meph runs

mugana

Jul 21, 2006
meph runs

how do you surive the way to durance 3? My lvl 86 meteorb gets killed by those maulers and dolls whenever she teleports near them. I have 80% fcr. gear is shako, lidless, some 2+ fire sword, uped goldwrap, wartravs, rare rings, and vipermagi.

I can only do nm meph but i'd rather do hell meph for better drops.

well the trick I use when teleporting in duance 3 is starting out going counter clockwise and running most of the time... if I see the dolls before they see me then I teleport into the next room, also let your merc take their beatting since for some reason he dosent get hurt that bad off of them (defiance merc with some strong armor around 869def)

I'd suggest getting enough fcr to reach the 105% breakpoint for even faster teleport. If you teleport fast enough, you are safe as long as you don't teleport into the middle of a pack. Might seem a waste to use fcr on a meteorber, but it sure is safer. Your call.

Also, do you have maxblock? Else that might be a good lifesaver.

no max block yet. I was stupid to pump too much points into vitality. A tal belt would help my dex a bit but that crap is not even dropping from nm meph

LorveN said:
I'd suggest getting enough fcr to reach the 105% breakpoint for even faster teleport. If you teleport fast enough, you are safe as long as you don't teleport into the middle of a pack. Might seem a waste to use fcr on a meteorber, but it sure is safer. Your call.

Also, do you have maxblock? Else that might be a good lifesaver.

Everyone's experience and preferences seem to be different. I've played a meteorb and until I reached the 105% breakpoint (spirit yay!) I had problems with meph runs, so the 105 break point was essential for me. My sorcie is a vita sorc with no block to speak of so exploding dolls can be a problem. It usually takes two blasts to do do her in (due to high vit), one hit kills only ocur in 8 player games or if she's been amplify damage, but more importantly only because her Merc jabs a doll. This has not happened for a long, long time.

The secret for me is to do a "left wall hug of the outer wall" from the wp. Start a continuous tp sequence that never stops. In order to do this you need to look a little bit ahead as you go so you can aim the mouse correctly to the next location in time. In this way the Merc has no time to jab anyone before being whisked away to the next tp point.

I hug the left wall and basically trace out the outer left wall edge as I go. I ignore doorways, just tp over inner walls etc, looking for the purple spot on the map that marks the way down to Meph. I react to the level layout not to the enemies. In other words I won't change my mouse aim to avoid a pack of enemies, because the pause will interrupt the pattern. This is what that saves me. If there's any noticable lag, I exit and start a new game. The 105 breakpoint is awesome, rarely can an enemy react in time.

Using exactly the same technique I can easily TP any area in the game with ease with the exception of Baal in 8 player games or boss gloam packs (even with all res's maxed). I think the secret to Baal is to memorise the maps or find some godly gear, I'm using the standard Tal's set and spirit.

if i use tal orb, ill have 105 fcr. I guess ill try teleing tommorow in hell meph and see if 105 fcr helps me

How exactly are you teleporting?

I tend to not pay very much attention to the rooms I'm teleporting into; I'm transfixed on the automap and holding down the right mouse button (teleport).

If you're having problems with doll-busting (us hardcore folks tend to find ways around this) due to your heavy-damage mercenary... consider switching from might to defiance/holy freeze (probably get more mileage out of defiance) and a relatively low(ish) damage weapon i.e. a non-eth elite insight. D2data.net lists Undead Stygian Dolls as having 2901 - 6249 hp in Hell Ladder mode, so if your merc does less than that, you should be alright.

If your merc does enough damage to pop one of those buggers in 8 player mode... I'm impressed.

i tele along the edges of the outerwalls. Mercs are annoying though because they always try to go after meph when im doing the moat trick. They end up getting killed by meph's lightning.

Make sure you are hitting the 86% faster hit recovery break point too. Full Tal + Spirit + 6% somewhere else (chams). This will speed you up.

105% fast cast + 86% hit recovery + holy freeze merc = fast telport and slow enemies.

I don't worry too much about my merc's killing power, just so long as he has max resists and good def, he'll be OK for a bit. I keep him around for how much he help's me teleport, not for his killing abiliity.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High