• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Zealots

Dlouc

Jan 11, 2005
Zealots

Heyohh, I've got a few questions about equipment for this great character everyone loves so much.
With the Guardian Angel, does the resist bonus increase maximum resists? Or does it actually add that much resist to your character? What items would you use for that much resist?
How much Crushing Blow should you end up having on your paladin? around 50%-60% I'd imagine.

Ultimately, I'm wondering what what Equipment would you require to get both max resists and CB to their optimal level? Thanks in advanced for your great answers, it's appreciated.

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Guardian Angel adds to MAX resists, but does not provide any actual resist itself.

The best way to achieve max all resist is entirely subjective to what character you're making. The main routes would be either;
1) GA with a few other + max res items/runes.
2) GA with a few 10 points in each of the Resist skills, along with Venom Grip gloves or a Gul Rune in your armour/helm.
3) Max all Resist skills along with several + max res items/runes.
4) Irathas Set along with several + max res items/runes.

There is no optimal level of crushing blow, the more the better.

If you're looking to make a paladin with max res, I would suggest an avenger. If you used Guardian Angel with Venom Grips, and had this skill distribution;

20 Vengeance
20 Conviction
10 Resist Lightning
10 Resist Cold
10 Resist Fire
20 Holy Shield
Leftovers in Defiance

Then that would give you great damage in all elements, with a possible 95 all res. How you get that much res AND get near 50% DR is a little difficult but doable.

Expensive;
CoA (BerBer)
Mara's
Grief Phase
GA (Um)
HoZ (Um)
Venom Grip
Ravenfrost
Verds
Natures Peace/Rare Res Ring
Gores

Throw in a few Res sc's and voila.

Alternate version;
Kira's (Um)
Mara's
Grief Phase
GA (Um)
Stormshield (Um)
Venom Grip
Rare Res Ring
Verds
Natures Peace/Rare Res Ring
Gores

I'd also say to get a Prayer Merc with Infinity to keep you Mana full (and heal you at a decent rate whilst he's at it ;))

Nimbostratus

Jul 30, 2005
New Jersey, USA
A cheap way to get high resists is to get a normal (as in "not magic") paladin shiled with high base resists, get it socketed (so it has 4 sockets) and put all perfect diamonds in it. Sure, you sacrifice some other nice mods, but having up to 121 resist all on a single item is pretty darn good. :thumbsup:

And in case you're wondering/ too lazy to figure it out, to have the full 121 resist all shield, it has to start out with +45 resist all.