Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes continued

Nope. They're not really too dangerous to humans. They have large webs, often found in grassland, farmland and bushland settings with lots of insects. Generally not as much in overly urbanised landscapes, although still can be found in gardens. Their venom has been evolved for insects/small prey, and not in protecting or hunting large animals (humans.)

I thought originally that I would only be playing D3 for the main storyline, but... The story is a lot larger than just the main campaign, and the grind has kind of caught me unexpectedly. I realised this when my HC Barbarian, level 70, started on (self-found HC) Torment IV, gaining 150+ Paragon levels. I'll save the details I've learnt about how D3 works with leveling, difficulty settings and overall difficulty, but it isn't as simple as in D2.

So, over the next undefined timespan, I'm just going to post a few screenshots and details of my D3 adventures.

Firstly, I laughed when I came across this Unique Boss.

Screenshot043.jpg

Secondly, I've personally had the philosophy or "comfort over style", but maybe Kharagul (Barbarian) might help me set up a new trendy style. While comfort does not equate to power, in this regards, his attire promotes a comfortable level of survivability that can equate to comfort.

Screenshot040.jpg

And there shall I end my current monologue of my adventure in D3, for the time being.

Reactions: Vildecor
Depending on how happy you are with your current character, there is going to be a new season of D3 starting in probably 3-4 weeks. PTR is up for patch changes.

Sadly, I am really enjoying my Barbarian. After a few runs and quests, I had progressed a bit and decided to check my skills - try to update them. After doing that, my build excelled significantly compared to the old one. And, I am really fond of him. I have tried a few others, on various difficulties, to understand how the level/difficulty dynamics work at first, and I have a decent grasp of the system. I don't mind it. It lets you rush a new character if you wish, or, hold off and play as normal with the Paragon system.
Or, for me, it lets me play a character with Paragon points through a Harder game difficulty than would be otherwise possible.

I'm enjoying D3 more than I wanted to. I wanted to get the stories, the dialogue, the quest arch, and finish N/NM/Hell, Hardcore. Sort of, I did that, but D3 doesn't work in the same way, and offers... More and more in terms of challenge and opportunity to... to Grind. Which, I didn't want to do, but, I enjoy. The list of "Achievements"... A system that fundamentally, I hate. But I have a type of personality where if I have been given a /challenge/, and /achievement/ goal, I want to be able to do it. To gain that 100% rating. :shrugs: I might be late, but D3 is definitely enjoyable.

Sadly, I am really enjoying my Barbarian. After a few runs and quests, I had progressed a bit and decided to check my skills - try to update them. After doing that, my build excelled significantly compared to the old one. And, I am really fond of him. I have tried a few others, on various difficulties, to understand how the level/difficulty dynamics work at first, and I have a decent grasp of the system. I don't mind it. It lets you rush a new character if you wish, or, hold off and play as normal with the Paragon system.
Or, for me, it lets me play a character with Paragon points through a Harder game difficulty than would be otherwise possible.

I'm enjoying D3 more than I wanted to. I wanted to get the stories, the dialogue, the quest arch, and finish N/NM/Hell, Hardcore. Sort of, I did that, but D3 doesn't work in the same way, and offers... More and more in terms of challenge and opportunity to... to Grind. Which, I didn't want to do, but, I enjoy. The list of "Achievements"... A system that fundamentally, I hate. But I have a type of personality where if I have been given a /challenge/, and /achievement/ goal, I want to be able to do it. To gain that 100% rating. :shrugs: I might be late, but D3 is definitely enjoyable.

D3 when it first came out had four (Normal, NM, Hell, Inferno) difficulties and played similarly to D2, but was criticized for no endgame other than the Auction House.

The current iteration of the game (Adventure mode) came from the expansion, which most agreed was an improvement to the system.

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves sangria

I should pick up where I left off in PS3 for D3.

In case the other site goes down or something, shouldn't the memorial bar include a bit about Etdlahq? It feels odd (and it did on the old site) not to have something about them in the first post.

It was before my time, so I'm sorry if this question has been answered before in the other thread.

Reactions: Drystan
I agree with the above.

Some D3 shenanigans...

@ioupain reminded me how many found Leah to be annoying, something that I just brushed off and let go. But her reasoning and character does not make sense. A man surviving a fall from space, destroying half the cathedral, and bringing the undead back to re-animation is not something that Leah believes Deckard Cain believes to be a miracle, or something out of the ordinary. She also disbelieves his stories, despite tagging along with Cain on his journeys, seeing demons, undead and the entire history of the past 20 years. Oh Leah... (This isn't all on Leah, but the script-writing and character for Leah are a bit narrow minded at times.)

Lore Leah.jpg

Some more lore, as proclaimed from none other than, the Lord of... Good luck, fella!

Lore Lord of the.jpg

And, this famous demon warrior. What a name!

As the text is a little difficult on that tile set, Bashface the Truncheon.

Name Bashface.jpg

That is all for now. I have started the grind, and have a couple challenging objectives underway. But that truly means that I have started on the grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ioupain
Now you should get a portable grindstone so you can keep on grinding while not grinding. Make sure you have some things to grind though, I would go with a broadsword or something along those lines, to stay in the medieval theme.

No need for immediate grinding, or not too much anyway. I was going to, to try to find a few extra set pieces, but found a random unique that reduces the number of set pieces required to get the next set bonus. IE: I didn't need to find another Immortal King set piece, but now had enough. Threw them on, look at the stats, +massive damage if Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients were active at the same time.

I was on Greater Rift 19, able to do 20, but slight chance of a death, so I held off. Tested the new buff, and... Well, Let's just say I'm at Greater Rift 29, and that is easy as the early rifts now. I gained the full IK Set, but didn't like the weapon. I was using Bul-Kathos' sword set, but needed to swap out for the IK hammer, just for the couple of rifts, but with the full set, swapped back to Bul-Kathos' dual wielding. With the unique armour, I can still keep all of both set bonuses, and yeah... Suddenly I can progress a huge amount further, upgraded a neat twinking Gem, and... A small part of me feels like it's not the same.

While I don't want to grind all the characters to level 70, rushing a character to high levels quickly and easily doesn't feel the same. I might actually make a story runner, using the items, and hunt down all the remaining dialogues and passages I've missed for the lore and achievements.

So this isn't all text: Barfield and Herding Chickens!

Name Barfield.jpg

Name Winged Assassins.jpg

Reactions: CaseyJones
Could use a glass of some local Mead or Wine right about now. Just spent the evening 25 foot up in scaffolding installing my ceiling on my home. Yeah, about 10th finally done.

D3 is fun for what it is, but lacks in other departments. Mainly I feel every character plays the same just has different GFX attached. This is due to the way the powercreep is done and if they do it in D4 and not follow the D2 difficulty and itemization varieties there isn't much.

Like for instance, I looked at doing a random tournament in D3 and it just doesn't work, nor do most tournaments in the D2 due to the way items work and the fundamental powercreep in the game.

Last edited:
Speaking of chickens...In Neverwinter there's a pvp event for April fools where you all turn into chickens and fight. That was pretty funny.

MMmmm, vegetarian thinking about chickens for their ability to reduce pest insects, cockroaches, mosquitoes, and ability to hatch lovely, free range, nom-ilicious eggs.

So, this post is simply about my first, absolute WTF GORE experience with Diablo 3. We are a Diablo forum, and as such, from Diablo 1 to the current Diablo is about animated, fantasy violence. This is evident from anyone who has played Diablo 1, with the angels and mortals... mutilated on spikes, walls, butcher victims etc. Anyone on this forums, even if the forums are for a (G)eneral audience, has some idea of the gore and violence that Diablo games have to offer... SO!

I was running around Diablo 3, killing demons, undead and the like, as expected... UNTIL! I came across this contraption, and cast an /AREA OF EFFECT/ ability on it.... I withdrew my hands from my mouse, my keyboard, and raised them unto my mouth. I did NOT mean that! You may have been dead, and tortured, as the Diablo Lore and Demonology dictates, but... My sincerest apologies, corpsey! I did not have any intention of pressing your undead corpse through this torture device!!!! I withdrew my hands, and I apologise for what I accidentally caused upon your corpse.

Torture01.jpg

Torture02.jpg

Torture03.jpg

RIP, and, I was truly sorry and surprised that I sent your body through this demonic torture device. May your spirit rest in peace, and I, as a Nephilim , will avenge your spirit, soul and body.

Diablo 3 season ends soon, which kind of makes me sad. Also excited. All these Sets and Paragon levels that are just going to go to dust. On the other hand, I now know what I'm doing in D3, and can aim for the Guardian Quest/Achievement. Also, now is the time to push the Greater Rifts, as even if my main Barbarian dies, no big deal as he will go into the out-of-season characters anyway.

Not sure on characters I'll want to make though: Do I go with another Barbarian, who is my main char, or try another main I don't know. I won't be starting with a couple, as they'll have been completed anyway. Crusader is definitely high on my list.

I'll be playing the new season and most likely a DH - just need to see what happens with the final patch notes.

Reactions: Babyhell
@Jcakes Would you be interested in SC MP for the new season. All my chars (bar 1) are HC, and I think I'll need to do some MP characters to get some Paragon points for accumulated off-season chars. Similar to what ioupain and I are doing. Once (or twice) a week, chars just between us for 1-2 hours kinda thing. Timezones much easier for us. :)

*Checks the SPF. Notices it doesn't have much activity. Feels sadly worried.*

*Checks the SPF again. Same story.*

*Finally sees a post in the bar that references this site. Also sees mass-PM from moderator (now two weeks old) directing to this site. Feels warmly content again.*

Glad I found you all. I'll buy a round on for the house.

Haha, welcome. Sadly, these forums are more quiet than usual as well. So feel free to post a bit more than usual. :)

Reactions: Luhkoh
nubs!
Durf always pays for drinks!
*throws Durf wallet on the floor
/varnish

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High