DECA Revised Rules

jantia

Banned
Jul 24, 2003
DECA Revised Rules

The last thread is long gone, and it seems without much more interest left in it. I hate to see this die however and have come up with maybe more appealing rules

General Rules

1. No taking gold

2. No Nking.

3. No town gaurding.

4. Running to town or leaving blood moor is a forfeit.

5. No "offensive" talk.

Gear Rules

1.You are allowed ONE inventory of charms and ONE set of alternate gear. This means that you may have 2 helms, 2 ammies, four rings, basically two items for each item slot. You may only have one additional set of weapons/shield. If you need gear to equip items they will have to be included in either of your two sets of alternate gear.

2.You may only use runes GUL and down.

3.You may use THREE items from TC's 75 - 84 and you may have a total of FOUR including stash. This inculdes ALL items: sets, unique, SOCKETED, magical, rare, upgraded. For example a zephyr crusader bow will be considered a TC 87.

4.You may only use TWO items for TC 87, with a total of THREE including stash. This inculdes ALL items: sets, unique, SOCKETED, magical, rare, upgraded. For example, upgraded gore riders WILL be considered a TC 87.

5.All items with CtC curses are banned.

6.Belts must be empty

7.You may only use two items of absorb or max resist per element. Thundergods counts as two items. The Rising Sun amulet is banned.

8.Poison from charms must be 300 or less

9.80 faster r/w max.

Skill Rules.

1. No O-skills

2. No use of charges on items

3. Decrepify, Iron Maiden, Bone Wall and Bone Prison are banned.

4. Slow Missiles is banned.

5. Teleport and blaze are banned.

6. Holy Freeze, BH with Conc, Vigor, Meditation and Prayer are banned.

7. BO is capped at lvl 20 after +skills.

8. Bone spirit capped at lvl 33.

I honestly think that is the best balance between levelling the playing field while still rewarding item choice to some degree. If we restrict items even more I feel that all the characters will look the same.

Changes I am considering: Eliminating Gul.
Limiting TC 87's to just one allowed to be equipped.
Any obvious balance issues.

Please feedback and LMK if you are interested in dueling in such an environment.

Rules aren't the problem, problem is that there isn't much people arround here interested in dueling. It's becoming more and more difficult to find people, especially hosts, who wants to duel.

edit:
I have some questions:
1. is prebuff allowed, if yes at what extension?
2. if someone wants to have one handed and two handed weapon, does it mean that is possible to have only one of each, and that's all?
3. is weapon switch that doesn't use like weapon, (for example deaths web for lowering p. resists, used by melee character with poison skill), considered as set of weapon/shield?
4. are 1.07, 1.09 items, (for example cruel swords from 1.09) allowed?

Also, I agree with Colony regarding tc87.

Looks like most people will be able to afford this, it's a good start, but there is still the problem with charms. They do make a huge difference, but I can't think of a good way of dealing with that, as if you ban all charms most characters of the same build will look the same.

I think Guls should be left in, they can drop from the HF so are a lot more common than Vexs and Ohms. I also think limiting TC87s to one per character is a bad idea. Most casters just don't need rarer items to be effective, whereas melee characters, especially barbs, are a lot more item dependant. Apart from a Fathom and Nightwings I can't think of any more TC75-87 items that are generally used by casters. I think you'll end up with a very caster dominated group even with the rules as they are now.

Anyway I have a perfect character for this, all it takes is switching 1 item and he should be ready:grin:

I like em. Lowering the rune level from Gul isnt really nessasary as their arnt exactly many runewords that are worth using that have a Gul in them =\. I'll participate in these dules! :)

Hmm your stash gear rule is a bit confussing, maby just let use whatever alternative gear you want (but it musnt cross other rules tho)

Everything else looks fine, except BO caped at 20 after items. You do know it will create additional drag for players to take off arreats (not hard to get item) or other + skill gear in order to BO himself. How about caping at 30, areats/2x +3 warcry sticks? Or, if you think thats too much, leave it at 22 (areats).

All items that can be considered when going up against elementals.
About the to be considered as:
''To be considered as one item per resist'' or ''To be considered as one item per (single resist here)'' means you can wear another item with the same mod against one element along side it. Shortened: TB1.
''To be considere as two items per resist'' or ''To be considered as two items per (single resist here)'' means you're set for that or for all resists, you cannot equip another item with either +max or absorb. Shortened TB2.

Darkglow ringmail. +5% to all maximum resists. TB1.
Venomward breastplate. +15% to max Poison Resist. TB1.
Spirit Forge linked mail. +5% Fire Resist. TB1.
Guardian Angel templar coat. +15% to all maximum Resistances. TB1.

Coldkill hatchet. +15% to maximum Cold Resist. TB1.
Rune Master ettin axe. +5% Maximum Cold Resist. TB1.
Etheral Edge silver edged axe. +10-12 Fire Absorb. TB1.
Frostwind champion axe. 65% Cold Absorb. TB2.

Snowclash battle belt. +15 Cold Absorb +15% to maximum Cold Resist. TB2.
Thundergods Vigor war belt. +20 Lightning Absorb +10% to maximum Lightning Resist. TB2.

Hotspur boots. 15% to maximum Fire Resist. TB1.
Infernostride demonhide boots. 10% to maximum Fire Resist. TB1.

Hellcast heavy crossbow. 15% to Max Fire resist. TB1.
The Jade Tan Do kris. +20% to maximum Poison Resist. TB1.

Venomgrip demonhide gloves. 5% to maximum Poison Resist. TB1.
Hellmouth war gountlets. +15 Fire Absorb. TB1.

Blackhorn's Face death mask. +20 Lightning Absorb. TB1.
Steel Shade armet. +5-11 Fire Absorb. TB1.
Nightwing's Veil spired helm. +5-9 Cold Absorb. TB1.
Andariel's Visage demon head. +10% to Maximum Poison Resist. TB1.

Nokozan Relic amulet. +10% to max Fire Resist. TB1.
The Rising Sun amulet. Adds 0.75 per character level to Fire Absorb. (unusable).

Dwarfstar ring. 15% Fire Absorb. TB1.
Ravenfrost ring. 20% Cold Absorb. TB1.
Wisp Projector ring. 10-20% Lightning Absorb. TB1.

Nord's Tenderisor Truncheon. 5-15% Cold Absorb. TB1.
Stormlash scourge. +3-9 Lightning Absorb. TB1.

Blackoak Shield luna. 0.625 per character level to Cold Absorb. (unusable)
Spirit Ward ward. +6-11 Cold Absorb. TB1.

The Tannr Gorerod pike. 15% to max Fire Resist. TB1.

Hexfire shamshir. 10% to maximum Fire Resist. TB1.
Cloudcrack gothic sword. 10% to maximum Lightning Resist. TB1.
Todesfaelle Flamme zweihander. +10 Fire Absorb. TB1.
Lightsabre phase blade. 25% Lightning Absorb. TB1.
Frostwind cryptic sword. 7-15% Cold Absorb. TB1.
Flamebellow balrog blade. 20-30% Fire Absorb. TB1.

I haven't included any of the class specific unique, nor the set-items. I'll see to that later and if not tomorrow.

I think I'm out, I was planning on using two characters based around o-skills, which are a no go. Maybe I'll think about throwing something else together...

I am considering letting the use of O-skills from

a) Wolfhowl

b) passion

for wolf barbs and zeal chantresses as it doesn't lead to lameness like the widowmaker. However I felt it would be rather too judgemental to ban some and allow others.

I suppose it would seem arbitrary to ban some o-skill builds and not others. I was planning on trying two passion based builds, knowing full well that both would probably get owned.

OCAU_MIKLE said:
@Doomas: Well if you where to carry 2 bo sticks then you couldnt have 2 main weapons ;)

??no items on switch? where it is stated in the rules? sight.....

More elemental stuff.

Spirit Keeper earth spirit. +10% to Maximum Poison Resist +9-14% Lightning Absorb 15-25% Cold Absorb. TB1.

Dragonscale zakarum shield. +5% to Maximum Fire Resist 10-20% Fire Absorb. TB2.

Iratha's SET (4 items). 10% to max Poison Resist 10% to max Cold Resist 10% to max Lightning Resist 10% to max Fire Resist. TB1.

Griswold's Valor corona. +0.25 per character level to Absorbs Cold. (unusable)

That's it.

Note that I listed some (Blackhorn's Face comes to mind) that have either max or absorb but also other mods that might be something to look at (as the slow on the helm, can't be used on melee or ranged).

Well, some have seen the power of my budget PvP'er in the MP scene now.. however I'm pretty sure I have about 3-5 other duelers that can easily be converted.

Thanks Sint btw for listing all those items for our convenience.

Doomas: I guess the rules were confusing. Basically you're allowed to have

SIX slot fillers in for your weapons/shields (two handed for characters other than barbs count as two, shields/claws/one handed weapons count as one). However, they have to be worn in three different sets.

What that means is that a pally can't have four swords and 2 shields, because he wouldn't be able to have 3 different usuable sets without using a shield twice. However he may have 2 shields, 2 swords and a maul. For barbs you can have six swords if you want, because they can be dual weilded.

That said, I don't think BO should be allowed over lvl 22 then, because otherwise I feel the barb has too great of an advantage when nobody else can us CtA

Edit: thinking of building a kicker myself, shopping claws with my necro ... so boring.

Ahh thanks for explaining things. hmmm I dont see no knockback rule, I hope its banned?:wink3:

"hides Knockback bowazon behind his back":rolleyes:

A few things to add

General
• No bugged, hacked, or duped items/characters.
• No potions, mercenaries, potion prebuffing, CtC prebuffing, wells, or shrines.
• Absorb rules: +max resist counts as absorb and each character is allowed two sources of absorb per element.
• Sources of Poison Length Reduce will count as a source of poison absorb.
• Cleansing is considered a source of PLR.
• Having points in the Paladin’s resist auras count as a source of absorb.

Skills
  • Minions that can't be summoned in town (except decoy) are banned.
  • Cannont recast Bone Armour or Cyclone Armour

Items
  • Only items from versions later than 1.10 are allowed. 1.10s and 1.10b items are not allowed.
  • Items containing %Slow cannont be used by ranged or melee.
  • Knockback is banned. Skills with knockback effect are allowed (Smite, Bash, Charge, etc)
  • Total life replenish is limited to 25.
  • Blackcloak Shield and Rising Sun Amulet are banned.

Sint Nikolaas said:
All items that can be considered when going up against elementals.
About the to be considered as:
''To be considered as one item per resist'' or ''To be considered as one item per (single resist here)'' means you can wear another item with the same mod against one element along side it. Shortened: TB1.
''To be considere as two items per resist'' or ''To be considered as two items per (single resist here)'' means you're set for that or for all resists, you cannot equip another item with either +max or absorb. Shortened TB2.

Frostwind champion axe. 65% Cold Absorb. TB2.
I didn't read through all the items, but this one caught my attention. Frostwind is Cryptic Sword, and only has absorb, so should be TB1.

Zhao_Yue said:
  • Sources of Poison Length Reduce will count as a source of poison absorb.
  • Total life replenish is limited to 25.
  • Blackcloak Shield and Rising Sun Amulet are banned.

1. I didn't list those, but indeed they count.
2. This includes item replenish AND skill replenish.
3. As is Griswold's Valor, however since this one only adds 0.25 it can be discussed.

Seems like we're getting there.

edit: Jr, there's also an Frostwind champion axe on the list where I got them from.. however it might be that it's never released in the game, dunno. Probably not. I just listed it as TB2 as it has 65%...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High