Champion Frosted_Flakes

Steven Q Urkel

Dec 16, 2004
Champion Frosted_Flakes

Normally I wouldn't bother with a Champion thread, but this was a special circumstance. After completing NM I entered Hell. Did pretty much full area clears from Act I to Act III. Killed Diablo in Act IV. Bugged Vipers + fragile sorc = unhappy Urkel, so I skipped the Nilithak quest in Act V. But did most of the others though. I killed the Ancients, after one reroll. I cleared out the Throne of Destruction. I am quite confident that if I had attempted to, I would have been able to kill Baal. But I really like this characters DoH 2 map, so I decided not to finish Hell. Basically a Matriarch, just without the offical title.

Character Screen

[highlight]Skills[/highlight]

Fire
Warmth - 1

Lightning
Telekenisis - 1
Teleport - 1

Cold
Frost Nova - 1
Cold Mastery - 8
Ice Bolt - 20
Ice Blast - 20
Glacial Spike - 20
Blizzard - 20

[highlight]Equipment[/highlight]:

Um'd Harlequin Crest
Maras Kaleidoscope
Um'd Stormshield
War Travelers
Lionheart Archon Plate
Snowclash
Stone of Jordan / Stone of Jordan
Frostburns
The Occulus w/ 12% all res j00l

Shimmering GC of Craftmanship
Shimmering LC of Strength
Shimmering LC
Emerald SC of Vita
6x SC of Strength
Garnett SC of Strength
don't have any cold skillers unfortunately :cry:

[highlight]Mercenary[/highlight]
Ilzan Level 88 Act II Holy Freezer
Vamp Gaze
Duriels Shell
Reapers Toll

Overall I enjoyed this character. She was pretty roxxor in Normal and Nightmare, but I really struggled with Cold Immunes in late Hell. Especially in Act 5, in the frozen tunnels. Thank God for teleport is all I have to say. The first sorc that I ever pumped Dex, but I found she died just as much, if not more, :mad:, than my previous sosers who pumped Vit instead. She's pretty good at /p8 Ancient Tunnels and /p3 Mephisto and Pindle, so she's prolly gonna be my new primary mf character. Someday I hope to get her to 5k Blizzard damage. Still have 6 unspent skill points too, need to think about where to put those.

Hellforge: Normal cant remember/Lem/Lem
Best finds: none while questing, but Doombringer, Ondals Almighty and Immortal King Soul Cage while leveling up in Ancient Tunnels

Next up is an Immortal King whirley bird. He's my first ever whirlwind barb, so it could get interesting. :laugh:

GG, and Good Night.

-Urkel

how do you have those resistances?

my level 55 avenger has Guardian angel, HoZ and 10 to resit all and he only has 40/40/60/50 in nightmare. Im only guessing they'll drop in hell.

Am i doing something wrong?

to stay on topic:
nice Map. may your drops be green and gold.

Nice! Particularly liked the name. Frosted Flakes rule.

Not sure what the worry is over losing the map, though. My maps have never changed after making pat/mat.

guardian angel has % to maxium resistance.

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 808
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Strength: 118
Required Level: 45
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 99
Fingerprint: 0xcd3aa4db
+194% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+15 to Maximum All Resistances
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate
140% Bonus to Attack Rating Against Demons (Based on Character Level)

EDIT: but it doesnt raise my resists and a guide at the http://www.purediablo.com/guides place said it'd boost my resists to like 90/90/90/90

Chain of Strength said:

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
+194% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate

EDIT: but it doesnt raise my resists and a guide at the http://www.purediablo.com/guides place said it'd boost my resists to like 90/90/90/90

Indeed Guardian Angel boost your MAXIMUM resistances (or limit for resistances), not your actual resistances. Meaning that your max resistances won't be 75, but 90, but still you need to gather those resistances somewhere else.

Being a pally, you shouldn't have too much problems gathering resistances. You said you have HoZ, put a pdiamond on it (or if you're rich, an um). That will give you +69 resist all (+72 if it's an um) in a single item. You still have free slots from the amulet, rings, helmet,boots and even belt to gather resistances. Rare boots can easily give you at least +20 resist all. Amulet and rings give other resists, you can try circlets to gather good resists in helmets, nightsmoke (for belt) gives +10 resist all and if things get really ugly you always have access to salvation

Chain of Strength said:

Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
+194% Enhanced Defense
+4 to Light Radius
30% Faster Block Rate

It won't raise your resisances if you don't have them. If you are only wearing gear that has 70% to a resistance, GA won't raise it to 85%. What is means is that you can have a max. of 90% from gear.

EDIT: pwnd by A_M!

EDIT2: congrats on the almost Mat! I agree with what someone else said above me, that once you Matriarch her, the map seed doesn't change, go ahead and finish it!

my resistances dropped though in Nm from normal. And im sure from NM to Hell they will too. How do i get that 90resist all?
sorry about this im hardheaded and dumb at diablo.

Chain of Strength said:
my resistances dropped though in Nm from normal. And im sure from NM to Hell they will too. How do i get that 90resist all?
sorry about this im hardheaded and dumb at diablo.
If I'm not mistaken, your resistances in Hell level start at -100. With all three Anya quests (they give +10 each difficulty), that means you are really at -70. So, in order to get +90 resistance, you need gear/charms that give you 90 + 70 resistance (160). As A_M said above, HoZ with PDiamond give 69 of that. Depending on your skills, Resist Cold, Fire, Lightning (for pally) will add to that. Fade will add to that. Natural Resistance (barb) will add to that. Charms will add to that. For a pally though, it really isn't hard to get to 90 resist all (if you are twinking, that is).

Chain of Strength said:
oh i see. I was just wondering how people get all those high resistances in hell. well thanks for the information.
Your main goal, is to get it all from gear. For instance, Hoz (PDiamond) and HotO give alot of resists. A rare amulet I have gives +19 to all resists. From there, see what you're lacking, then fill the gaps with charms, preferrably small charms. A perfect small charm can give +11 to a single resistance. Hopes this helps more.

Sorry for the hijack [/end hijack]

Hmmm. For some reason I thought that Killing Baal in Hell would reset the map when you enter a new game, but it looks like I may have been mistaken. Maybe ole Frosty will make it to Matriarch after all. :laugh:

nebux said:
congrats on your mat, also strange gear too

Yeah, I'm guessing you're referring to a sorc using a Lionheart & Stormshield. :rolleyes: Blasted SS is a heavy little bugger, and the +25 to str allows me to equip the shield. The +50 to life and +20 to Vit and +30 to all resist is also helpful too IMHO. But I do have unspent stat points, maybe I can dump the Lionheart, add 25 to str, and put on a Vipermagi. The +1 to skills just might be enough to get me to 5k Blizz damage, which would be cool.

My main sorc on Bnet years ago ran with a setup very similar to that. People thought I was crazy for using SS until they saw how much damage I could soak up with it. Well, until I stripped her down for MF. But boy are those DR sorcs fun to run.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High