of any of the cold armor's, but you might as well use them, I just always forget to cast/recast them. Without the cold armor's that 106 points (kinda high, I normally stop leveling at 89/90, but a good goal to aim for) Let's see, at level 90 I'd only have 101 skill points, so I'd have to loose 5 points somewhere. I don't have a skill calculator in front of me at the moment to figure out what to loose, but that can be figured out easily enough.

Maybe I'm a little biased toward Full Tals becaues I already own a nice set. I socketed my Helm and Armor P Topaz, but I currently have a 4/5 Fire Facet in the orb. If I switched to a lightning build I'd just have to get a new Tal Orb - I'd proabaly go with a 5/5 Light facet in that on too. I'd probably also use 2x Up'd Magefists. I got hooked on the 105% FCR for full Tal + P Spirit + Magefists. It really speeds up the long distance teleports and keeps me alive when going through big packs of monsters (Chaos/Baal runs). I'll take a hit of 40% less MF, but it's worth it for me. I'll even expiriment with some FCR rings to hit the 117% Lightning FCR breakpoint. (I scored one FCR ring with some nice MF too, so not much lost there). Once you go fast cast, you'll never go back :cool:

I'm still working on turning my hammerdin into a 1 pt smiter (paly gear is way too expensive!). So it will be a while before I put the money into building my lightning sorc. (even if the only thing I need to pay for is an infinity pole)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High