• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Yet Another Hello

toolboy

Aug 1, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yet Another Hello

Well, everyone else seems to be introducing themselves, so I figured I'd join in the fun. I started playing D2 the day the game came out, so about 5 years. I only played USWest hardcore. I can remember doing Chaos Sanctuary runs with my tweaker sorceress and a necro, looking out the window, and realizing that the light I saw was from the rising sun. Hardcore was much more thrilling and rewarding than softcore, and it kept most of the leeches and whiners out, especially once you got past normal difficulty. That seemed to change with the expansion when you could leech your way to Hell. About two years ago I lost interest in the game, and I was busy trying to finish up my engineering degree so I stopped playing.

I started playing about a month ago, 1.09. I just upgraded to 1.11 and started all over again. No internet connection at home = single player.

I've been lurking here for a while, and figured I'd finally introduct myself. I think the SPF'ers are the most intelligent posters on these forums. I play soccer, so I already have shin guards. You'll have to find another way to harass me. Hope the intro wasn't too long.

OCAU_MIKLE

Banned
Jan 4, 2005
Hey hey, Welcome to the SPF!! I'd better be seeing you in the MP games thread or theirs gonna be some havok!

- ocau_mikle

water_moon

Jul 19, 2004
IL, USA
Welcome! Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant. Don't mind the shin kickers, if you'd read up on the SPF FAQs you'd know that's just our way of saying "hi, we'd like to get to know you better, and what better way than cripling you to chain you to your comp for the next month or so?" or something like that ;)

toolboy

Aug 1, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the squid repellant and the goodies. I knew you guys were friendly, but I had no idea you were this nice. *tear* I don't suppose that my old shin guards will protect me from a 'sin guru, so I guess I'll just have to hunker down and take the abuse as it comes. And I was hoping to come through this with all my limbs intact.