• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

WW Dual Wielding. A Few Questions.

Jul 3, 2003
Ohio
WW Dual Wielding. A Few Questions.

Allright, so I'm planning on making a WW Barb, using dual axes. and I've got some questions.

1) Which Axes? I have a ebotd Zerker, and a Beast Zerker, and was told by a friend to use those, because they're effective and i already have them. But wouldn't 2 ebotd's be better?

2)Armor. The same friend recomended I go very low strength and very high life. I could get a Dusk Enig easily, but they're extremely ugly. Same with an archon. But i don't really care much, just that the char is fun to play. What armor recomendations besides enigma are there? My main question is about the armor, since i would be trading for it. I have a 44/24 Levi, but i really don't like the str req or the color. What armor's out there have decent str reqs and good defence? Just bringing myself back to dusk enigma?

dkay

Jul 31, 2003
HB, California
1) 2 ebotd wouldnt be better because with calculations we have found that ebotd + beast dishes out the most damage. not to mention that beast has desireable mods such as the strength bonus and openwounds etc.

2) your friend is right. enigma is best for caster killing but if you plan to not use enigma then i suggest you go fortitude or duress. duress is very sexy and cheap.

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
1. grief has more consistent damage compared to ebotd
2. dusk sucks - if u dont liek the look go for mage plate enigma or osmething its 55 str req

Jul 3, 2003
Ohio
thanks for all the reply's. I've got almost all my gear worked out, i just need to decide what gloves to use as Drac's dont seem that practical since ctc doesnt work with WW. I also need to find myself an arreats, an Up'd one was given to me but i won't have the 196str to use it. I also made a mage plate enigma, so I'm well on my way.

Grizmorean

Aug 2, 2005
Dusk Shroud is awesome look I don't care what anyone says, dusk shroud +arreats looks awesome on barbs :mad: .

Choson

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Canada
Sup well seems u got most gear right just a few things you shoul use 2x Ravens+ arachnid mesh and a highlords and ur barb should be set except for charms

Ot. I used to have a friend with the exact same acct as ur user name on Useast would you happen to remember Pat,Nick,Mike,or Ray? if that is you of course lol

BonzoHarry

Jul 8, 2005
alabama
dkay said:
of course. with that kinda look, barbs will look like angels~

use the beast/ebotd and use enigma and get an anni. Don't use any stat points until lvl70 when you can use your anni, then get the base strength for your enigma. And it's strength should cover you until you can use the ebotd which gives another 30, and beast gives another 35ish, so that should cover your strength. Then put the rest into vita, use verdungos, and angelics/raven and your dex is covered.

With this, i have 11k ar WW, 491vit and 5.3k life. If i had life charms i could get much more, and a torch.