• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

"Your login has been restricted temporarily" ifr

DerGottKonig

Aug 13, 2005
B.net
"Your login has been restricted temporarily"

Dunno if this place has a community forums, cause i just made my account, but i was just in the middle of playing diablo II having quit so long ago because even good things go stale eventually.

While on my 80 level sorc i was in the middle of a Meph run in hell and after the kill and picking up his drops i leave the game to start another, and it shoots me back to main screen, i head into the character screen to get back on my sorc and it says

"Your login has been restricted temporarily" What the hell does that mean?

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
You may have gotten temp banned due to making too many games too fast, this is Blizzard's anti-botting system at work.

Or you if you were using a third party program, Blizzard may have just banned you like the 36,000 other maphackers.

DerGottKonig

Aug 13, 2005
B.net
well between each game i check the trade channel so i can see whats worth what and whats going on (Whaaat?) so i wasnt making games to fast, because i hate making them fast then having to wait at the load screen and the door wont open XD

So if i get banned for absolutely no reason this sucks major *** o_O

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
It's not necessarily the time between games, but how many games made in a certain amount of time. I think someone said 20+ games in an hour will get you temp banned or something like that, I've never tested it though.

If you think you were banned for no reason a day or two from now, try contacting Blizzard and they can usually supply you a reason.