is it possible to rank on the ladder legit?

fordraceingman

Sep 8, 2005
is it possible to rank on the ladder legit?

just wondering how you rank on the ladder, is it all just your exp is based on, and if so wouldn't it be about impossible to actually rank high on it legit being tons of people on b.net run bots that do non stop baal runs?

Well it is POSSIBLE to rank really high on the ladder. You would have to play pretty much 24/7.

Most peopel at high levels run MF bots that get them so high.

fordraceingman said:
just wondering how you rank on the ladder, is it all just your exp is based on, and if so wouldn't it be about impossible to actually rank high on it legit being tons of people on b.net run bots that do non stop baal runs?

Hum? It is experience based...

I have never botted and I currently have one on the Barb ladder and he is on the actual ladder and until recently had one on the zon ladder - but people booted me off :shocked:

I suppose the ladder may be populated by bots, regardless there are still some people who play legitly and are there - myself included. Experience really is run/time based... Some people can run Baal the entire day, while others bot Baal the entire day... Same effect in the end, no?

Put in enough time and you can raise to a high enough level on to be included on ladder - bots or not...

Well it depends if your willing to play on a rigged ladder where people can spend no time and get where you are without working hard.

It is possible. I knew a few people last ladder in the top 50 who played legit. While it is possible it's just harder now there are all these baal bots.

Yes, it's exp based. Getting onto the overall ladder can be much harder than getting onto a class-specific ladder, depending on which class you play. The last time I checked, the lowest on pally ladder is lvl97 thanks to all the hammerdin bots, but the lowest on zon and druid ladders are pretty low. I think my lvl96 sorc is still around 150th on sorc ladder, but just got kicked out of the overall one 2 days ago...

fordraceingman said:
thats what i mean cause of the baal bots, that basically makes it pointless to try then

Eh... I wouldn't try late in the season (even if it's not resetting soon, it started in August) anyway. If you want to be on the ladder, wait till Blizz resets it, whenever, and you can make it your goal. :shocked: The only reason I went that high is cause I needed to be 96 to get leap - for PVP.

When you say legit, that would be doing all the work yourself right?
Would you still call it legit if you joined a baal game with a bot running it.(Just wondering)

yes still legit with a bot running the game and even if for hours you followed the botted game i would still call that legit cause if you don't join that one your going to join another ran by a bot but either way you want an 8 player game in there, the difference is your sitting at your comping actually doing the work and putting in the time and not im bed sleeping or at work collecting exp doing nothing. so yes

If there was a bot baaling you, it certainly wouldn't be legit in the way that Blizzard must have hoped when they dreamed up the Ladder.

I was on the ladder once.
When it reset last season, I had a 34 necromancer.
I guess I should have screenshot, because that's probably the last time I'll ever be on it again...heh.

When the last two ladders reset I played for maybe 3 hours straight. I got to like #10 on the druid ladder for a while and maybe 500th overall.
I logged out and played some later, I was still on the ladder. It's not very hard when the ladder is new if you play many (6ish?) hours a day.

And if you were to achieve level 99 tomorrow you'd be on the ladder for a while too. You can certainly do baal runs without cheating.

Baal bots are less useful when the ladder resets unless you buy runes or can dupe yourself.

yeah but by the end its always bots? just wondering if its even worth trying legit or is it about impossible unless you play 24/7 or cheat

Merick said:
When the last two ladders reset I played for maybe 3 hours straight. I got to like #10 on the druid ladder for a while and maybe 500th overall.
I logged out and played some later, I was still on the ladder. It's not very hard when the ladder is new if you play many (6ish?) hours a day.

And if you were to achieve level 99 tomorrow you'd be on the ladder for a while too. You can certainly do baal runs without cheating.

Baal bots are less useful when the ladder resets unless you buy runes or can dupe yourself.

Last ladder started the day after I had a week off work. If it had reset a week earlier I would have had one char at least on the ladder.
For the first couple of days I probably would have played 16 hours a day.

fordraceingman said:
yeah but by the end its always bots? just wondering if its even worth trying legit or is it about impossible unless you play 24/7 or cheat

Maybe by the end, its all bots because people have gotten lazy throughout the season... and them lazy folks don't mind infesting their comps with spyware, and the like. I'd say many of the top people got there legitimately. I know when I was leveling my zon there was a very high druid and zon pair that played (non-botting) - it has been awhile since I have really tried to level though.

I think you have missed the point or something... What do you mean is it worth trying legit? If you want to hit lvl 99, try it. If you want to beat Hammerdin Bot 56 to lvl 99 and only put in 3 hours a week, don't hold your breath. If your interest lies in leveling do it, and don't worry about xxHammerdinxxNoob and his bot... Who cares about the bot competition... honestly? If you hit level 96, 97, 98, 99 it will be awhile before the botters (if that) kick you off the ladder.

You don't need to play 24/7 - many people do have lives, however yes it is a time investment. If you don't want to then don't bother, but don't worry about the other people on battle net and how they achieve their ladder status...

on US East there are only actually a couple dozen lv 99's on the ladder...

It's a pretty rare feat it appears...i'm curious how as to how many ppl say they have a lv 99 actually do have one...

emar said:
Hum? It is experience based...

I have never botted and I currently have one on the Barb ladder and he is on the actual ladder and until recently had one on the zon ladder - but people booted me off :shocked:

I suppose the ladder may be populated by bots, regardless there are still some people who play legitly and are there - myself included. Experience really is run/time based... Some people can run Baal the entire day, while others bot Baal the entire day... Same effect in the end, no?

Put in enough time and you can raise to a high enough level on to be included on ladder - bots or not...

Actually, if you play very focussed, you'll be faster than bots since they have waiting times in town and during certain parts of the baalrun.
With a good group that is well adjusted to eachother, and all are elite players, you can probably beat botgames with speed.

fordraceingman said:
thats what i mean cause of the baal bots, that basically makes it pointless to try then

Baalbots require all the nice items to run, and it takes a while (probably a week or maybe longer) to gather the required high end gear and runes for enigma etc.
During that time, while they spend their time searching for botgear, you can use that time to level your char, so you'll beat the bots during the first month probably (since they'll have to catch up once they're ready)

emar said:
Maybe by the end, its all bots because people have gotten lazy throughout the season... and them lazy folks don't mind infesting their comps with spyware, and the like. I'd say many of the top people got there legitimately. I know when I was leveling my zon there was a very high druid and zon pair that played (non-botting) - it has been awhile since I have really tried to level though.

I think you have missed the point or something... What do you mean is it worth trying legit? If you want to hit lvl 99, try it. If you want to beat Hammerdin Bot 56 to lvl 99 and only put in 3 hours a week, don't hold your breath. If your interest lies in leveling do it, and don't worry about xxHammerdinxxNoob and his bot... Who cares about the bot competition... honestly? If you hit level 96, 97, 98, 99 it will be awhile before the botters (if that) kick you off the ladder.

You don't need to play 24/7 - many people do have lives, however yes it is a time investment. If you don't want to then don't bother, but don't worry about the other people on battle net and how they achieve their ladder status...

Well said :thumbsup:

I baaled with FFX, S3 #1 Ladder, on Us East and saw him hit 99. He was not a bot as many speculated, nor was FFX played by more than one person. He had highly organized runs that sometimes ran 15 hours a day with many, many eager substitute players in channel.

Remember that if the Ladder resest includes a version patch, there will be no bots for some time, you merely compete vs other humans. So if hard work, and demoralizing redundancy are your goal, then you have a shot at the ladder. Good luck to all next season.

Anth>S3

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High