• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

xfering alone

muzyk

Aug 13, 2005
Toronto Canada
xfering alone

Is there a safe fool proof way of doing it with out the game disappearing?
like a set ammount of time to perm the game for a few mins etc?

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
muzyk said:
Is there a safe fool proof way of doing it with out the game disappearing?
like a set ammount of time to perm the game for a few mins etc?

if you stay for 5 minutes, it will leave the game for up to 2 minutes without a char in it. you need to wait in game 10-20 secs before leaving, and after you leave, wait 10 secs before changing chars.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Jan 3, 2004
Your subconscious
Superhal said:
if you stay for 5 minutes, it will leave the game for up to 2 minutes without a char in it. you need to wait in game 10-20 secs before leaving, and after you leave, wait 10 secs before changing chars.

... and when possible, it's best to do this during non-peak playing hours to minimize the risk of suddenly getting booted from BNet.

There is no 100% safe method of self-muling, but the method Superhal described is commonly used and actually pretty reliable. I self-muled that way for 4 or 5 years without problems.

muzyk

Aug 13, 2005
Toronto Canada
Dredd said:
... and when possible, it's best to do this during non-peak playing hours to minimize the risk of suddenly getting booted from BNet.

There is no 100% safe method of self-muling, but the method Superhal described is commonly used and actually pretty reliable. I self-muled that way for 4 or 5 years without problems.

what are peak hours for useast sc nl???

dang79

Feb 18, 2004
Superhal said:

I always thought the game stayed open for 5 minutes after being permed.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Jan 3, 2004
Your subconscious
muzyk said:
what are peak hours for useast sc nl???

You caught me there - as I'm not entirely sure. I would speculate that peak times would be in the afternoons on weekdays and a good portion of the day on weekends.

I would usually do my muling early in the morning, or around midnight if I was by myself. You don't have to be extremely worried about server traffic - it's just something to keep in mind.

A quick, and hopefully more helpful tip - while in a game, use the /fps command to keep an eye on your ping. If it spikes a lot or is unusually high, think twice about muling and try again a bit later.

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
Muling alone is best avoided when it can be, lest you get the dreaded realm down while muling. I got a realm down while muling my Fortitude armor but thankfully mcm was online and was able to grab it for me. I lucked out, bigtime.

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Back when I had only one key, I made the muling game with the receiving char --- that way I had to leave the game and come back with the giving char after the 5 minute wait, which basically "proved" that the game was still there.

It's a bit of a tradeoff, though --- that "first char change" counts towards your realm down. Just be patient --- you can alway Alt-Tab out of the game and do something else for a bit, like checking the forums. And mule *often*, instead of muling a lot of stuff in one session.

EDIT: and don't go overboard: don't mule the 5 SOJs you got in the last 5 games in just one session. Move them one-by-one.