• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Yes, a thief is with us...

Yes, a thief is with us...

Hi,

Well, i was with one of my best friends helping him to get his very own hellfire torch. his chars are well euiped but bad builded, we were doing fine (mephi dead) but minions were fu***** us up, them i thought: i kill'd uber brothers with DevilsWrath (YES, HE'S HERE FORM FORUM), and he didnt stole, ill call him, ok. I call'ed and said "dont stole plz, is of my friend." tem he said: "ok sure. IM TRUSTABLE. he came helped tanking with his sumoner them when he died he stole unique large charm and left.

WT* IS THAT? can we trust ppl in forums?
 

mhl12

Member
Jul 3, 2004
3,970
6
466
USA
first of all are you sure he was devilswrath? Also, you should realize that even though this forum is legit, not everyone here is. 200 something posts is not a lot .
 

Omikron8

Member
Jun 28, 2003
8,171
0
165
This forum is NOT what it used to be in the classic 1.06 and before days. It contains many of the same a-holes that you will find in b.net pub games. You can't trust anyone so build yourself a nice frenzy barb or smiter and kill the uber three yourself.
 

superdave

Member
Mar 14, 2004
12,561
109
480
please don't ban me.
www.abbasite.com
Omikron8 said:
It contains many of the same a-holes that you will find in b.net pub games.
most of these are new members just registered in the last month....there are a few good ones in there too....some are here just to get the new patch info and will be gone soon...the others eventually will say something stupid and will be banned
 

letosan

Member
Aug 2, 2005
345
0
77
Missouri
how about the people who had to reregister (like me) who used to play the game way back in teh day? I have no more post count anymore *points right* but that doesn't mean I haven't played this game a lot. I played for 5 years straight before my computer died and I had to take a couple of years off. I just got restarted a few weeks before that ladder came back around again.

It does kinda suck not having anyone left on my friends list. I used to roll with a great group of people, we did uber D and no one yoinked the charm. Honest people, fun to play with, none the a-holes I have seen out there today. I have come across a few nice people here and there, but man, it just aint the same.
 

Omikron8

Member
Jun 28, 2003
8,171
0
165
superdave said:
most of these are new members just registered in the last month....there are a few good ones in there too....some are here just to get the new patch info and will be gone soon...the others eventually will say something stupid and will be banned

I never specified my comment towards this recent ladder reset. I am talking about expansion in general, which turned d2 into ITAMZ FEST
 

Hnoo B

Member
May 10, 2005
194
0
86
California
luiccn said:
WT* IS THAT? can we trust ppl in forums?

Honestly, I'd trust people with >1000 posts myself. The incentive to steal is too great with this charm right now. In another 2 months everybody and their mercenary and their mecernary's mama will have one of the charms and then their worth will settle down (except for the very high attribute ones), but for now they're too high in demand. I would also check when people first registered. If they've been around here for >1 year they're probably trustworthy or they would have gotten banned.
 

ImMaClone

Member
May 12, 2004
363
0
77
USW *s4clone
luiccn said:
Hi,

Well, i was with one of my best friends helping him to get his very own hellfire torch. his chars are well euiped but bad builded, we were doing fine (mephi dead) but minions were fu***** us up, them i thought: i kill'd uber brothers with DevilsWrath (YES, HE'S HERE FORM FORUM), and he didnt stole, ill call him, ok. I call'ed and said "dont stole plz, is of my friend." tem he said: "ok sure. IM TRUSTABLE. he came helped tanking with his sumoner them when he died he stole unique large charm and left.

WT* IS THAT? can we trust ppl in forums?

That suck. However, there are cool people here--you just need to find them. I normally check the number of post counts, when they joined, and the content of their posts.
 

TriggerHappy

Member
Jul 15, 2003
793
0
120
Fruitopia
Visit site
Yea, start with people with high post count, but don't over look time they have been here. I have been here from the begining and I never did anything to think about making a new name. Do some research before you ask because it it worth it.
 

Wmeredith

Member
Sep 16, 2004
864
1
256
41
luiccn said:
Hi,

Well, i was with one of my best friends helping him to get his very own hellfire torch. his chars are well euiped but bad builded, we were doing fine (mephi dead) but minions were fu***** us up, them i thought: i kill'd uber brothers with DevilsWrath (YES, HE'S HERE FORM FORUM), and he didnt stole, ill call him, ok. I call'ed and said "dont stole plz, is of my friend." tem he said: "ok sure. IM TRUSTABLE. he came helped tanking with his sumoner them when he died he stole unique large charm and left.

WT* IS THAT? can we trust ppl in forums?

Holy crap, I can't even read that. Eek, punctuation and at least TRY to spell.
 

misterlinno

Member
Aug 2, 2005
59
0
26
I've only been able to find a couple people on bnet that I could completely trust to help me transfer items and lend items to. But I mean you really gotta put them to the test and let them prove themselves before you tempt them with something as nice as a hellfire charm. I wouldn't let someone I didn't know uber trist with me. It's a sad state of affairs. Even on the forum. I'm quite new on the forum but I wouldn't want to be put in the catagory of bnet scammers.
 

cassurai

Member
Oct 18, 2003
206
0
58
Hnoo B said:
Honestly, I'd trust people with >1000 posts myself. The incentive to steal is too great with this charm right now. In another 2 months everybody and their mercenary and their mecernary's mama will have one of the charms and then their worth will settle down (except for the very high attribute ones), but for now they're too high in demand. I would also check when people first registered. If they've been around here for >1 year they're probably trustworthy or they would have gotten banned.

Mercenaries can't be equipped with charms. Neither can their mamas. :D
 

Dawnmaster

Member
Apr 23, 2004
5,209
30
469
40
Belgium
luiccn said:
Hi,

Well, i was with one of my best friends helping him to get his very own hellfire torch. his chars are well euiped but bad builded, we were doing fine (mephi dead) but minions were fu***** us up, them i thought: i kill'd uber brothers with DevilsWrath (YES, HE'S HERE FORM FORUM), and he didnt stole, ill call him, ok. I call'ed and said "dont stole plz, is of my friend." tem he said: "ok sure. IM TRUSTABLE. he came helped tanking with his sumoner them when he died he stole unique large charm and left.

WT* IS THAT? can we trust ppl in forums?

Well, anyone with 1000+ posts can generally be trusted, others, check out their other threads and posts to see what kind of persons they are.

Secondly, you said: when he died, he stole unique large charm and left? How in blazes name can you steal something once you're dead? Care to explain this in normal and calm english to me.

Thirdly, and this is a general note: these charms are so easy to obtain, easier than any type of perfect gem or even a stupid nagelring, why in blazes name are people trying to steal that? It's like taking candy from a baby. Jesus, just go to the local store!
 
Jun 7, 2005
10,953
373
378
Kansas
as i said in another thread IT'S A GAME!!

this is a pet peeve of mine. there's no way to know im one of the most honest ppl around. post count doesnt matter. i've see several ppl that have been around for years w/only a few posts. they just don't speak unless they feel the need. i really think there needs to be a system for knowing trustworthy ppl here. i came over from rpgtraders. it is a slower (and glitchy) system for trades but they have an excelent feed back system. you wanna trade w/someone you look at their feedback and get an impression of how they trade. 95% of trades there are drop trades with help xfering too. i would like to see a complaint sticky. i know that someone would have a grudge and post a lie but if there is no further complaints against that person then you could assume it was either a one time offense or just a grudge holder tryin to get a ban on someone. even better would be a "trustee" thread where you could post your good experiences with people.

to get an idea of who is trustworthy, look at the help thread for people asking for help holding stuff during a r/d and see who helps them out. or look for people who actually help out in the help thread instead of only asking. mods are always trustworthy but not always available. but as someone mentioned even a normally trustworthy person, has everything in the game, doesnt need anything might be tempted into stealing a torch (although personally i think an anni is harder to get cause u have to either have 100 pluss sojs or rely on other ppl to sell)

actually i'm going to start a list im my sig of trustworthy ppl like i've seen other people do.
 

sharkonly

Member
Jul 6, 2005
23
0
5
romania
he meant when mefisto died not the necro.....
its hard to write & form sentances corectly when english isnt
ur native language and alot of other reasons to.....

sh4rk-i have same problems with forming sentances so... be nice :lol:
 

Dawnmaster

Member
Apr 23, 2004
5,209
30
469
40
Belgium
you wanna trade w/someone you look at their feedback and get an impression of how they trade. 95% of trades there are drop trades with help xfering too

Well, as I pointed out, if you're really concerned, just take a look at some other threads from that person. I know it's a lot of work, but you'll see fast enough what kind of threads he/she makes, how childish he/she is, how her/his trades went etc. Most people leave a little comment of gratitude after a trade here as a reply to close the trade thread down.

And, all of my trades go via drop, usually, if the person is someone I haven't traded with and has a lower postcount, I wait till he/she drops first. And I always stay if someone wants to talk about something or mule some stuff.

It is a very nice place here. But you got random bnet pubby noobs swarming over, making weird stupid threads and posting the wrong things in the wrong forums.

Well, that's just my 2 cents :D
 
Jun 7, 2005
10,953
373
378
Kansas
Dawnmaster said:
Well, as I pointed out, if you're really concerned, just take a look at some other threads from that person. I know it's a lot of work, but you'll see fast enough what kind of threads he/she makes, how childish he/she is, how her/his trades went etc. Most people leave a little comment of gratitude after a trade here as a reply to close the trade thread down.

And, all of my trades go via drop, usually, if the person is someone I haven't traded with and has a lower postcount, I wait till he/she drops first. And I always stay if someone wants to talk about something or mule some stuff.

It is a very nice place here. But you got random bnet pubby noobs swarming over, making weird stupid threads and posting the wrong things in the wrong forums.

Well, that's just my 2 cents :D

yeah it took me a while to write all that and you posted in the mean time.

also i would like to point out that everyone has bad days when their post aren't reflective of the way they are normally. i got a 7 day ban for going around the word filter when i got mad for being called a retard :) in his defense i did kinda lowball his trade.
 

JooJooMolly

Member
Dec 17, 2003
12
0
1
47
guildmedieval.com
Also there are some guilds such as guildmedieval (Yes I'm a member) that stress things such as being polite and helping people and these guilds would ban someone for being a thief or PK'r. So if people are looking for someone to game with or get help xfering from consider looking up and joining one of those guilds. It's not a perfect solution but it will increse your odds playing with someone who is trustworthy.
 

yelopen

Member
May 19, 2005
1,727
0
255
O'Neil's Empire ~~~~~~ California
everyone I've ever traded with on this forums has been nice :thumbsup:
letting me xfer after trades; I've xfered ists and griffons and arachs and lots of nice stuff and noone has taken it.

In general, most people, at least that I've traded with, here are trustworthy. I only hear about scams and stuff once in a while here. I've helped some people with uber tristram, I'd be glad to help if only you were USWest :lol:

Mortext will back me up if you don't believe me :D