• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Your account has been closed (8)

vendrox

Jul 14, 2005
The Pits
Your account has been closed (8)

What the hell? Anyways, does anyone know what that (8) means? Can't find an explanation anywhere on battle.net.

I just did a quick google for "Your account has been closed (8)" and the majority of the few topics that come up are related to maphack users.

Time to join SP. :)

Anyway, good luck towards your cause and I hope everything gets fixed soon. :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm going to take a big stab at it, and guess that the (8) refers to the section in their Terms of Agreement that grants them the right to close your account:

Blizzard Terms of Service said:
8. Termination. This agreement is effective until termination by either party. You may terminate this agreement at any time by destroying all materials obtained from this Site and/or Service and all related documentation thereof. Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this agreement without notice at Blizzard's sole discretion if you fail to comply with any term of this agreement, including, but not limited to, disruptive behavior, cheating, instituting attacks upon a Battle.net server, and any unlawful activity. It is the policy of Blizzard to co-operate fully in criminal investigations, including, but not limited to, and if permitted by local laws, tracing user Internet Protocol IP addresses and associated personal information, as well as sharing all other user information on file with the proper authorities upon request.

Edit2: Although I'm probably wrong, since if it does refer to sections, section (4b) would seem more reasonable.

vendrox

Jul 14, 2005
The Pits
omgwtfbbqpwned said:
I just did a quick google for "Your account has been closed (8)" and the majority of the few topics that come up are related to maphack users.

Time to join SP. :)

Anyway, good luck towards your cause and I hope everything gets fixed soon. :thumbsup:

Edit: I'm going to take a big stab at it, and guess that the (8) refers to the section in their Terms of Agreement that grants them the right to close your account:

Edit2: Although I'm probably wrong, since if it does refer to sections, section (4b) would seem more reasonable.

Thank you ^^ /me is gonna go SP'in like a madman...